Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Canada Day! Who has been to this great country? Roll call for those living here!

My kids sing the Canadian National Anthem every morning at school at the start of the day - sometimes in English, sometimes in French

O Canada! Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all of us command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise, The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free! O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Comments

• Yep, been a few times. Love Canada and Canadians
  • Best place I have ever visited.
  • Great place. I have cousins and aunts/uncles on both sides of my family living there and they love it. My wife, who is American, has an irrational dislike of the place though. For me it is like a much more efficient and safe version of the US and the nature there is stunning as well. Happy Canada day!
  • Love the country, done Toronto and Niagara but without a doubt, Quebec is the best trip I've done, beautiful place
  • Happy Canada day from Vancouver island. Been in this beautiful country for ten years now. Marrying a Canadian chick in November, think I'm here for good.
  • Happy Canada day from Vancouver island. Been in this beautiful country for ten years now. Marrying a Canadian chick in November, think I'm here for good.

Whereabouts on the Island ? I have family there.

• Had 2 wonderful holidays there, from Ottawa, Niagara & Toronto in the east to Moosonee near Hudson's bay in the north, via the mining history round Sudbury, dinosaurs in the Badlands of Drumheller, and west to the Rockies. A country of outstanding scenery, wildlife and history.

Also one of the friendliest places I have visited - I wish all Canadians a Happy Canada Day!

Whereabouts on the Island ? I have family there.

Moved to Nanaimo earlier this year from Victoria.
  • Flew into Nainamo but my family are in Ladysmith.
  • Working for a Canadian bank so celebrated Canada day on Friday at work with pots of Strawberry’s covered in white chocolate. Not sure if that is a Canadian thing but they went down very nicely!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ladysmith is nice. Nanaimo itself isn't great, but love being so close to everything else. Can had to Tofino for the day, ski at Mount Washington, whistler (where I lived for 9 years) is only three hours away. Really like island life.

Any lifers find themselves out this way, I run a hotel so can give a charlton life discount.
  • Only been to Ontario (a couple of times.) The New Year spent in Niagara is the highlight of any trip I have made anywhere. Fantastic country... Happy Canada Day to all you!
  • Lived in Toronto for six months.
  • Family in Calgary and shall be passing through Toronto in August.
  • edited July 2018
    Visited twice. Fantastic whale watching in the St Lawrence Seaway. The Canadian side of Niagara Falls is incredibly tacky.
  • Visited twice. Fantastic whale watching in the St Lawrence Seaway. The Canadian side of Niagara Falls is incredibly tacky.

That’ll be the sap from the pine trees.

• I went to Toronto and Niagara this year. Canadians are up there with the most welcoming people I've met, I'll definitely go back.
  • edited July 2018
    I can’t wait to return to the Canadian Rockies and another drink with Oakster on Paddys day would be good.
  • Toronto (and Niagra.) One of the few places I've been to where I could definitely live.
  • Toronto (and Niagra.) One of the few places I've been to where I could definitely live.

Gets awful cold, I mean awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Son and nephew live and work in Toronto.
  • Happy Canada day.

Never been, always wanted to. Doubt I’ll ever be able to.
  • edited July 2018
  • Loved my visits to Canada. Did Vancouver, Victoria and the Rockies on the first trip, then up the Eastern seaboard and down the St Lawrence to Quebec and Montreal on the second. Everything in between (nearly) is lakes and prairies. :wink:
  • edited July 2018
    Just got back from Canada last week - went to a cousins wedding in a place called Kannanaskis between Banff and Calgary. We flew into Vancouver and spent a couple of nights there, then drove to Jasper and down to Banff then onto the wedding. One of the best holidays I've ever had and everyone was really friendly once you clarified you weren't American. Will definitely go back - just East of Jasper there are signs for the "scenic route to Alaska" - that one is going on my bucket list!
  • brother and sister live in Toronto - been a few times - not that impressed tbh. Niagara falls town is a dump, but havnt ventured far out of Toronto tbh.
  • Another poster sharing the love for Canada. Done Toronto, Niagara and up to Ottawa and popped over into Quebec and Vancouver, Whistler and Vancouver Island (including Nanaimo).

Looked into moving there many years with a former partner but to get the points required we would have had to get married. I didn't like it that much...
  • Did a trip a few years ago, Toronto (visiting Niagara as well), Montreal and Quebec City

I would like to see more of the country than the cities, I've loved visiting the National Parks in the US
  • Beardface said:

Just got back from Canada last week - went to a cousins wedding in a place called Kannanaskis between Banff and Calgary. We flew into Vancouver and spent a couple of nights there, then drove to Jasper and down to Banff then onto the wedding. One of the best holidays I've ever had and everyone was really friendly once you clarified you weren't American. Will definitely go back - just East of Jasper there are signs for the "scenic route to Alaska" - that one is going on my bucket list!

In that case you were a few miles from me, I live in Canmore - on the edge of Kannanaskis Country (home to more than just a few Grizzlies) & on the way from Banff to Calgary. Glad you got to K Country - often overlooked (thankfully) but as stunning as anywhere in the Rockies

• Was there this time last year. Did Banff, Jasper, Whistler & Vancouver and loved every second. Will absolutely be back.