Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is the best Lager? Beer snobs use your own thread!

Comments

• Foster's - the amber nectar!
  • Used to like Newquay Steam Lager. Haven't seen it for years though. Do they still make it?
  • Just kidding!
  • There is no such thing as a bad Lager, there are only different Lagers. Ok, Tesco Value Lager etc... may not be good, but you get my point. Different people like different tastes. Some traits of a beer are bitterness, alcohol strength, flavour and disguise of the alcohol taste.

Regular fosters is a relatively mild flavor and medium bitterness. There are times when I chose a Fosters - although definitely not my favourite, it is quite refreshing.
  • Do they still sell Rolling Rock?
  • Amstel or Heineken are my lagers of choice. Though have to say I’m looking forward to blowing the head off a frosty Mythos in Zante in three weeks time.
  • edited July 2018
    Stig said:

Black lagers are very tasty. Xingu springs to mind, but others are available.

Guinness black lager is a good one.
  • Tiger, all day every day
  • I have only seen in Bella Italia, but draught Menabrea is very nice indeed.
  • Huskaris said:

Quite like Jupiler.

+1 for this. Never had it before Friday. First Amsterdam Bar I went in changed that. Well nice.

Heineken is right up there as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Huskaris said:

Quite like Jupiler.

Went to a Belgian pub in Auckland a couple of months ago. Had Stella on tap. As expected. Then the Jupiler. Wow! Delicious. Maybe not the best beer in the world, but would happily drink it all night. Scrumptious.
  • Quilmes is nice also . Argentinian I believe
  • Yes, I would put Jupiler above Stella on tap. It seems to be everywhere in Belgium. Would be good if they sent some over here.
  • I don't drink much lager anymore but I occasionally buy Aldi's Rheinbacher pilsner.
  • edited July 2018
    Red Stripe
    Heineken
    Amstel
    Estrella
    None of this IPA craft pretentious shite
  • Having one of these, as I write.
    Refsvindinge Ale No. 16. Decent Danish micro brew
  • Moretti has replaced peroni as my favourite lager this summer . Seems to be a lot more popular on draught . Have gone completely off bud .
  • Castlemaine 4 x or hofmeister.
  • Love an ice cold Bud and don’t care who turns their nose up at that.

Off tap, quite like Spitfire Lager and Asahi. Normally chose Fosters in most pubs
  • Sponsored links:

• Can you still get Castlemaine? - It used to be everywhere in the 80s.
  • Love Stella
  • Fosters, but only if it's flat and served with a side of 14 chips
  • Stella, Grolsch, ice cold San Miguel. Shout out for Jupiler, Peroni and Moretti. Holstein Pils. Any Czech lagers or any served in a Bavarian beer keller. I am more of a real ale/craft beer drinker. Like the odd day on Guinness. Nothing as refreshing on a scorching hot day than four pints of apple cider.
  • An icy Sol on a balmy summers eve is always a good option. Just don’t forget the lime.
  • Carlsberg export also
  • edited July 2018

Love an ice cold Bud and don’t care who turns their nose up at that.

Off tap, quite like Spitfire Lager and Asahi. Normally chose Fosters in most pubs

I recall ice cold Asahi in that steel can, where you pull the lid off and it becomes a a drinking glass thing. Beautiful design and it enhanced the flavour. Do they still do it?
  • Erdinger ot Tucher weisenbeer.
  • Love an ice cold Bud and don’t care who turns their nose up at that.

I recall ice cold Asahi in that steel can, where you pull the lid off and it becomes a a drinking glass thing. Beautiful design and it enhanced the flavour. Do they still do it?
    Wasn’t that Sapporo?
  • That's right it was Sapporo - can you still get that? - might buy a few for the game if you can.