Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lievan de Turck

edited July 2018 in General Charlton
Mentioned elsewhere that he is chairing the Fans Forum meeting tomorrow. Found him on Facebook and one of his friends is Roland Duchatelet. No surprise there. Also found him as CFO at some company in Belgium dealing in Mergers & Aquisitions.
Putting two and two together but could he be an appointment by Roland to fill the vacant SMT role after David Joyes departure? If so that surely isn’t good news.

Comments

• He has a masters in economics from Leuven university (same one as RD and KM attended) from 2003. He is a CFO. I'd imagine he is one of the main reps for RD in the takeover talks. At least I hope so, rather than an impending new CEO.
  • He has a masters in economics from Leuven university (same one as RD and KM attended) from 2003. He is a CFO. I'd imagine he is one of the main reps for RD in the takeover talks. At least I hope so, rather than an impending new CEO.

Hope you are right Weegie but fronting for the Club at a Fans Forum meeting is more than a bit odd don’t you think?

Hope you are right Weegie but fronting for the Club at a Fans Forum meeting is more than a bit odd don’t you think?

Maybe he's the guy doing the negotiations for the sale of the club, and he will tell the Fans Forum everything tomorrow! Leading to another 200 pages of comments on the takeover thread while the England match is going on
  • Perhaps the first question should be who are you and what is your remit .
  • He's been coming back and forth from Belgium since Joyes left in January 2018 and is the acting Finance Director in reality although most likely not in name. He hasn't, as far as I can see, been made a director of the club.

He's kept a very low profile until now so I', slightly surprised that he's chairing a fans forum meeting where he'll have to talk to fans.

So a caretaker until the club is sold at the moment. In the meantime he keeps the club ticking over and oversees Duchatelet's cut in budgets and staff.

What happens to him next all depends on the takeover.
  • He's been coming back and forth from Belgium since Joyes left in January 2018 and is the acting Finance Director in reality although most likely not in name. He hasn't, as far as I can see, been made a director of the club.

He's kept a very low profile until now so I', slightly surprised that he's chairing a fans forum meeting where he'll have to talk to fans.

So a caretaker until the club is sold at the moment. In the meantime he keeps the club ticking over and oversees Duchatelet's cut in budgets and staff.

Or how angry the fans forum gets ;0)

• "Are you an Interim Caretaker CFO or a Permanent Caretaker CFO?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Halix said:

If he flew over he will be, "Lieven on a Jet Plane", but he don't know when he'll be back again.

You think Duchatelet would pay for a plane when there is Eurostar? : - )

Or how angry the fans forum gets ;0)

You've never seen @killerjerrylee angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry
  • The club is a Lieven hell at the moment
  • edited July 2018

He has a masters in economics from Leuven university

So it's Leuven de Cloob?

I'll fetch me coat.
  • Should the fans forum have any truck with him?
  • is it published somewhere that he is chairing the meeting? not that it really matters, just wondering
  • razil said:

is it published somewhere that he is chairing the meeting? not that it really matters, just wondering

was on the agenda sent round to all the fans forum reps
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

"Are you an Interim Caretaker CFO or a Permanent Caretaker CFO?"

Or just a brown nose
  • I believe that he spent part of his apprenticeship in the US at which point he was Lievan in America.
  • edited July 2018
    Macronate said:

I believe that he spent part of his apprenticeship in the US at which point he was Lievan in America.

I heard that too, he was very short of money and for a while was "Lievan in a box, Lievan in a cardboard box". When the Sun Goes Down he was "Lievan it up, Lievan it up, its a Crazy Notion" but after a while it got him down, he began to loose his marbles and eventually was "Lievan the Vida Loca".
  • If the fans take him as a hostage, it might speed up the takeover negotiations :smile:
  • edited July 2018
    My turks wish to make it clear that they are in no way associated with van turk
  • Just back from hols, and coming to this now.

FYI his main employer is Fremach. Either @Big In Brasov or @GlassHalfFull (apologies to whomever I got wrong) identified this company as one in which RD has a direct interest. Certainly you can see it is a similar field to Melexis. It is also a million miles from the business of football. I am sure he isa very competent CFO in industrial business. I am highly sceptical that he understands the impact on the football business of such a deal dragging on through a close season.
  • His words were he works for Staprix the company who own the football club. When pressed on football deadlines he seemed to feel they were running the club as normal but within the issues of a prolonged sale process. The issue of attracting players/retention was touched on, however we had the example of a new signing which made that rather a tricky argument.
  • razil said:

His words were he works for Staprix the company who own the football club. When pressed on football deadlines he seemed to feel they were running the club as normal but within the issues of a prolonged sale process. The issue of attracting players/retention was touched on, however we had the example of a new signing which made that rather a tricky argument.

How would he know?
  • razil said:

His words were he works for Staprix the company who own the football club. When pressed on football deadlines he seemed to feel they were running the club as normal but within the issues of a prolonged sale process. The issue of attracting players/retention was touched on, however we had the example of a new signing which made that rather a tricky argument.

How would he know?
    Was the guy signed on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday? If so, then Eddie Stobart would have been right across the acquisition.
  • So he is here, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and then it is Turck off