Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England

All this shit that’s going on at our club is taking off my mind at the moment because of how well England are doing.

I’m so proud of being English right now!

Comments

• Let’s hope we don’t lose to Belgium in the final and RD stays on. Or, am I talking double Belgian as opposed to double Dutch?
  • It’s coming home...
  • What a shame people listened to all the doom merchants about how unsafe Russia is.we should have had double the support.I am a regular visitor to Russia,and believe me,these people are the most sociable and hospitable you will meet anywhere,I am delighted this world cup is such a success.
  • Obviously anyone witnessing what happened in marseille would be apprehensive about going to Russia.But ,thugs dont often smash up their own countries,and I am pretty sure that with all the bad publicicty that Russia gets,Mr.Putin would have taken steps to avoid any trouble.Must say if you get the chance to visit Russia on holiday,do go I have been going for a number of years to visit my sons in laws and family,and absolutely love the place.
  • saw what they were capable of in france and sort of put me off, plus i dont know how they will behave now they are out of the competition, imagine being a a russian and 15,000 english turn up in red sqaure what do you think will happen, hope all the boys over there are fine.
  • Obviously anyone witnessing what happened in marseille would be apprehensive about going to Russia.But ,thugs dont often smash up their own countries,and I am pretty sure that with all the bad publicicty that Russia gets,Mr.Putin would have taken steps to avoid any trouble.Must say if you get the chance to visit Russia on holiday,do go I have been going for a number of years to visit my sons in laws and family,and absolutely love the place.

If you don’t think putin has “friends” who have direct access to the hooligan gang leaders you’ve got another thing coming.

Russia under putin is a gangster state. Nobody would step out of line from the don
  • Putin could not afford for the eyes of the world to be focused on Russian hooligans. They were all rounded up months ago and are now breaking rocks in Siberia until the press have all gone home.
  • So FIFA and UEFA should have the balls to say to Putin: "It is now clear that you know exactly who the hooligans are, and how to control them. Next time they step out of line at a tournament in another country, Russia will be expelled from the tournament straight away, no questions asked".
  • The hooligans are all in training for the invasion of Ukraine. I'm assuming Trump will supply troops as well to support Putin.
  • Sponsored links:

• So FIFA and UEFA should have the balls to say to Putin: "It is now clear that you know exactly who the hooligans are, and how to control them. Next time they step out of line at a tournament in another country, Russia will be expelled from the tournament straight away, no questions asked".

Same can be said for us though cant it. Reports before the World Cup started stated the authorities had confiscated over 1,000 passports from known hooligans to stop them travelling.

Say that all again, slowly..

Fifa and uefa hadnt had the balls to stand up to russian bribes, they definitely wont stand up to putin.

Except I don't recall England ever being expelled when our "fans" were trashing countries for 30 odd years.
  • Even recently some of our so called fans made pratts of themselves in Holland,also some dickhead thought it hilarious to deface a statue near a Stadium.Putin has no doubt put the frightners on the thugs,but this will ensure the safety of those attending.
  • Fear this WC will be like Jet Li in 'Hero', we'll have cut our way through all opponents and then the final boss rocks up with 1000 archers and pins Jet Li to a massive wooden door.

We lose the final by a ridiculous margin... but take silver... so there's that...

Same can be said for us though cant it. Reports before the World Cup started stated the authorities had confiscated over 1,000 passports from known hooligans to stop them travelling.
    So QED then. Thanks for your agreement.
  • edited July 2018

So FIFA and UEFA should have the balls to say to Putin: "It is now clear that you know exactly who the hooligans are, and how to control them. Next time they step out of line at a tournament in another country, Russia will be expelled from the tournament straight away, no questions asked".

Say that all again, slowly..

Fifa and uefa hadnt had the balls to stand up to russian bribes, they definitely wont stand up to putin.
    Read that word again slowly.
  • edited July 2018

So FIFA and UEFA should have the balls to say to Putin: "It is now clear that you know exactly who the hooligans are, and how to control them. Next time they step out of line at a tournament in another country, Russia will be expelled from the tournament straight away, no questions asked".

Except I don't recall England ever being expelled when our "fans" were trashing countries for 30 odd years.
    I don't recall any UK government minister encouraging his/her country's thugs to cause trouble in a tournament on foreign soil, then keeping those same thugs under control 2 years later when it suited them?
  • No but they didn't do enough to stop the trouble makers.
  • No but they didn't do enough to stop the trouble makers.

They did what they could. Took away passports (see above) had known thugs sign in at Police stations. What else could they have done within the law CE? Putin's government encouraged the hooligans in France.
  • Sponsored links:

• I didn't listen to doom merchants. I watched from a couple of metres away as black-clad highly trained Russian thugs jumped from behind on flag-wrapped England fans in Marseille. Sadly it put me off heading to the World Cup on holiday this year, having been to all other European-held finals since 1990. I've come to really regret that decision and would have been on a plane right now if only I'd managed to get semi final tickets.

But I'm perfectly clear that I was not put off by media scaremongering but by a concerted 'You are not welcome and there is no guarantee of safety' from on high in Russia.

I saw the Russians myself out there I know this is the truth
  • Chin up Blackpool, still got 10 minutes, plus possibly another 30, and it's not like we're behind.