Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Solidgone said:

Huh...people with money...huh

I would've had this in the bag be now if I had the dough and I was the buyer, no question huh
  • Options
    Cos things like charges on the Club and loans to be settled are sorted on the supposed day of completion (take #5) and not while agreeing prices, doing Due Diligence etc. earlier on in the process.

This is NOTHING like buying a house
  • Options
    #TeamWIOTOS
  • Options
    yawn
  • Options
    Impasse.

Think RD will now sell assets and cut as many costs as possible to try to achieve that £7 million.

Player sales with little expenditure and cut off the supply of bacon to the staff and only 13 chips per customer.

Think we might now be firmly in the shizer.
  • Options
    Has RD expected the Aussies to pay the loans off and when they have said no, offered a low amount on purpose to potentially force the Aussies hand?
  • Options

Impasse.

Think RD will now sell assets and cut as many costs as possible to try to achieve that £7 million.

Player sales with little expenditure and cut off the supply of bacon to the staff and only 13 chips per customer.

Time to get the lawnmower out SHG :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm sticking my neck out a bit here but I don't think it will be completed today.

I am starting to think it wont happen in my life time!

• Options
    I’m looking forward too 100k comments to be honest.
  • Options

I'm sticking my neck out a bit here but I don't think it will be completed today.

Agreed, but in theory it could be agreed and announced today (unlikely, but not impossible). If RD agree an amount (or to pay off 100%) with the former directors, then it could be announced immediately I presume.
  • Options

Agreed, but in theory it could be agreed and announced today (unlikely, but not impossible). If RD agree an amount (or to pay off 100%) with the former directors, then it could be announced immediately I presume.
    except the 'new' investor found would still need to pass the EFL fit and proper person test
  • Options

Impasse.

Jesus, why don't both sides say sod it, split it in half. What's £3.5 million each? Particularly if RD was possibly going to offer some sort of reduced amount like that anyway.
  • Options
    Some are still talking of an ongoing fire sale?? Konsa was always going to move on, as was Kashi. Lennon also as his career was going nowhere at Charlton. Hardly a fire sale and who’s to say RD has trousered the monies rather than into the CAFC “bank account”. Too much wetting of pants on here
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    irudd123 said:

Impasse.

Jesus, why don't both sides say sod it, split it in half. What's £3.5 million each? Particularly if RD was possibly going to offer some sort of reduced amount like that anyway.
    If the sale goes through somewhere between £30m - £40m, £3.5m represents approx 10% of the deal, your suggestions is never going to happen.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Some are still talking of an ongoing fire sale?? Konsa was always going to move on, as was Kashi. Lennon also as his career was going nowhere at Charlton. Hardly a fire sale and who’s to say RD has trousered the monies rather than into the CAFC “bank account”. Too much wetting of pants on here

Yet

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    anotherCAFC day another deadline zzzzzzzzz
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

Because he has spent the last 2 years taking money out of the club by loading up debt with interest to himself. Why would he suddenly change the habit of a life time.
    He's not making money out of it though, as the debt and interest haven't been repaid. There may be a debt figure in the club's accounts, but it's money that will never be repaid in full

• Options
    That is a derisory offer.

New owner, 5 year plan to get to the premiership when you get paid in full....

Discount for time value of money: 90%
    Discount for possibility it doesn’t work: 50%
    Increase for the fact you’ve written off the money anyway and are quite hopeful: 70%

25% my arse.

• Options
    Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else - but who is paying for the team trip to Portugal? And, who authorised the signing /negotiating of salary of the Wimbledon lad?
  • Options
    DC United, Rooney's new MLS club, one of the worst performing clubs in the MLS over the last decade, is in the process of being sold for $500(£380) million.

Makes RD's asking price seem like a bargain!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!