Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• ross1 said:

Vetokele and Taylor up top for Sunderland away???

It has been widely stated that Vetokele will not be here when the season starts
    By us yes but not the club yet
  • edited June 2018
    uie2 said:

Valley11 said:

Good to hear from Gallen in the above

This may be a stupid question but is Steve Gallen Kevin Gallen's brother?
    Yes and Joe's
  • End of Magennis, I hope
  • ross1 said:

Vetokele and Taylor up top for Sunderland away???

It has been widely stated that Vetokele will not be here when the season starts
    I think we should do all we can to keep him until January at least. Make him earn his money ! He might enjoy bagging a few In this dog shit league anyway (y)
  • Good signing. Sign Eaves and we have a promotion standard strike force.
  • uie2 said:

Valley11 said:

Good to hear from Gallen in the above

This may be a stupid question but is Steve Gallen Kevin Gallen's brother?
    Yes
  • Would Taylor, Vetekele, Magennis and Ahearne Grant (if available) be decent enough for a top 2 challenge in League One?
  • Would Taylor, Vetekele, Magennis and Ahearne Grant (if available) be decent enough for a top 2 challenge in League One?

Can't see Vetokele being here & even when you add Ajose it doesnt look promo standard to me. We need another striker.
  • His poberbly caretaker striker so no length of contract. Some decent goals on video to be fair

Whose round?
  • Sponsored links:

• Keep Vetokele and it’s a promotion winning strike force as things stand imo
  • edited June 2018
    It really doesn't take much to get some of you lot carried away .

Some of you will never learn.

Happy we've gotTaylor, hope he scores more in a theoretically better side, but if you take away his 3 penalties he scored one more goal in the league than Josh Magennis did last season. Just sayin.

Vetokele won't even be here .

• Like others, I am pleased but surprised and even amazed by this signing.

How does it fit with Duchatelet flying in to slash budgets, sell Konsa and be touting other players around to get cash in to pay the bills. I have no doubt that was happening and it doesn’t square with what looks like a good investment in this he squad now.

Confused.com.
  • Davo55 said:

Like others, I am pleased but surprised and even amazed by this signing.

How does it fit with Duchatelet flying in to slash budgets, sell Konsa and be touting other players around to get cash in to pay the bills. I have no doubt that was happening and it doesn’t square with what looks like a good investment in this he squad now.

Confused.com.

Ah yes, the fire sale, which so far has solely consisted of selling Konsa, who wanted to move and who we've been trying to sell for over a year. (Lennon doesn't count in my book either as part of a fire sale).
  • edited June 2018

Happy we've gotTaylor, hope he scores more in a theoretically better side, but if you take away his 3 penalties he scored one more goal in the league than Josh Magennis did last season. Just sayin.

Taylor scoring 15 and Magennis scoring 15 ! That would be 30 goal strikers

What's wrong with that?

apart from the fact we only have 1 senior gk, our full backs are both injury prone & the cover we had for them last season are no longer with us & our midfield is weak.....

apart from the fact we only have 1 senior gk, our full backs are both injury prone & the cover we had for them last season are no longer with us & our midfield is weak.....
    Sorry, I must have missed that. We've lost Djiksteel as cover for Solly?
  • edited June 2018
    uie2 said:

Taylor scoring 15 and Magennis scoring 15 ! That would be 30 goal strikers

What's wrong with that?
    Nothing, but you're rounding up a bit there. I hope he does well, of course I do, I think he probably will. But a few people on here would do well to moderate their expectations a bit.
  • Sponsored links:

Every other year you've moaned that we waste time signing other positions and waiting on our striker, this year we sign a striker and you're moaning about other positions.

Beyond parody.
    And he goes to the games and still moans. Why bother?

Yes they would, and we have Ajose too.

But Igor won't be here and KAG might decide that if he's not going to get games then he wants to leave.
  • vffvff
    edited June 2018
    Duchatelet form is to replace a more expensive waged striker with a cheaper one.

It will be a surprise to me if either Vetekele / & Magennis start the season. If Duchatelet could move on Vetekele to reduce wages, he would have done so already (though he still might). My bet would be Josh Magennis first to move shortly after the Aussies bid falters.

A front line of Lyle Taylor & Ajose is likely with KAG (depending on Ibiza).
  • Two Wimbledon mates sorry to see him go but rather concerned when they say he can't head the ball - backs in to defenders in search of fouls instead. Over keen on back heels and "can be an arrogant twat at times".

Please don't shoot the messenger...

Hoping we keep Magennis as sounds like they could be a decent combo but I fear the NI man will jump ship.
  • edited June 2018
    Being an arrogant twat is not such a bad trait in a striker @Weegie Addick , aong with single mindedness and self belief to put the ball in the net. Firmani, Hales, Mendonca, Yann all had an air of arrogance about them. If he does half as well as those legends he'll do for me :wink: .

Yes they would, and we have Ajose too.

But Igor won't be here and KAG might decide that if he's not going to get games then he wants to leave.
    Errrrr. With what's hanging over KAG, no club will sign him.

Innocent until proved guilty, and all that, but what if he gets jail time?
  • @Weegie Addick whats the view of your Wombles buddies?
  • I’m pleased Taylor has signed. He’s got some goals in him and I like the fact he’s mobile and not just a league one lump. On the other hand his record isn’t that fantastic which is why he hasn’t been snapped up by a Championship club. On the whole he’s the striker we needed to sign this time last year. I do think people are getting a bit carried away thinking he’s going to fire us to promotion but regardless he’s given us a new dimension up front which quite frankly couldn’t have been any worse. Should we lose Magennis then I think we need to find a replacement. I’m discounting Vetokele as an option because I think there’s zero chance of him staying. Starting the season with Taylor, Ajose and the two lads currently having problems in Ibiza would put us back to square one. Mag has to stay or be replaced.

Knock em cold Lyle.