Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• This was some time ago and not today right?
  • LenGlover said:

This was some time ago and not today right?

Interview this week, about an incident a few years ago.
  • wow, he really isn't the world's most passionate guy..
  • edited June 2018
    Greenie said:

wow, he really isn't the world's most passionate guy..

Leave off, he was shagging Trannies before you lot were going all gender neutral.
    So you're saying... he's not like everybody else?
  • edited June 2018
    Greenie said:

wow, he really isn't the world's most passionate guy..

Leave off, he was shagging Trannies before you lot were going all gender neutral.
    la la la la la lol!
  • Still, it's a Sunny Afternoon here in Bexley and I'll bet there's a lovely Sunset at Waterloo tonight.
  • Was he on Dead End Street by any chance?
  • RedChaser said:

Was he on Dead End Street by any chance?

dunno but apparently he was stuck in the ER all day and all of the night...
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

I reckon it could have been the taxman trying to take more of his dough.
  • RedChaser said:

Was he tired of waiting?
  • RedChaser said:

Was he tired of waiting?
    He was waiting for a new Almanack due out this Autumn.
  • So what, people get shot all the time, stop your sobbing
  • Could happen to anybody especially a well respected man.
  • Ray Davies, a great songwriter and the Kinks one of the best groups of the sixties, it was years ago he got shot why a big story now?
  • Ray Davies, a great songwriter and the Kinks one of the best groups of the sixties, it was years ago he got shot why a big story now?

It’s because he’s a dedicated follower of Katrien
  • Wish I was shot by David Watts....
  • Is it true that in the song Lola, they sing about cherry cola, before it was even invented or us thst a myth?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Seems to be suggesting in some recent interviews that the Kinks are going to get back together. No love lost between Ray and Dave Davies - their relationship makes the Gallagher brothers look like best mates in comparison. If the brothers and Mick Avory can put aside their differences for a few gigs it would be a well deserved payday for one of Britain's greatest and underappreciated bands.
  • Seems to be suggesting in some recent interviews that the Kinks are going to get back together. No love lost between Ray and Dave Davies - their relationship makes the Gallagher brothers look like best mates in comparison. If the brothers and Mick Avory can put aside their differences for a few gigs it would be a well deserved payday for one of Britain's greatest and underappreciated bands.

You can bet your life on it that if it did happen I would be there. I'm not sure they are underappreciated though - I would agree with those that say that along with the Beatles, Stones, The Who, and Small Faces they were instrumental in the development of popular music in the 60s.
  • Is it true that in the song Lola, they sing about cherry cola, before it was even invented or us thst a myth?

Coca cola but changed for UK TV and radio play.
  • I've seen the Kast off Kinks a few times, who are made up of musicians who have played with them over the years, plus Mick Avory. MA often introduces Lola and tells the story of Ray Davies meeting him/her in a club. Might just be a tale for the show though.

Agree it would be good to see them back together but can't see it happening. There's an annual fan club day at a pub in Archway, which the Kast off Kinks always play at. Ray Davies often attends too and gets on stage for a couple of numbers.
  • What I mean I guess is that they are undervalued as an album band, at least in comparison with the big three bands of the 60s. Lots of problems with record labels then the theatrical albums of the 70s meant that they are more appreciated as a singles band rather than having classic albums apart from maybe Something Else and Village Green Preservation Society. Ray Davies is/was a superb songwriter and chronicler of English life though.
  • bobmunro said:

Seems to be suggesting in some recent interviews that the Kinks are going to get back together. No love lost between Ray and Dave Davies - their relationship makes the Gallagher brothers look like best mates in comparison. If the brothers and Mick Avory can put aside their differences for a few gigs it would be a well deserved payday for one of Britain's greatest and underappreciated bands.

You can bet your life on it that if it did happen I would be there. I'm not sure they are underappreciated though - I would agree with those that say that along with the Beatles, Stones, The Who, and Small Faces they were instrumental in the development of popular music in the 60s.
    I was listening to the Small Faces all day yesterday in the garden, unfortunately upset my neighbour (no taste)...as it was rather loud.
  • 1StevieG said:

Wish I was shot by David Watts....

I wish I could be like Tony Watt...
  • bobmunro said:

I was listening to the Small Faces all day yesterday in the garden, unfortunately upset my neighbour (no taste)...as it was rather loud.
    I doubt there is a week that goes by when I don't listen, at some point, to the Small Faces. Utterly brilliant band.
  • 1StevieG said:

Wish I was shot by David Watts....

I wish I could be like Tony Watt...
    He would never lead the school team to victory, take his exams and pass the lot!