Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bat in the Bathroom

had a shower this afternoon only to be dive bombed by a small bat when getting out. Shut doit, opened window hoping it would fly out. After ten minutes went back in, removed practically everything from bathroom, couldn’t find it anywhere so assumed it had gone. Went in bathroom at 11pm and there he was. Then in the middle of typing this he was suddenly in our bedroom ...... wind forward nearly two hours and chasing him round the house we found him and managed to get him out.

I was coming on here for help but not needed now......

Comments

• Have you tried creosote?
  • DRAddick said:

The less successful follow up to Rat in the kitchen.

Oh good, it wasn't just me whose brain went there.
  • Can you use it to play cricket?
  • Something similar happened to us on holiday a few years back but it may have been a massive moth / butterfly and fella from hotel came in with an umbrella (closed) and the flying creature landed on the tip of it fairly quickly and he took it outside and off it went .
  • Something similar happened to us on holiday a few years back but it may have been a massive moth / butterfly and fella from hotel came in with an umbrella (closed) and the flying creature landed on the tip of it fairly quickly and he took it outside and off it went .

Thanks for sharing that with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• We were sitting in the kitchen eating meatloaf the other day

Did he enjoy it?

• Haven’t played this for a while, been waiting 30 years for this thread.

https://youtu.be/oLoXFmJBvlk
  • Twice this year we’ve had a bird in flying round the house. You’d think it was a lion the sheer panic and devastation it seemed to cause. Provides some hilarious CCTV afterwards!
  • edited July 2018
    What you needed

• edited July 2018
    Good name for a band or a kid's TV show/game.
  • Don't laugh, okay you can if you like, but I think I can hear bats.

I don't know why but sometimes I just feel the need to look up in the sky - and inevitably there one is, flying about.

Obviously hearing bats is impossible, isn't it, I know that. Except I mentioned this to a friend the other day and she reckoned there's a small percentage of adults and many children can hear them, so.....maybe...
  • edited July 2018

We were sitting in the kitchen eating meatloaf the other day

Did he enjoy it?

Good question if you meant 'did I enjoy meatloaf'? I've had it three times, twice I enjoyed and once I didn't, but two out of three ain't bad.
  • We have bats in our garden, which we only notice at this time of year, when it's really warm evenings and you're sitting outside as it gets dark.
  • I can better that as I heard the wife singing this the other day......

"Mirror in the bathroom
    What can you see?
    Two old bats
    That's you and me"

I am comforted by the fact that my wife is never wrong.

• Sponsored links:

• I can better that as I heard the wife singing this the other day......

"Mirror in the bathroom
    What can you see?
    Two old bats
    That's you and me"

I am comforted by the fact that my wife is never wrong.

She sings it right in my bathroom.
    Strange.
  • Caught this one with my landing net.
    Bat.jpg 752.9K
  • had a shower this afternoon only to be dive bombed by a small bat when getting out. Shut doit, opened window hoping it would fly out. After ten minutes went back in, removed practically everything from bathroom, couldn’t find it anywhere so assumed it had gone. Went in bathroom at 11pm and there he was. Then in the middle of typing this he was suddenly in our bedroom ...... wind forward nearly two hours and chasing him round the house we found him and managed to get him out.

I love Charlton Life. We're trapped in a never-ending takeover that's slowly destroying the club, but you can still come on here if you want advice on bat bothering. Where else can you get that?
  • had a shower this afternoon only to be dive bombed by a small bat when getting out. Shut doit, opened window hoping it would fly out. After ten minutes went back in, removed practically everything from bathroom, couldn’t find it anywhere so assumed it had gone. Went in bathroom at 11pm and there he was. Then in the middle of typing this he was suddenly in our bedroom ...... wind forward nearly two hours and chasing him round the house we found him and managed to get him out.

I love Charlton Life. We're trapped in a never-ending takeover that's slowly destroying the club, but you can still come on here if you want advice on bat bothering. Where else can you get that?
    Roland's computer history files?
  • Tell her to hurry up because you need to brush your teeth.
  • Well that took my mind off of things... for 30 seconds!