Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is the best Lager? Beer snobs use your own thread!

In this hot, humid weather, is there anything better than an ice cold lager to hit the spot? I know it is deemed to be the drink of louts by beer snobs - tasteless and fizzy, created with cheap low quality ingredients. But there are some great Lagers out there. What is going to be your drink of choice as we knock Croatia out of the World Cup on Wednesday?

Comments

• Yes, I enjoyed that on our Belgian sorties and took quite a few back with me. Nice on draught too. At the moment, I am torn between Amstel and Estrella!
  • Pilsner Urquell then Budweiser Budvar not the US crap. But a special shout for gueuze from our friends in Belgium. Waitrose now stock Boon. Not lager and a sour taste but very refreshing in hot weather. Marriage Parfait particularly scrumcious. High ABV.
  • I do get your Budweiser Budvar, Much better than Bud, but you are dangerously like the Lager equivalent of a Beer Snob Harvey. Good on you!
  • Not the most popular choice but Heineken has grown on me in recent months.

Better Alcohol percentage then
    Fosters and same as Bud(I also dont mine a Bud)
  • Not the most popular choice but Heineken has grown on me in recent months.

Better Alcohol percentage then
    Fosters and same as Bud(I also dont mine a Bud)

The thing about Lager drinkers - we are not snobs - if you like Heineken - good luck to you. Drink what you enjoy!
  • Yes, I enjoyed that on our Belgian sorties and took quite a few back with me. Nice on draught too. At the moment, I am torn between Amstel and Estrella!

It's available in 6 litre kegs on the Phillips perfectdraft system which is how I found it. Beautiful.
  • Czech or German lagers for me in preference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Peroni
    Amstel
    Budweiser
    Superbock
    Estrella
  • Keep meaning to try Peroni but never got round to it
  • Ross said:

Peroni
    Amstel
    Budweiser
    Superbock
    Estrella

Fecking Budweiser !!!!!!!!!!

• Always bottles rather than cans or draught.

Staropramen, Red Stripe, Asahi, ideally served in an ice cold glass.
  • Black lagers are very tasty. Xingu springs to mind, but others are available.
  • Amstel is incredibly refreshing
  • Moretti
    Amstel
    Red Stripe
    Hurlimann
    Budweiser
  • edited July 2018
    When I played football - nothing beat a post match lime cordial/Fosters top for me to beat the thirst. Love the local Cuban lagers when I'm on holiday there. Bucaneer and Crystal!
  • Pilsner Urquell and many others in the breweries in Prague.
    Used to like Holstein export but now rare to see it on tap.
    Also am liking Birra Moretti.
  • Fosters
  • Sponsored links:

• Moretti is nice.
  • Tady lager......from the Samuel Smith's boozers.
  • Literally have one every couple of months, but there's one here called Meteor and on a hot day, sitting outside a bar in the shade, that takes a lot of beating
  • Estrella all day for me.

Like peroni, birra moretti, fosters also . Cannot stand carling
  • Literally have one every couple of months, but there's one here called Meteor and on a hot day, sitting outside a bar in the shade, that takes a lot of beating

That’s just tee”d up for DaveMehmet
  • Moretti, Peroni & Estrella.

Second this, Meteor is a lovely beer. Many a work lunch at Côte knocking these back.
  • If you must.
    https://store.westerhambrewery.co.uk/bottled-beer/bohemian-rhapsody-330bottle

Bohemian Rhapsody 330ml Bottle

At least it’s made in Kent.
  • I'm a beer snob, genuinely can't stomach most lagers, love a stout or bitter. However, I can be persuaded occasionally with a Brewdog.

Buds are easy to sink one after the other, especially with some dirty, fried food watching some NFL.

Stella, Peroni and Corona not too bad ice cold now and again.
  • Stig said:

Black lagers are very tasty. Xingu springs to mind, but others are available.

Agreed. Carling Black Label is the best of the lot.