Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Motorhome Hire

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations of places to hire one? Only needs to sleep two, but would like to have a shower? thanks

Comments

• Whereabout? Here or abroad? Only got experience of 7 days in a RV in California.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Whereabout? Here or abroad? Only got experience of 7 days in a RV in California.

UK, driving to see family in Scotland. Normally stay with them, but fancy something a bit different this time.
  • Miiilllllll...
  • These guys do some fun campers and have a good reputation.

https://www.quirkycampers.co.uk
  • TELTEL
    edited June 2018
    JC Leisure at Rye. They have some lovely hire vans. I store my Motorhome there and they often run me back to the station in one of their hire fleet. They only keep their vans for 8 months then sell them on. Guy called Ricky runs the hire side.
  • Love my motorhome.
    Currently in Sweden on my way back from within the Arctic circle.
    Spent last summer in Spain and Portugal the Summer before in Croatia.
    Just drift arround Europe.
    The best purchase I've ever made.
  • PopIcon said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Whereabout? Here or abroad? Only got experience of 7 days in a RV in California.

UK, driving to see family in Scotland. Normally stay with them, but fancy something a bit different this time.
    Would love to do the UK & Europe by Motorhome/RV. Took my head a while to get around dumping the waste tanks but stopped gagging the second time I'd done it!
  • What are they like on fuel ?
  • I’ve always fancied buying a camper (VW Type 2 Bay window would be nice) but my wife wouldn’t entertain going away in one.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve always fancied buying a camper (VW Type 2 Bay window would be nice) but my wife wouldn’t entertain going away in one.

Leave the wife at home.

My motorhome does arround 29 miles to the gallon. I've a solar panel to top up my batteries.
    Abandoned the U.K. for touring now drift arround Europe. Motorhoming has overtaken camping and caravanning so over 11000 motorhome stopovers places provided as well as campsites. Here in Scandinavia you can wild camp as long as you are at least 150 metres from a house.

Much better than just pushing them.

My advice? Always use fuel.
  • We've met a surprising amount of 'full timers'
    People who rent their houses out and use the income to drift arround Europe.

Mine averages a steady 25 mpg. It’s a 2.7litre 160bhp automatic. Amazing machine so comfortable.