Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Kit 18/19 season

Comments

• What I don't get is if there's to be a new kit then why hasn't the old duffer rushed it out to make a few quid before selling up?
  • buckshee said:

What I don't get is if there's to be a new kit then why hasn't the old duffer rushed it out to make a few quid before selling up?

Doesn't run the club shop, outsourced to a company linked to Hummel
  • Photoshoot on the 10th, reveal on the 19th, teasers posted between the 2 dates.

Charlton to wear last season kit vs Welling and new kit vs Crawley/Brighton
  • edited July 2018
    I am sure sales of club shirts would be greater if,

A. We sell them earlier in the summer so people can wear on holiday etc.

B. If you can buy the shirt elsewhere other than the club shop.
  • edited July 2018
    buckshee said:

What I don't get is if there's to be a new kit then why hasn't the old duffer rushed it out to make a few quid before selling up?

Clubs make no money on kit sales. That is why they are paid a fee. The money would go to the kit maker.
  • buckshee said:

Clubs make no money on kit sales. That is why they are paid a fee. The money would go to the kit maker.
    Not true
  • I am sure sales of club shirts would be greater if,

This is said every year.

1) half the teams in the Premier League haven’t even released their shirts yet. We’re not the only team who releases them ‘late’
    2) Never going to happen unless we get to the Premier League
  • Our new 2018/19 home strip is set to be revealed at a supporter event on Thursday, July 19th. Details on how fans can attend the event will be published in due course. … #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    Ross said:

This is said every year.

1) half the teams in the Premier League haven’t even released their shirts yet. We’re not the only team who releases them ‘late’
    Granted, but apart from a short time with Allsports and of course the club shop in Bexleyheath, we have limited sales to the club shop.

Why the local Sports Direct and competitors cannot/do no stock ours is a shame.
  • Ross said:

This is said every year.

Granted, but apart from a short time with Allsports and of course the club shop in Bexleyheath, we have limited sales to the club shop.

I’m sure there was an issue with Sports Direct and Macron, with Macron selling our shirts in there which led to the deal being cut short early.
  • Ross said:

Ross said:

This is said every year.

I’m sure there was an issue with Sports Direct and Macron, with Macron selling our shirts in there which led to the deal being cut short early.
    Probably upset we sold out so quickly.
  • It's about time our new kit was launched, the first pre season match is less than 2 weeks away!

They are going to play skins with the numbers painted on - feel sorry for whoever is wearing number 4...
    Peter Garland is coming back from retirement, squad number 7845203
    At least there will be room on his shirt for all those numbers
  • Swisdom said:

It's about time our new kit was launched, the first pre season match is less than 2 weeks away!

Because we have history of doing this well in advance of the first friendly don't we

Chances are we will be printing names and numbers in the Welling club shop 10 mins before kickoff

More likely CAFC will be borrowing Welling's left over away kit from last season and taking it over to the launderette after the match, if they can scrape together enough change for the driers.
  • All talk of replica kit purchases or any club related purchases at all is just so much hot air until the cancerous old turd has loosed his fingers from everything to do with CAFC. Trading with any arm of his toxic pantomime is essentially treason, perpetuating his determined erosion of our once great club.
  • All talk of replica kit purchases or any club related purchases at all is just so much hot air until the cancerous old turd has loosed his fingers from everything to do with CAFC. Trading with any arm of his toxic pantomime is essentially treason, perpetuating his determined erosion of our once great club.

I will be buying my son the new kit with his name on it just as I did last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Photoshoot on the 10th, reveal on the 19th, teasers posted between the 2 dates.

Charlton to wear last season kit vs Welling and new kit vs Crawley/Brighton

I hope we keep last season's away kit as a third kit. Still think it's a really nice shirt.
  • Valley11 said:

Hummel are so good. Rangers kits look cool and they’ve done bespoke for Fleetwood. Hope we keep them for a while.

It's a disgrace that Nike palm off their clubs and countries with template kits, the number they must sell
  • I would take Hummel over Nike every time. I always liekd our Joma kits - especially the yellow one and the red one in the terrific season we had Di Canio - the Ecru Le Coq was nice too! Best kit was the purple and green Quaser third kit - I still have mine :)

I love that final set of Quasar kits.
    Finally got my hands on the red one last year (in my size and good condition) and have a (i think) match worn one of the white one in long sleeves. (worn by Rufus i think as it has the number 5 on the back)
    The original green one has always alluded me

• The Denmark away kit at the WC would do for me for ours.
  • I believe away kit is now the white kit, home remains red with design changes we'll see a new third kit...

(I definitely didn't just make this up, much)
  • Dazzler21 said:

I believe away kit is now the white kit, home remains red with design changes we'll see a new third kit...

(I definitely didn't just make this up, much)

You'll be telling us we are being taken over next Daz!
  • Hosted some filming in the museum for the new away kit.

Lovely design imho

Gatecrashed the photo shoot for the home kit and third kit in crossbars too.

And no, they didn't let me take photos.
  • I would take Hummel over Nike every time. I always liekd our Joma kits - especially the yellow one and the red one in the terrific season we had Di Canio - the Ecru Le Coq was nice too! Best kit was the purple and green Quaser third kit - I still have mine :)

The joma kits were nice to look at but the material was fucking awful.