Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Plumber

Couldn't see it anywhere but do we have a resident plummer in the Bexley area on CL?

My supposed power shower no longer has any power. I would prefer not to pay an exorbitant call out charge for a diagnosis. Definitely need it fixed though.

Perhaps someone could pm me, or recommend someone. Cheers.

Comments

• To be honest BB if you have "no power" going to it sounds like you need an electrician not a plumber.

Most plumbers I know will not touch electrics.
  • Most plumbers I know will not touch electrics.

Not with wet hands at least...

• To be honest BB if you have "no power" going to it sounds like you need an electrician not a plumber.

Most plumbers I know will not touch electrics.

Thanks. Water still comes out but the pressure is low.
  • Is the red light on, you should have a pull cord on the ceiling which should have a light on it as well as the obvious power light on the unit itself.
  • I use this company all the time now... much better than any other "mates" i have used. They turn up when they say they are going to and tell you exactly what the cost is going to be. They've done about 4 jobs now and happy with them. Might be a bit more but its like a breath of fresh air when they say they are going to come and actually be there on time during the day and not 10 oclock at night.

https://www.plumb4you.co.uk/
  • Is this some sort of all-in unit or is there a separate pump elsewhere, like in the airing cupboard?

Whatever the pumps do go, especially if not used regularly. As long as there are in-line stopcocks changing a separate pump is dead easy as long as the flexible pipes are long enough. Just swap out one for the new jobbie.
  • It's an all in unit and the hot water comes from the loft.
  • It's an all in unit and the hot water comes from the loft.

If the hot watch is coming from the loft, I would think you have an inline pump somewhere and I would suggest that that is problem.