Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Major Data Breach at Ticketmaster.

Comments

• Good to check & keep a eye on your bank & credit card statement.
  • I fucking hate those thieves with a passion. I hope the bad press costs them millions.
  • edited June 2018
    Swisdom said:

I fucking hate those thieves with a passion. I hope the bad press costs them millions.

Agreed. Theiving wankers and now this.
  • https://haveibeenpwned.com

Good site to check if your email and passwords etc have ever been hacked. Tickmaster debacle won’t have been fed through yet though.
  • edited June 2018
    Ticketmaster turns out to be cavalier with data security and in breach of applicable regulation - shocker -
    In less surprising news: roly douchebag is a tombstone-toothed dishonest crackpot with a sideline in ruining football clubs

TM were informed that they were the source of suspect transactions back in April'18 but kept it under wraps until this week, when they emailed account holders who had made card purchases with them since February'18, informing them 'some of our customers’ personal or payment information may have been accessed by an unknown third-party.'
    Make your own minds up as to whether this is coincidental - this weekend a spate of fraudulent transactions were detected by UK card companies and cardholders. Obviously unconnected... In no way were TM keeping mum fingers crossed they'd get away with their data laxity...
    piss taking bastards
  • During the London Olympics they had the boss of Ticketmaster presenting some medals, I'm sure the Beeb turned it down but it was easy to hear the sound of 90,000 people booing.

Quite rightly IMO.
  • So the credit card details of 1000's of automated ticket buying bots have been leaked...
  • They'll be fucked if they've hidden it from people - as some of the security sites seem to be suggesting. If what I understand is true, one specific bank highlighted this to them back in April but got no response. The bank themselves cancelled the card of every customer who had purchased anything via Ticketmaster in the previous few months after identifying the common thread in a series of frauds was a Ticketmaster purchase before the fraudulent transactions. Someone will be itching to get a big test case for GDPR - these pricks would be perfect for it (pretty much universally despised, Internet company so tax evasion, offshored etc etc)

That would explain why Barclays randomnly sent me a new debit card a couple of months ago. When I queried it I was told they had identified “potential” fraud in an area where my card had been used but wouldn’t give me any details of the company involved.
  • Yet another reason why I don't do online banking - I just don't feel safe. Anyway, more to the point the question is, why did Charlton use them anyway? The answer of course, like so many other of our club's problems, lies with a certain Belgian 'gentleman' of dubious ethics.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think I’ve been done on this

Had MBNA fraud team onto me yesterday for some dodgy activity on my account so have had to cancel the card

Bought loads of tickets through Ticketmaster
  • Thank god we didn't make the Play Off final after all...
  • I received 2 emails directly from ticketmaster yesterday. Presumably 1 from my normal account and 1 from my semi final account - it had to be a seperate account to get the away preferential allocation.
    Also about a month ago MBNA issued me new cards as there had been suspicious attempts although nothing went through.
  • I've received an email from there asking to change my password.

Try to log in, password didn't work, got new password, logged in and got the message We want to keep your billing info safe. Please confirm the payment card number associated with your account now, or delete your billing info and reenter it later.

Should I be concerned?
  • edited June 2018
    I use Ticketmaster regularly.
    I had my CC declined in a shop last week, phoned the provider and they had blocked the card, due to a suspicious transaction.

It was an online transaction for www.Championstore £320.
    Guess where the transaction originated ?

Yes Belgium ! Will the nightmeire ever end ?
    Card was destroyed and I received a new one.
    Tbf I don't know if it has anything to do with Ticketmaster.

PS you can change your password under "edit contact details".

Data security incident by third-party supplier
    On Saturday, June 23, 2018, Ticketmaster UK identified malicious software on a customer support product hosted by Inbenta Technologies, an external third-party supplier to Ticketmaster.

As soon as we discovered the malicious software, we disabled the Inbenta product across all Ticketmaster websites.

As a result of Inbenta’s product running on the Ticketmaster UK website, some of our customers’ personal or payment information may have been accessed by an unknown third-party.

We are contacting you because you purchased, or attempted to purchase, tickets between February and June 23, 2018 and therefore may have been affected by the Inbenta incident.

Forensic teams and security experts are working around the clock to understand how the data was compromised.

We are working with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), as well as credit card companies, banks and relevant authorities.

What we are doing:

Ticketmaster UK has established a dedicated website security.ticketmaster.co.uk to answer your questions about the Inbenta incident. You can also contact fan.help@ticketmaster.co.uk
    As a precautionary measure, all notified customers will need to reset their passwords when they next log into their accounts

We are offering impacted customers a free 12 month identity monitoring service with a leading provider. To request this service please visit this page.

We recommend that you monitor your account statements for evidence of fraud or identity theft. If you are concerned or notice any suspicious activity on your account, you should contact your bank(s) and any credit card companies.

Ticketmaster understands the importance of your personal information. We take the protection of that information very seriously and we are sorry to have to write to you in these circumstances.

Faithfully,

The Ticketmaster Team

Try to log in, password didn't work, got new password, logged in and got the message We want to keep your billing info safe. Please confirm the payment card number associated with your account now, or delete your billing info and reenter it later.

Should I be concerned?

I wouldn’t be concerned but I wouldn’t save your card info on there. I don’t on any site.

Just incase, if your Ticketmaster password’s the same as your Gmail, Hotmail etc then I’d change those as a precaution.

Should I be concerned?

If you clicked a link from the email then yes be concerned as could be a phishing scam directing you to a cloned webpage. Best to go to their site how you would normally and check there.

Should I be concerned?

YES

If you got to the login site from a link in the email its most likely a scam. No bank would ask you to re enter an account number for an account that you've accessed by a secure login. They have captured your user name and password already. They just need the account number.
  • IanJRO said:

I've received an email from there asking to change my password.

Should I be concerned?

If you clicked a link from the email then yes be concerned as could be a phishing scam directing you to a cloned webpage. Best to go to their site how you would normally and check there.
    I logged in to ticketmaster without clicking on any email links. Info deleted and password changed. I use a credit card so should be fine if anything bad happens.
  • Digital bank 'Monzo' had warned Ticketmaster about the breach in April apparently.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44642567
  • Sponsored links:

• Just saw that on the Monzo website:

https://monzo.com/blog/2018/06/28/ticketmaster-breach/

Quite incredible that upon presenting evidence to MasterCard it took 2 months for them to issue a global warning to the banks.
  • Ticketmaster turns out to be cavalier with data security and in breach of applicable regulation - shocker -
    In less surprising news: roly douchebag is a tombstone-toothed dishonest crackpot with a sideline in ruining football clubs

TM were informed that they were the source of suspect transactions back in April'18 but kept it under wraps until this week, when they emailed account holders who had made card purchases with them since February'18, informing them 'some of our customers’ personal or payment information may have been accessed by an unknown third-party.'
    Make your own minds up as to whether this is coincidental - this weekend a spate of fraudulent transactions were detected by UK card companies and cardholders. Obviously unconnected... In no way were TM keeping mum fingers crossed they'd get away with their data laxity...
    piss taking bastards

Further update - I've been 'confidently assured' by another retailer, who sold thru shittingbastard, that my details aren't at risk from the widely publicised shittingbastard data giveaway. I wonder what lies shittingbastard are telling to whom? They have already acknowledged to me directly that "your data may have been at risk" and I know that my data has indeed been misused. But this retailer has been told the opposite. Not easy to square that little circle, unless shittingbastard are utter remorseless crooks.