Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Can’t see any smoke at 14:15 from my vantage point at the top of Shooters Hill
  • Yes we do, John
  • edited July 2018
    From what I've heard of the Grenfell tower enquiry so far, I really think the system is trying to push the blame for it at the fire brigades door which is bang out of order.
    The real reason would probably leave too many people in council and government with blood on their hands.
  • Semi-related. A crane in Greenwich caught fire yesterday. Also a serious fire in Bolton.
  • edited July 2018
    Which is why John as Ex LFB is probably saying that. While the brigade were dealing that, the people responsible were sleeping in their beds.
  • From what I've heard of the Grenfell tower enquiry so far, I really think the system is trying to push the blame for it at the fire brigades door which is bang out of order.
    The real reason would probably leave too many people in council and government with blood on their hands.

The two key words in your post are "so far". The Grenfell Tower Enquiry is going to be absolutely thorough. That means a painstaking trawl through every aspect of the fire, including the fire service's reaction to it, the elements of construction an refurbishment that brought about and exacerbated the fire and the appropriate reactions.

So far, there has been two weeks' worth of evidence from affected families and then the enquiry has moved onto a forensic investigation of the actions of the fire service. Everything else will be investigated thoroughly. That's the only way a proper enquiry can work and can be trusted.
  • Chizz said:

From what I've heard of the Grenfell tower enquiry so far, I really think the system is trying to push the blame for it at the fire brigades door which is bang out of order.

The two key words in your post are "so far". The Grenfell Tower Enquiry is going to be absolutely thorough. That means a painstaking trawl through every aspect of the fire, including the fire service's reaction to it, the elements of construction an refurbishment that brought about and exacerbated the fire and the appropriate reactions.

So far, there has been two weeks' worth of evidence from affected families and then the enquiry has moved onto a forensic investigation of the actions of the fire service. Everything else will be investigated thoroughly. That's the only way a proper enquiry can work and can be trusted.
    If you truly believe that then, then would you like to buy my unicorn ? This has had enormous cover up written all over it since the start.
  • That crane (that is probably listed) is no doubt in the way of a development which is going to allow for affordable housing.
  • Chizz said:

If you truly believe that then, then would you like to buy my unicorn ? This has had enormous cover up written all over it since the start.
    Yay - I bet they don't even mention the grassy knoll.