Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Belgian fans

I've thought all through the World Cup, that I've never seen such a bunch of emotionless and a bit weird looking bunch of fans.
Whether they won or lost there was litle emotion seen. Apologies to our Belgian posters. Does anyone agree/disagree.

Comments

• Yeah, I thought that in the last 10 minutes or so of this game. They didn't look to animated considering they were on the way out and some even looked like they were having a bit of a laugh tbh
  • ... just an observation, not a criticism
  • Talk about kicking someone while they're down...
  • They were just there for a {...} dance huh?
  • The players aswell.

Calm, no sweat. No emotion. Just accepting it.

Might end up dancing.
  • Also thought Martinez seemed quite unemotional / detached. If I was him, I truly wouldn't give a flying fuck about the 3rd place play off!
  • Dave2l said:

The players aswell.

Calm, no sweat. No emotion. Just accepting it.

Might end up dancing.

I thought exactly the same thing. Bizarre (or just Belgian?)
  • Having had many many visits to Belgium over the years, they do come across as pretty level headed. Don't think I've ever seen one get angry or emotional in public, even when drinking. Just part of their nature I s'pose. Mind you if they can't get mayonnaise with their chips, they can kick off big style.
  • Sponsored links:

• I accept that France are much better than Japan and perhaps stopped Belgium playing to some extent but there was a distinct lack of the resilience and flowing football that turned a 2-0 deficit into a 3-2 victory from what I saw of the match which was the last half hour or so.

I felt the occasion had got to some of the Belgian players whereas the French seemed to embrace it.
  • 2 mins left in a WC semi final and the two blokes in the front row in Belgium kit and scarfed were having a sensible conversation finished with a small chuckle.

Tomorrow night if we are losing with 2 mins left I’ll be 3 inches from the TV screen telling Pickford to sling his Mackem left peg and smash it 80 yards forward. Weirdos.

I think that's the ones I see
  • Thierry Henry must have had mixed emotions. Would he really be urging his side on over his country?

I know I wouldn't
  • edited July 2018
    It's a recently concocted country, well I suppose we all are really. There are 11 million of them living in a relatively tiny space, two main languages, societies, newspapers, media etc. There was a piece about how they speak English in the changing room as they are shit scared of the French speakers pissing off the Flemish speakers and vice-versa. They have to be pretty level headed and just get on which I suppose takes a bit of the passion out of them. And then, just to add to the mix, every time it kicks off in Europe bloody big foreign armies decide to use your turf for a massive arse kicking contest...

AND THEN... they plonk the biggest bureaucratic pile of mind sapping nonsense bang in the middle and thousands of civil servants from all over the continent turn up and talk quotas and shite!

It almost makes me feel sorry for Rolan... Nah!
  • Ypu never know, this might make RD sign along the dotted line in a fit of rage
  • I've thought all through the World Cup, that I've never seen such a bunch of emotionless and a bit weird looking bunch of fans.
    Whether they won or lost there was litle emotion seen. Apologies to our Belgian posters. Does anyone agree/disagree.

You say that but im like it with Charlton.
    When i get in the wife cant tell whether weve won or lost
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

I've thought all through the World Cup, that I've never seen such a bunch of emotionless and a bit weird looking bunch of fans.

That's because win or lose you're on the booze
  • clb74 said:

U are deluded

She knows... We usually lose !!
  • Karel Fraeye, Tin Tin, Roland Duchatelet, Rene Magritte, Katrien Meire, can you hear me? Can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating

You know Tin Tin doesn't really exist, don't you?

And it's a damn shame Fraeye, Roland and Katrien do exist.
  • I have the same emotion win lose or draw.
  • edited July 2018
    LenGlover said:

I accept that France are much better than Japan and perhaps stopped Belgium playing to some extent but there was a distinct lack of the resilience and flowing football that turned a 2-0 deficit into a 3-2 victory from what I saw of the match which was the last half hour or so.

I felt the occasion had got to some of the Belgian players whereas the French seemed to embrace it.

What really changed the Japan result was a fortunate looping headed goal. Belgium certainly played some excellent football though. I think Martinez is a good coach but not a great one and with the players they have, they ought to try and find one.
  • More importantly, I don't recall the TV cameraman lingering very much over "fit birds" in the crowd, from either France or Belgium. If England win tomorrow, there will be very slim pickings for the perv cam on Sunday!

Exactly, no emotions, no geezers, no fit birds, no nothing (sorry Skywalker).
  • clb74 said:

I have the same emotion win lose or draw.

Are you Belgian?
  • edited July 2018
    clb74 said:

When you get in the wife????????

I'd ask if there was something you'd like to share with the group, but have already, possibly more than we needed...

Apologies for lowering the tone.