Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Watt - Waste of a Talent

Comments

• we can bang on about fitness of tony watt but Charlton this season haven't exactly been renowned for there fitness sessions, we've ruined a few players this season.
  • I got the feeling towards the end of his time with us that he had lost whatever it was he had.
    A luxury player with little in return - why on earth would anybody want him back?

To come on for the last 5 mins & hold the ball up in the corner. I have it on very good authority that TWWW will be on the bench on Saturday as KR's new ploy to see out a game.
  • edited February 2018

You know what will happen...

He will go back to his Thames side flat...

Ask if he can come in to training at Sparrows Lane, "just to keep his fitness levels up"...

First day: he will turn up on time, and do a full training session...

The second day, he will turn up late, do half a session, then sit down exhausted by the side, get his breath back, and shout abuse at the others still training...

The third day, he will turn up for training half way through, pi55ed, throw a punch at an academy player, wobble off back to his car, drive off in a screech of tyres, and will never be seen at Sparrows Lane again...

The fourth day KR will sign him up.
  • dizzee said:

You know what will happen...

He will go back to his Thames side flat...

Ask if he can come in to training at Sparrows Lane, "just to keep his fitness levels up"...

First day: he will turn up on time, and do a full training session...

The second day, he will turn up late, do half a session, then sit down exhausted by the side, get his breath back, and shout abuse at the others still training...

The third day, he will turn up for training half way through, pi55ed, throw a punch at an academy player, wobble off back to his car, drive off in a screech of tyres, and will never be seen at Sparrows Lane again...

The fourth day KR will sign him up.
    Day 5 goes on a rampage with Bowyer?
  • Might of already been said couldn’t see it scrolling briefly but he’s training with Aberdeen.
  • Might of already been said couldn’t see it scrolling briefly but he’s training with Aberdeen.

i saw that, he reckons Derek McInnes wanted him when he left Celtic

i saw that, he reckons Derek McInnes wanted him when he left Celtic
    Watt's probably already been on the blower to that other former great striker of ours, the one and only Simon Church, to see if it's going to be the right move for him. From the perspective of the local pubs and clubs anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ahem......

The difference, Tone, is that Pogba is sometimes in form and even when he isn't he does actually do some work on and off the pitch.
  • TW would have to get fitter to play in my over 50 walking football team.

The only way forward for him is to become a ball juggler. Most of them are skilled with a ball but lack the decision making skills and awareness to play at any decent level.

If he uses a futball he could develop an act he could perform in a pub, thus bringing all his talents together.
  • Best of luck to him.
  • Very apt sponsors.

This is where his contract will be come December.
  • 1 year deal.......their choice or his ???
  • Not trying to joke about any problems Griffiths (?) may have........but if TW had a brain he'd be dangerous...
  • Not trying to joke about any problems Griffiths (?) may have........but if TW had a brain he'd be dangerous...
    But ok to joke about Watt's mental health problems?
  • Sponsored links:

• regarding jokes about mental health problems didnt as a fanbase used to sing miguel llera he aint got a clue for wearing a head gaurd
  • CAFCsayer said:

regarding jokes about mental health problems didnt as a fanbase used to sing miguel llera he aint got a clue for wearing a head gaurd

I dont think you quite grasp what "Mental health" is
    a person’s condition with regard to their psychological and emotional well-being.

i think a brain injury would effect that just a tad, even if its not related singing songs about an injury are surely just as bad as writing about tony watts mental state - the guy is an ex player i dont understand the fascination with him myself - move on
  • regarding jokes about mental health problems didnt as a fanbase used to sing miguel llera he aint got a clue for wearing a head gaurd

I thought this was sung because he was useless....
    It was because of his lack of concentration that was highlighted in the club calendar where all saw he had concentrate written on his hand.

He would go on to play at a the level above us for a few years, so wasn't particularly crap after all.

• CAFCsayer said:

regarding jokes about mental health problems didnt as a fanbase used to sing miguel llera he aint got a clue for wearing a head gaurd

I dont think you quite grasp what "Mental health" is
    a person’s condition with regard to their psychological and emotional well-being.

i think a brain injury would effect that just a tad, even if its not related singing songs about an injury are surely just as bad as writing about tony watts mental state - the guy is an ex player i dont understand the fascination with him myself - move on
    It was due to his lack of concentration, nothing to do with the head wear.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I thought this was sung because he was useless....
    It was because of his lack of concentration that was highlighted in the club calendar where all saw he had concentrate written on his hand.

He would go on to play at a the level above us for a few years, so wasn't particularly crap after all.

:smiley: I must have missed this!
  • You can just about see it in this snap:
  • It's also here: