Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD renews call for fans not to buy season tickets before takeover is confirmed

Comments

• Redhenry said:

What's the latest view from CARD? If Bowyer gets his four signings done, I will probably renew.

So on 22nd May you said in this thread that you aren't going to renew yours or your son's ST. Now just over a month later, you might. What's changed?

Also, if Bowyer gets his four, how do you know Roland isn't going to let others go before the end of the season, like Novak last year?
  • I'm not renewing. Caved in last year, but not again. Roland Out!
  • Redhenry said:

CARD wouldn't really change my decision, this thread was the first one i found. What would it take from other fans to renew

If you really have to ask that then you have been living on Mars for the last two years.

I could not give a fuck if Bowyer signed Ronaldo & Messi and the football authorities granted us instant access to a place in the Premier League. All the time RD owns the club I will not be stepping foot inside The Valley

#notapennymore
    Ditto.
  • edited June 2018

Redhenry said:

CARD wouldn't really change my decision, this thread was the first one i found. What would it take from other fans to renew

If you really have to ask that then you have been living on Mars for the last two years.

I could not give a fuck if Bowyer signed Ronaldo & Messi and the football authorities granted us instant access to a place in the Premier League. All the time RD owns the club I will not be stepping foot inside The Valley

#notapennymore
    Ditto.
    Im sure roland would miss you and eaststand with the ground a sell out
    #talkbollocks.com
  • edited June 2018
    Won't be renewing until he goes.

Bog off Roland.
  • clb74 said:

Redhenry said:

#notapennymore
    Ditto.
    #talkbollocks.com
    We have principles.
  • clb74 said:

Redhenry said:

#notapennymore
    Ditto.
    #talkbollocks.com
    Duchatelet gonna be around for a long time then.
    #don'tbeacock
  • why should anyone else's view affect anyone.....if you want to renew, you do it, if you don't then you don't.

shouldn't need anyone else to tell/advise you what to do.

I've renewed mine and my kids a long time ago, always knew I would irrespective of who owned us or what league we were in....it's a habit I can't break

If you always knew then fine, but you can't assume that everyone is that decisive. A lot of us believe we can get a better deal (i.e. a Duchatelet free deal) by putting pressure on him to sell up asap. We may be right, we may be wrong, but that is the belief. For anyone who is undecided, it makes sense to at least find out why a lot of people think like that before making their own decision. There's little to be gained by buying early and no point in rushing into a purchase without at least asking the question.
  • Was hoping to have renewed already. Not gonna until Duchatelet goes. Not tricky.

• Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

Redhenry said:

#notapennymore
    Ditto.
    #talkbollocks.com
    We have principles.
    Your f@cking joking you principles
  • edited June 2018
    Davo55 said:

The campaign is no longer about persuading Duchatelet to sell. He already wants to sell. The aim now is to worsen the economic situation for him so he will sell more quickly and at a reasonable price.

No season ticket.

Boycott all home games. No in ground purchases, hospitality, catering, programmes, jackpot tickets.

Don’t even accept freebie tickets - empty the stadium

No buying of shirts or other club merchandise

Not a penny more until Duchatelet is gone.

Mostly agree apart from this point and here is why.

1-its a free ticket so Roland has the money already and it wasnt your money.
    2-if you dont take it someone(probably a non Charlton fan will)

So Roland has the money and someone else is going so attendence would be the same anyway.
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Redhenry said:

#notapennymore
    Ditto.
    #talkbollocks.com
    We have principles.
    Your f@cking joking you principles
    You’re.
  • Davo55 said:

The campaign is no longer about persuading Duchatelet to sell. He already wants to sell. The aim now is to worsen the economic situation for him so he will sell more quickly and at a reasonable price.

No season ticket.

Boycott all home games. No in ground purchases, hospitality, catering, programmes, jackpot tickets.

Is that a CARD stance or a @Davo55 stance?
  • Davo55 said:

No season ticket.

Davo55 said:

No season ticket.

Personal view.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it is about money it might be possible to go and compel Duchatelet to spend a fortune on security and/or other measures.
  • @Anna_Kissed whilst I know we both want the same thing, and despite your somewhat 'pat on the back' praise, if you are suggesting that I have spent the last three years 'wearing a badge and holding a balloon' you can fuck right off!
  • SE7toSG3 said:

@Anna_Kissed whilst I know we both want the same thing, and despite your somewhat 'pat on the back' praise, if you are suggesting that I have spent the last three years 'wearing a badge and holding a balloon' you can fuck right off!

It's a good thing he didn't mention sending flowers to the enemy ;)
  • I think @Anna_Kissed is suggesting that Davo's current stance should have been the obvious stance to take by anyone who loves Charlton.

Certainly by the Luzon debacle at the latest in my view.
  • Sod CL badges we need CARD campaign medals.
  • A total boycott will never happen nor would it hold. As we saw towards the end of last season a few back to back wins, a sniff of the play offs and a possible trip to Wembley had everyone wetting their knickers and totally oblivious to the fact we were still owned by RD.

Some people were calling for the protests to resume however CARD announced it would not be good as it would disrupt the teams performance etc.

For all the brave statements that are put about on here the actual number of fans prepared to stick 100% to their guns and stay away until RD is gone is small however I am proud to be one of them.

#notapennymore

Ditto.
  • A total boycott will never happen nor would it hold. As we saw towards the end of last season a few back to back wins, a sniff of the play offs and a possible trip to Wembley had everyone wetting their knickers and totally oblivious to the fact we were still owned by RD.

Some people were calling for the protests to resume however CARD announced it would not be good as it would disrupt the teams performance etc.

For all the brave statements that are put about on here the actual number of fans prepared to stick 100% to their guns and stay away until RD is gone is small however I am proud to be one of them.

#notapennymore

There is a good point being made here.

For a boycott to have an effect, it has to be exactly that, a boycott.

The purpose of the boycott is to help rid the club of Roland not to effect a few results in the short term. To paraphrase an idiom: form is temporary, shit ownership is permanent.

The call for a full boycott should remain in place until Roland has gone.