Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Parker

Talksport reporting that Scotty has been appointed first team coach at Fulham.

Comments

• I think he’ll turn out to be a very good coach/manager. Good luck to him, but I won’t be applauding the fella if he tips up at The Valley anytime soon.
  • Did very well at Spurs' youth team. Good luck to him.
  • Spotty Herbert!
  • cunt

Bit harsh on johnysummers
    Yes Brendan
  • Good luck Scottie P
  • Sponsored links:

• cunt

Bit harsh on johnysummers
    Yes Brendan
    Sorry bro!
  • Probably for more money - he has previous !
  • Ohh I see we are doing this one again are We?

Let's see how about "did he throw his toys out the pram and refuse to work to get his big move?"
  • Decent job that - club on the up, playing good football.
  • Let us all down
  • Will make a great coach. Wish him all the best.

Oh.......really!
  • He could have managed his exit from CAFC in a better fashion, he was always going to leave but should have been more considered in his decision making. Left us with big shoes to fill which some fans still find hard to forgive even after all these years.
    That said good luck Scott!
    You were one of the best youth products from the club and you gave us a lot to cheer about whilst playing for the Addicks.
  • Ohh I see we are doing this one again are We?

Let's see how about "did he throw his toys out the pram and refuse to work to get his big move?"

Yes we are, yes he did and he's still a cunt
  • FFS! Move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• All the best Scott, can’t wait too see you on Roland’s payroll one day...
  • Never forgive him. We had a great chance of having European football at the Valley if he had stayed till the end of the season. People need to remember that.
  • Never forgive him. We had a great chance of having European football at the Valley if he had stayed till the end of the season. People need to remember that.

This is really pathetic. Every player we had would have jumped at that salary increase and sign on fee.

I really don't get how so many people hold him solely responsible for us not getting into Europe. It is an unfortunate fact that, under Curbishley, our form consistently dipped in the PL in the latter part of the season. These are the results for our games from around the time that Parker left from i.e. from February onwards:

2001 - W4 D4 L6
    2002 - W2 D6 L6
    2003 - W4 D1 L8
    2004 - W4 D4 L8 (year Parker left)
    2005 - W1 D6 L8
    2006 - W5 D6 L8

Based on those results there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that we would have got into Europe had Parker stayed with us. He probably made a mistake in going to Chelsea as it didn't actually help his career, as opposed to someone like Newcastle for example, but he also got injured - which he might have done had he stayed with us. it's all too hypothetical to predict. We also got top dollar for Parker and more than had he stayed with us for the rest of that season and then been sold because Chelsea would probably not have bid and they were the club with the money at that time.

What isn't hypothetical is that he always gave 100% on the pitch whoever he played for. And I'd take a Scott Parker for four or five seasons for almost all the journeymen we have had since. But it's probably still his fault that we haven't been able to afford the likes of Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo because, had he stayed, we probably would have been up with Man Utd, Barcelona and PSG now in terms of success and purchasing power!

Oh.......really!
    Yes

We didn't have to sell him. We could have said "no, wait until the Summer", but we chose a different path and the decline started there.

Badly managed. All Curbishley had to say was "Stay until the end of the season and leave a hero, having got us into Europe for the first time and cement yourself into the England squad", which was guaranteed on both counts.

A huge mistake by Parker, Curbishley and Murray and Charlton will pay for it ever more.
  • We would definitely have made it into Europe that season if he stayed. I have never seen a Charlton team play so well with him at the heart of it. Missed out on Europe by 3 points.Even Champions League was possible. I no longer hold a grudge over Parker but I will forever think 'what if'...
  • And this is what Curbishley said:

Curbishley still has painful memories of Parker's departure from Charlton, but said it was the timing that infuriated him the most.

"I was disappointed, we were fourth in the League and probably had the best team Charlton have had," he said. "It was bad timing for everybody, but I sent Scott a letter straight after the transfer expressing how much I appreciated what he did for me and the club."

And that is how I would like to remember him. For what he did for the Club rather than what he might have done for the Club.

Curbs is pure class... More forgiving of Parker than he was of Euell though!
  • edited February 2019
    Rumour: Ranieri to be sacked and Parker to take charge for the rest of the season. First Charlton academy player to manage in the Premier League?

Edit: I know Billy Bonds managed West Ham in the top flight. Anyone else?