Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• MMM, that owl looks tasty. I wonder what they taste like? Is there a culture that eats them?
  • I'm having pasta and meatballs (mixture of beef and pork) in a tomato sauce for my dinner tonight.
  • DRAddick said:

MMM, that owl looks tasty. I wonder what they taste like? Is there a culture that eats them?

Yeah, carnivores.
  • Pork chops for us tonight, stuffed with something but I wont know until the missus gets in.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    If God didn't mean for us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them taste so nice- Homer Simpson.
  • rananegra said:

Greenie said:

It doesn't occur to Vegans that if overnight we all became Vegans then within 6 months we would all be dead, because there isn't enough space on earth to grow enough crops to feed us all. Plus all the animals would be dead anyway ....think it through yer pasty faced, no energy, pain in the arse, hard to feed tree huggers.

Not a vegan nor will I ever be, but this isn't true. A large proportion of crops grown are for animal feed. Feed it to humans instead and there's less need for land.
    Yes it is true.
  • In what context am I meant to take “rise”?
  • Part of my company design Refrigeration plants for slaughter houses, we have just taken on a Vegan, could be interesting, it was pointed out to him, and he still accepted the job. Funny enough what we didn’t think through through was his request for a Vegan car, we didn’t even realise there was such a thing, we came to a agreement he would use his own car and charge mileage until we could sort something.

The thing I can’t understand is how can a vegan being involved in the design of slaughter houses especially when we do go live side whilst slaughtering take place. Just can’t work that out.
  • The vegan/vegetarian thread pops up like the seasons.
    A regular visitor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

It doesn't occur to Vegans that if overnight we all became Vegans then within 6 months we would all be dead, because there isn't enough space on earth to grow enough crops to feed us all. Plus all the animals would be dead anyway ....think it through yer pasty faced, no energy, pain in the arse, hard to feed tree huggers.

Yes, but - peace man!
  • Will happily switch to vat grown meat once it's perfected/cost effective, until then, sorry, too much of my diet is meat/fish/egg based to consider vegetarianism/veganism as an option.
  • Veggies i completely I get but vegan I find a bit of a fad that will die out once the cool celebrities do it.

Reckon I could give up all meet aside from chicken.
  • Veggies i completely I get but vegan I find a bit of a fad that will die out once the cool celebrities do it.

I like people and would miss the meets.
  • bobmunro said:

Veggies i completely I get but vegan I find a bit of a fad that will die out once the cool celebrities do it.

I like people and would miss the meets.
    That is a classic, I’ll leave it upedited
  • I watched a bit of that video and I wouldn't mind being hung up and run past that plucking machine like the chickens, it would save me a fortune in Veet with my hairy back.
  • Macronate said:

Part of my company design Refrigeration plants for slaughter houses, we have just taken on a Vegan, could be interesting, it was pointed out to him, and he still accepted the job. Funny enough what we didn’t think through through was his request for a Vegan car, we didn’t even realise there was such a thing, we came to a agreement he would use his own car and charge mileage until we could sort something.

The thing I can’t understand is how can a vegan being involved in the design of slaughter houses especially when we do go live side whilst slaughtering take place. Just can’t work that out.

Your company not heard of the Vauxhall Cucumber.
    Or the Tofu Rolls Royce