Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barry Davies or John Motson

for me its Motson for my wife its Davies.

Comments

• Options
    Both good in their own way.
  • Options
    In terms of their commentary or to sleep with?
  • Options
    Reckon Mottie would smash the shite out of Bazzer, although rumours in the industry reckon Baz has been taking self defence lessons...
  • Options
    clive said:
    I watched this today, he is so posh and i found a little up his own arse

• Options
    Davies - worked with his son, Mark, who is a decent chap too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davies
  • Options
    Davies. Always found Motty very dull and spoddy, totally absorbed by football with no wider knowledge or interest in anything outside it.
  • Options
    Davies - by a very large margin.
  • Options
    Davies. No contest. Hate Motty and that stupid half laugh.

Overheard him once talking at length about someone having a great game. Turned out he was talking about himself.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Davies. Always found Motty very dull and spoddy, totally absorbed by football with no wider knowledge or interest in anything outside it.

Surely that the ideal football commentator then, someone who has no other interests other than football.

Anyway for me its Motty by a country mile
  • Options
    Motion is a novelty commentator for me on a par with likes of john mcricrick , Ian Dark puts them both to shame though to be fair
  • Options
    Motson always struck me as a bit of an annoying football nerd, he only ever did football. Davies commentated on practically every sport going and still sounded like an expert in every one of them, even the Stare Out Championship Finals!

Davies for me.

• Options
    Couldn't stand Davies, always got the impression that he didn't really like football.
  • Options
    Davies, if only for his work on Big Train
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davies
  • Options

Couldn't stand Davies, always got the impression that he didn't really like football.

Is he a charlton fan?
  • Options
    John Motson for me, never a Davies fan, but preferred Brian Moore to the pair of them
  • Options
    Davies. And it's not even close.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

Surely that the ideal football commentator then, someone who has no other interests other than football.

Anyway for me its Motty by a country mile
    Motty always said things about events in games that I could see were clearly wrong, in real time.
    And his apparent focus on football to the exclusion of all else just made him dull, dull, dull.
  • Options
    Davies.

And anyone who says Motson knows nuffin about anyfin.
  • Options
    Motion

SE London boy and came to a Bromley Addicks meeting.
  • Options
    Davies
  • Options

Barry Davies has aged badly in recent years. And if you don’t believe me, look at his face. Just look at his face

haha, that made me proper laugh. Thats your one for the year!
  • Options
    Davies by a mile. Motty's style irritated the life out of me, especially over the last decade