Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miracle

Comments

• A former Thai Navy diver has died trying to deliver oxygen to the boys. Sadly this is far from over.

RIP
  • So sad - and what a hero.

It really emphasises the risks in getting them out safely - you can’t just train a a child to swim out of a 3 mile cave system with a tank on.

How far underground are they? Could they drill into the ground to create a new shaft?
  • So sad. RIP.
  • Chiang Rai is really close to me, it's a beautiful place and this is an awful, awful story.

Sadly, with the way the weather has been this year, I fear it's only going to get worse for them as the rainy season is going to last beyond late August / early September this year.

So sad - and what a hero.

It really emphasises the risks in getting them out safely - you can’t just train a a child to swim out of a 3 mile cave system with a tank on.

How far underground are they? Could they drill into the ground to create a new shaft?

800m / 1km, roughly.
  • Terrible news, not just for the diver and his family but also because it shows how severe this situation really is.
  • Apparently Elon Musk is speaking to the Thai authorities.

He has come up with an idea of inserting a massive inflatable tube through the submerged areas so those trapped can escape.
  • Apparently Elon Musk is speaking to the Thai authorities.

He has come up with an idea of inserting a massive inflatable tube through the submerged areas so those trapped can escape.

I love how his mind works

He does remind me of Valentine, the villain Samuel L Jackson played in Kingsmen
  • Carter said:

Apparently Elon Musk is speaking to the Thai authorities.

I love how his mind works

He does remind me of Valentine, the villain Samuel L Jackson played in Kingsmen
    I get where you're coming from. I always picture him stroking a white cat.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think that's far from the truth. I suspect a lot of governments are pretty nervous about him
  • Just had a notification from the Daily Mail app saying that the first two boys have been freed
  • Yup, had something similar from the Beeb
  • now 6 out. this is moving so quickly
  • Great news
  • Looking forward to seeing the whole team (and the divers who brought them out) presented to the world at the World Cup final next Sunday.
  • Looking forward to seeing the whole team (and the divers who brought them out) presented to the world at the World Cup final next Sunday.

yep, they're hopefully out in plenty of time to get medically cleared in time to take fifa up on their offer. would be amazing to see the lad in the england shirt come out as a mascot with the england team
  • Definitely a miracle.

Thoughts with the family and friends of the Thai diver who gave his life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant effort. Have they said anywhere how they are doing it?
  • DRAddick said:

Brilliant effort. Have they said anywhere how they are doing it?

2 scuba divers per kid, one in front, one behind. kids in respirators. following the rope that they put there before as no visibility in the muddy water. having to push gas tanks in front of them at times as the tunnels are too narrow to wear them. the main underwater bit is over a mile long
  • There is always more good in the world than bad. Fantastic news.
  • Along with England, I'll also be cheering on this football team in their bid for safety over the next few days.
  • Along with England, I'll also be cheering on this football team in their bid for safety over the next few days.

Me too
  • rina said:

DRAddick said:

2 scuba divers per kid, one in front, one behind. kids in respirators. following the rope that they put there before as no visibility in the muddy water. having to push gas tanks in front of them at times as the tunnels are too narrow to wear them. the main underwater bit is over a mile long
    God the kids must be shit scared having to do that. I wonder if they know someone has died, really hope not. Just hope everything goes to plan now.
  • They’re coming home.

Fingers crossed for all involved.
  • rina said:

DRAddick said:

Also read that at one point it's so narrow that you can only fit through one person at a time and they have to even take their air tanks off to get through. That's surely difficult enough for the diver, never mind a 13 year old kid who's not much of a swimmer.
  • edited July 2018
    Now eight boys rescued reported by CNN.