Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Firmin RIP

Genius co-creator of Noggin the Nog and much more with Oliver Postgate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44674652

Comments

• Something we can agree on. RIP
  • Loved the Soupdragon...RIP
  • Blimey, that takes me back. RIP
  • RIP still enjoy watching the Clangers
  • Thank you Mr Firmin, your creations still make me smile
    R.I.P.
  • RIP. Classic children's programing
  • Sponsored links:

• Pogles Wood was my favourite program as a 4 year old.
  • RIP
  • Loved Noggin the Nog, RIP
  • A true all-time great. Of course, being a Charlton fan, Ivor The Engine was my favourite.
    RIP
    Such a shame that he was just six months short of making @Riviera's thread. Can he get honorary membership?
  • A childhood hero, along with Mr Postgate of course. Thanks for the wonderful memories Mr F. RIP
  • cafcfan said:

A true all-time great. Of course, being a Charlton fan, Ivor The Engine was my favourite.
    RIP
    Such a shame that he was just six months short of making @Riviera's thread. Can he get honorary membership?

I'd 'spotted' him as a potential addition to @Riviera 's thread later in the year just a week or two ago.

Sadly not to be.

RIP Peter Firmin
  • Sad to hear this. Bagpuss, The Clangers, Ivor the Engine were all a big part of my childhood (which appears to be still ongoing as I watch the new Clangers too!)

Children's TV needs more people like Firmin and Postgate.
  • A veritable genius and thoroughly decent human being, with a legacy rivalled by very few.
    Credit must be given to the BBC commissioning bods at the time who allowed Postgate & Firmin so much freedom and trusted them to come up with work of such quality; without which little if any Smallfilms material may have seen the light of day.