Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CafcCrazy said:

@Henry Irving your big day tomorrow, have you prepared a speech ?

No speech, no promote.

The achievement of starting the site and the site's greatest thread is enough.

• PaddyP17 said:

I would like to observe that it's slightly worrying that a significant proportion of our user base hasn't worked out that pages all have exactly 30 posts, and long posts don't help the page count in that way.

Whether it's a simple WIOTOS or a Grapevine extravaganza, they all count the same toward the page count.

#NoOneElseHasAnythingConstructiveToAddAnywaySoIThoughtIWouldSayThis

So size, does not matter, I have always said this
  • CafcCrazy said:

He’s just trying to work out which cardigan to wear.
  • I can see the summit.

"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves."
  • edited June 2018

Five

Bond :- 'Well what do you expect me to do Mr Irving'?

Henners :-'What do I expect you to do Mr Bond? I expect you to implode with this site and all who post on it! Ha ha ha ha'.

:naughty:
  • Henners gaveth to AFKA and Lookie and he shall soon taketh away :astonished:
  • I'd love AFKA to ban Henners when it's on 999 :-)

No need for that.

Just close the thread and open a new one on 999
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

@Airman Brown I've read your latest VOTV article and it's given me some hope if I've understood it correctly. Can you reassure me please?

- it only needs one ex director to refuse the debt to be cleared by RD and he can't lease out the Valley

- the ex-directors can refuse to have the debt paid (this bit I don't get)

Thank you

As I understand it the ex directors cannot refuse FULL repayment of their loans and that RD had tried to cut a deal or he was not prepared to satisfy the repayment terms as per the debentures. Therefore a lease on the Valley cannot be granted without ALL the debenture holders agreement.
    Thank you @RedChaser

So if Roland did pay out according to the repayment terms he could lease the Valley?

What's a debenture?
    Yes that's it, clear all the debt secured by the ex directors debentures and the Valley becomes unencumbered (free of charges).

Mortgage Debentures per se are Legal charges usually sought by banks from Limited Companies who have lending facilities which are regarded as security attaching all assets of the company both fixed (including specific charges over land) and floating over all current assets i.e. the debtor book.

Without seeing the actual terms of the debentures entered into it is difficulty to comment further but it would appear four directors were happy to give priority (sign a deed to this effect) and three weren't because full repayment has not been offered.
    Thank you @RedChaser

This confirms my fear that he'll pay them all off and try to lease the Valley.

It also reminds me why I don't work in finance. Chickens are so much easier to understand.
    RD doesn't even need to pay the lot of them off to lease The Valley and Sparrows Lane.

My understanding based on Airman Brown answering my questions a few pages ago is that if we have the scenario of 3 ex directors refusing to take a haircut on there loans RD could potentially pay the 3 off in full leaving us with 4 ex directors all happy for RD to lease The Valley and Sparrows Lane. RD wouldn't even need to pay off the 4 remaining ex directors to then be able to strike a deal with The Aussies.

This for me should it happen is the worst possible outcome of this takeover.
    I don't know if anyone knows the terms but the charges are listed individually rather than as a group.
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

@Airman Brown I've read your latest VOTV article and it's given me some hope if I've understood it correctly. Can you reassure me please?

- it only needs one ex director to refuse the debt to be cleared by RD and he can't lease out the Valley

- the ex-directors can refuse to have the debt paid (this bit I don't get)

Thank you

As I understand it the ex directors cannot refuse FULL repayment of their loans and that RD had tried to cut a deal or he was not prepared to satisfy the repayment terms as per the debentures. Therefore a lease on the Valley cannot be granted without ALL the debenture holders agreement.
    Thank you @RedChaser

So if Roland did pay out according to the repayment terms he could lease the Valley?

What's a debenture?
    Yes that's it, clear all the debt secured by the ex directors debentures and the Valley becomes unencumbered (free of charges).

Mortgage Debentures per se are Legal charges usually sought by banks from Limited Companies who have lending facilities which are regarded as security attaching all assets of the company both fixed (including specific charges over land) and floating over all current assets i.e. the debtor book.

Without seeing the actual terms of the debentures entered into it is difficulty to comment further but it would appear four directors were happy to give priority (sign a deed to this effect) and three weren't because full repayment has not been offered.
    Thank you @RedChaser

This confirms my fear that he'll pay them all off and try to lease the Valley.

It also reminds me why I don't work in finance. Chickens are so much easier to understand.
    RD doesn't even need to pay the lot of them off to lease The Valley and Sparrows Lane.

My understanding based on Airman Brown answering my questions a few pages ago is that if we have the scenario of 3 ex directors refusing to take a haircut on there loans RD could potentially pay the 3 off in full leaving us with 4 ex directors all happy for RD to lease The Valley and Sparrows Lane. RD wouldn't even need to pay off the 4 remaining ex directors to then be able to strike a deal with The Aussies.

