Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham sign former Charlton forward Brandon Hanlan

Comments

• Good luck to him, did well at Bromley by all acounts but i'm slightly surprised a league 1 club has signed him
  • I thought this had already happened
  • I thought this had already happened

So did I, but showing him signing today, presuming waiting for the end of June
  • Guaranteed to score the winner against us .
  • ross1 said:

I thought this had already happened

He was just keeping his options open to see if Real Madrid made a late offer.
  • I championed Brandon last year but he didn't cut it in League 2 with Colchester and although a threat with his pace was no-where near as good as his first loan with Bromley. 33 appearances and 5 goals in League 2 and the National League tells it's own story.

Wish him luck though. If he keeps his work ethic up and gets a chance I'd be happy to eat humble pie.
  • Steve Lovell knows a striker when he sees one.

Physically imposing, quick and young too.

Another anytime scorer bet sorted for next season...
  • LenGlover said:

Steve Lovell knows a striker when he sees one.

Physically imposing, quick and young too.

Another anytime scorer bet sorted for next season...

He worked with Hanlan as a kid @ Charlton though so that'll help
  • Might not even play for them. Gillingham have signed a few youngsters we've released in recent years and they don't always get a chance in their first team.
  • We may end up regretting letting both Hanlan and Lennon go.
    Especially without signing obvious improvements.
    They are young guys.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

We may end up regretting letting both Hanlan and Lennon go.
    Especially without signing obvious improvements.
    They are young guys.

Lennon when fit and given a run of games is definitely good enough for league one.
  • ross1 said:

I thought this had already happened

He was just keeping his options open to see if Real Madrid made a late offer.
    Must have the same agent as Reeves :wink: .
  • Gillingham have re-signed former captain Barry Fuller after his release by AFC Wimbledon, while forward Brandon Hanlan has joined from Charlton.

Right-back Fuller, 33, played 137 times for the Gills in his first spell between 2008-12, helping them win the League Two play-off final in 2009.

He has made 457 league appearances and has agreed a one-year contract.

• Surprised he's got a L1 gig. Didn't look that impressive when I saw him play for Bromley. He does fall to the floor like Neymar though.
  • drewman said:

Surprised he's got a L1 gig. Didn't look that impressive when I saw him play for Bromley. He does fall to the floor like Neymar though.

Falling to the floor is just the beginning of the action for Neymar.
  • Good luck to the lad.

He will enjoy the pre-season squirrel and hedgehog barbeque...