Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Travel Options for Semi / Final

I know a few are thinking about it so maybe helpful sharing travel thoughts and ideas.

Just looked up Moscow flights, you can get Aeroflot fights Tues and overnight Tue / We’d for £690 one way, on Wed landing at 16.25 for £880.

Alternative would be doing a via. I looked up Warsaw, you can get a flight to Warsaw Tues for £163 and the Wed morning Warsaw to Moscow for £161.

Comments

• Mate of mine said tributes for the final start at £4k - I stopped listening at that point
  • British airways have put a few new flights on

Otherwise my route would be via Amsterdam, time wise it’s better for me as I’m 10 mins from Southend Airport and saves the hassle of getting to Heathrow

Need to get a ticket through Fifa rather than third party websites as saves all the visa hassles
  • I was going to mention visas. You can’t just fly into. Russia without a visa or ticket that acts as a visa, right?

Is there a same day visa service for Russia in London?
  • Siv ticket = visa = free Russian trains
  • BA sticking some additional flights on. Plenty of fairly cheap 2/3 stopover routes into Moscow if you've got the time to spend hours in some shitty little Eastern European Airport waiting for your connections.

Fan ID/Visa is easy, you just need an old ticket stub and re-submit.

Match tickets will be the nightmare - told I can get two top £281 tickets for £3.5k...……… each!
  • Glad for all those who took the plunge with the flights not knowing we were through
  • Now that Russia are not through will there be a lot of tickets for sale on the streets?
  • I’m hoping Russians and Germans resell
  • Direct Aeroflot flights out of Heathrow on Friday are £387
  • Moscow for the final is only a 30 hours drive from London, 4 or 5 people in a decent 7 seater and sharing the drive is well doable.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018

I would rather go via Australia than go Aeroflot mate

@Southendaddick tHeres a 07.30 Flybe flight On Friday to Vienna, change flight to Moscow arriving in Moscow 17.10 (total time from Southend 7.40hrs)

Total Cost for both flights = £192
  • Cheers

I’m gonna be on Fifa website all day today
  • MrOneLung said:

Now that Russia are not through will there be a lot of tickets for sale on the streets?

Aren't the Russian's being super strict on checking IDs at the turnstiles?

• To be clear that Flybe flight is from Southend
  • se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

Now that Russia are not through will there be a lot of tickets for sale on the streets?

I thought I saw all the normal fans wearing photo IDs round their necks a few time over this WC
  • se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

I thought I saw all the normal fans wearing photo IDs round their necks a few time over this WC
    That's the Fan Id. You need a fan Id and a ticket to get into the stadium - both are scanned at the turnstiles.
  • MrLargo said:

se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

That's the Fan Id. You need a fan Id and a ticket to get into the stadium - both are scanned at the turnstiles.
    Do you know if you can you use them with any ticket, or are they for specific tickets bought from official outlets?
  • Addickted said:

BA sticking some additional flights on. Plenty of fairly cheap 2/3 stopover routes into Moscow if you've got the time to spend hours in some shitty little Eastern European Airport waiting for your connections.

Fan ID/Visa is easy, you just need an old ticket stub and re-submit.

Match tickets will be the nightmare - told I can get two top £281 tickets for £3.5k...……… each!

Seven hour layover in Istanbul for me.
  • se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

The name on your fans ID doesn’t need to match the name on your ticket. The security is unreal at the match. Bloke wanted to check my phone, coins, portable charger, my old fella. They weren’t messing about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Moscow for the final is only a 30 hours drive from London, 4 or 5 people in a decent 7 seater and sharing the drive is well doable.

I'm interested in this. I checked on google maps and route from your place to Moscow goes past Lux ! Might be 2 of us interested from Lux
    And i did Russian at school - might help with the road signs !
  • MrLargo said:

se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

This - you need both. However it’s become apparent that the names on each do not need to match.
  • edited July 2018

I’m hoping Russians and Germans resell

I might have a chance of tickets because of the huge number of Belgians and French in Lux - and one of them is going out on Tuesday.
  • MrLargo said:

se9addick said:

MrOneLung said:

Do you know if you can you use them with any ticket, or are they for specific tickets bought from official outlets?
    As long as it's a valid ticket, doesn't matter who's name is on it or whether it matches the Fan id.
  • So how do you get a fan ID?
    If we get past Croatia in the week, I am going all out for two final tickets
  • Aplogies if already mentioned, but how do you get a Fan id?

• Hope it all works better than Russia/England 2007, which was a nightmare at times. For example, between arriving at the stadium's metro station and taking our seats our tickets were checked ELEVEN times!! The whole trip was a memorable experience, for sure, but not always in a good way. I wish all Addicks going next week for one or both (!!) games the very best of luck and a safe and successful trip.
  • FIFA ticket website is rubbish. Had tickets for semi in basket, but wouldn't go through.
    Website must have been too busy.
  • Same here @popicon. Said had 15 mins to complete then kicked me out while putting in details.
  • How to get a fan id (for people who haven't already obtained match tickets via the FIFA website):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/05/england-fans-rush-russia-finding-ticket-loophole/