This for me should it happen is the worst possible outcome of this takeover.
    I don't know if anyone knows the terms but the charges are listed individually rather than as a group.
    It does beg the question though with the relatively small sum to be cleared from the those directors who are holding out for full repayment why RD doesn't bite the bullet. Still the bloke is so unpredictable, never wrong and doesn't do failure it should be no surprise to us unless the devil is the detail for him.
    Maybe because he sold Lennon and Konsa for cash discounts he might think he's on a roll and arrogant enough to think that the ex-directors will accept cash discounts too.
    From what I understand the three in question have had this position for over a year and are not going to budge, however if they are paid in full and the other four ex Directors take discounts thereafter and or allow Leases then he can do what he likes.
    On the other hand if I was an ex director who saw 3 others get paid off I would probably think about changing my position to get a pay off as well - i assume these ex directors talk occasionally...
    They don’t all talk to each other, no.
    Well they may well find themselves doing so before long!
  • Sad desperate times indeed @Redmidland but sometimes if you don't try and lighten the mood you'll cry. Hopefully the end of the madman's reign of terror is nigh.
  • @Themightyath2 Yep apparently he has quit and also been told he's been stopped from posting. Now I'm no supporter of BB (aka Colin) at all in anyway shape or form, but it shows how tetchy and 'sniping' its getting across all fora!!
  • #BringBackColin
  • RedChaser said:

Sad desperate times indeed @Redmidland but sometimes if you don't try and lighten the mood you'll cry. Hopefully the end of the madman's reign of terror is nigh.

I want to laugh along, I really do, but time and tide wait for no man, and all the while this 'farce' continues the new season draws ever closer. I don't give a shite about 1000 comments unless its to 'rejoice' in a takeover, sadly, I fear we will reach that figure and still be in 'limbo'. I'm genuinely worried about next season and the fact that we could next year be staring relegation to the fourth tier in the face for the first time ever.
  • No more posts re other forums / individuals please

Sorry mate, not intentional, I was just trying to make a point about the split fan base seems to be everywhere, apologies.
  • No more posts re other forums / individuals please

Even if it gets us to 1,000?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Sad desperate times indeed @Redmidland but sometimes if you don't try and lighten the mood you'll cry. Hopefully the end of the madman's reign of terror is nigh.

I want to laugh along, I really do, but time and tide wait for no man, and all the while this 'farce' continues the new season draws ever closer. I don't give a shite about 1000 comments unless its to 'rejoice' in a takeover, sadly, I fear we will reach that figure and still be in 'limbo'. I'm genuinely worried about next season and the fact that we could next year be staring relegation to the fourth tier in the face for the first time ever.
    Yes I get all that and it is each to their own how they deal with the unknown but after a lifetime of support I'm not going to let the old scrote drive me into deep depression. I've got my treasured memories which he can never take away and I'm on record at start of this downward spiral that I was prepared for the worst and if it meant starting again as AFC Charlton then so be it.
  • This takeover ain’t going to happen, is it?
  • CafcCrazy said:

No speech, no promote.

The achievement of starting the site and the site's greatest thread is enough.

in other words "GIVE ME A FKN PROMOTE PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE"
  • Breaking news

Richard Cawley is going on holiday.

• This 'supposed' takeover is causing more splits than a lorry load of divorce lawyers!! People falling out on here, and on two other forums - @JamesSeed was being called out on one, and now Bexleyboy has left another forum, caused by I know more than you syndrome!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, RD must be dancing in the streets of Belgium with all the arguments and disagreements he has caused. Our fan base used to be united, we fought 'together' to get back to The Valley, we have always fought for CAFC - The club!! RD is like a dose of the 'plague' actually syphilis, and its affecting more and more people, - name calling, snide remarks, my 'willy' is bigger than yours syndrome. If and when this takeover finally happens, what is the club going to be left with? A fractured fan base, a forever reducing fan base, no SMT to speak of, players out - none in. If whoever and whichever consortia may be reading this or any other forum I make just one plea " Stop pussyfooting about - come and buy us and be the new owners, before CAFC and all who believe and love it rip it (and ourselves) apart!!
    We are in a serious situation, the club is, whatever your views, at a crunch time.....the fact that this thread may reach 1000 comments, maybe some peoples idea of fun.....for me its the need to sort this shit out and sort it out now, before all we have left is a thread of 1000 comments and no fucking club!!

As soon as this takeover is completed then we can all forget about the past and move on.
  • It'll definitely maybe happen tomorrow.
  • Dazzler21 said:

It'll definitely maybe happen tomorrow.

Oh no - more Oasis puns...
  • Been told something major is going to happen tomorrow......matters coming to a head evidently.
    Not sure what it all means to be honest and I’m not sure I want to.......may find sleeping tonight a little difficult in nervous anticipation......could go either way I’m told.
  • Been told something major is going to happen tomorrow......matters coming to a head evidently.
    Not sure what it all means to be honest and I’m not sure I want to.......may find sleeping tonight a little difficult in nervous anticipation......could go either way I’m told.

Sounds like you're talking about my pimple, @SoundAsa£ ....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!