Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum resuming 11 July

edited June 2018 in General Charlton
If England get through to the semi final it will be rearranged..

Comments

• Football Focus on a Wednesday!
  • edited June 2018
  • razil said:

Fans Forum... altho I think it may be a semi final that day

Yes - Thats the Semi-Final in England's half of the draw
  • Have the tea and biscuits been ended in line with other club austerities?
  • razil said:

If England get through to the semi final it will be rearranged..

What the England game? has our fans forum become that important a world cup game could be changed because of a clash!
  • iainment said:

Have the tea and biscuits been ended in line with other club austerities?

Bring your own hobnobs
  • shirty5 said:

iainment said:

Bring your own hobnobs
    Ameretto biscuits if you don't mind.
  • edited June 2018
    good call, we'll start a bring your own tea and biscuits protest - I can see the headlines now..
  • Make it early morning, and they will give you a good breakfast
  • shirty5 said:

iainment said:

Bring your own hobnobs
    Ameretto biscuits if you don't mind.
    No problem Syd. Tea cosy for your pepper pot?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    As referenced elsewhere, 3pm kick off for the Forum tomorrow to fit in with club officials schedule/holiday - it’s a ‘takeover special’ with normal FF to resume in next few weeks.

I have registered my views on the difficulty in attending for those on the forum who work 9-5 (another time of very early Thursday was also mooted).
  • razil said:

As referenced elsewhere 3pm kick off tomorrow to fit in with club officials schedule a ‘takeover special’ with normal FF to resume in next few weeks.

I will be registering my views on the scheduling for the minutes ref those on the forum who work 9-5; another time of very early Thursday. No doubt the club’s reasons will also be fully minuted..

Translation into English please.
  • can anyone attend or do you have to be a member of the Trust or something simialar ??
  • razil said:

As referenced elsewhere 3pm kick off tomorrow to fit in with club officials schedule a ‘takeover special’ with normal FF to resume in next few weeks.

I will be registering my views on the scheduling for the minutes ref those on the forum who work 9-5; another time of very early Thursday. No doubt the club’s reasons will also be fully minuted..

Completely unintelligible!
  • can anyone attend or do you have to be a member of the Trust or something simialar ??

You have to be a member of the Fans Forum.

Membership here:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/supporter-groups

I have copied this from the club website.

Role of the fans’ forum members

As a member of the fans’ forum, each individual has a duty to liaise and consult with fans from the group they represent and ensure they best serve their interests in meetings with the club.

Each of the 12 members is contactable via email and they are able to provide feedback and take questions from the fans they represent, as well as share updates after each meeting. Please click here to view a list of all the club’s official supporter groups

Some supporters do not feel fully engaged and some have raised questions about the forum. Therefore, the club felt it was important to look at the current process and this is ongoing. To have your say, please email fans@cafc.co.uk
  • razil said:

"I've told them 3.00pm on a working day is a pain for those who work regular jobs. The alternative was very early Thursday morning.

Normally the fans forum talks about a range of operational and fan issues but this meeting will just be about the takeover.

There will be minutes published by the club."
  • Is anyone on here going?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018

razil said:

"I've told them 3.00pm on a working day is a pain for those who work regular jobs. The alternative was very early Thursday morning.

Normally the fans forum talks about a range of operational and fan issues but this meeting will just be about the takeover.

It really isn’t appropriate for fans’ reps to agree to be restricted to the club publishing its own version at this point. It means they are just being used and they should realise that.

The level of the club’s commitment to transparency is shown by the fact this meeting is being chaired, apparently, by someone whose name has been unknown by fans until now. There is no trust left.
    I don't disagree but I was just translating what @razil , who is a member of the fans fourm, said into plain English as requested.

Maybe the Supporters' Trust on the forum would like to comment
  • Having an agenda is interesting. Do reps influence what is on the agenda before any meeting?
    Presumably the theory is that reps get the agenda, reps go to the groups they represent for opinions suggestions and points to be made regarding the agenda items.
    In theory we should all know the agenda by now and had an opportunity to comment before the meeting.
    Is the alternative simply the club saying 'it is what it is'?
    A one way system where the club is active, the fans passive, and the club controls the message.
    How collaborative is this system?
  • This one is different to a usual FF.

I believe the only agenda item is the take over.

It’s being attended (unsure if Chaired) by the name mentioned above.

Scheduled for 45 minutes.
  • Rob7Lee said:

This one is different to a usual FF.

I believe the only agenda item is the take over.

It’s being attended (unsure if Chaired) by the name mentioned above.

Scheduled for 45 minutes.

Might as well issue a statement then or, better, do an interview with the local press.
    agree. Why the need to tell a FF meeting but not the rest of us?

• Shhhhh secrets and pies, secrets and pies
  • Worryingly for me, is the fact that RD’s man is in attendance, the guy supposedly negotiating the takeover. Could it be that the takeover has finally hit the buffers and he is attending to deny it was RD’s fault as a first shot at saving RD’s face?
    I really want to be wrong, but I fear the worst. Another false dawn, another season of RD’s tenure and mismanagement! League 2 anyone?

• razil said:

As well as a minutes silence.
  • edited July 2018
    I’m hoping that Killer Jerry Lee will be available......I think I’m right in saying he’ll be there representing Bromley Addicks if he is.
    A very accomplished debater who has an unquestionably forceful way of letting you know if he’s being spun bullshit.
    If you are going to be there KJL (and any others of course), I hope you’ll ask some ‘awkward’ questions and convey our displeasure at the basket case scenario that has befallen us Addicks over the last 4 years!
  • Worryingly for me, is the fact that RD’s man is in attendance, the guy supposedly negotiating the takeover. Could it be that the takeover has finally hit the buffers and he is attending to deny it was RD’s fault as a first shot at saving RD’s face?
    I really want to be wrong, but I fear the worst. Another false dawn, another season of RD’s tenure and mismanagement! League 2 anyone?

I am along those lines too. If he is there to say the takeover is done then they would just surely announce it. I reckon it's the start of a damage limitation exercise of some sorts.