Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

James Corden

Is there anyone who actually likes him? Who can watch him for more that 60 seconds without wanting to chuck their guts up?

I know I can't...

Comments

• Ah thought this was a RIP thread. Glad it's not.

Can't stand him either.
  • He's good in a Mike Leigh film called "All of Nothing" because he's not trying to be funny.
  • Think he's been over exposed but carpool karaoke is great

https://youtu.be/QjvzCTqkBDQ
  • He was on front row on Radio 4 during the week, came over very well.
  • Gavin and Stacey is the only thing good he’s ever done.
  • Gavin and Stacey is the only thing good he’s ever done.

History Boys
  • And history boys is great, but he didn’t write that obviously
  • Can't bear him, carpool karaoke is my idea of hell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Loved him in Gavin & Stacey and generally thereafter.
  • His bladder is too close to his eyes, as my Aunty Bridie used to say.

I just watched that carpool kareoke but would have preferred it without him singing, crying and especially singing at the end in the Phil Dining Room.
  • edited June 2018
    Scoham said:

Recently watched Gavin & Stacey back, every episode is on iPlayer. Still very good.

I hope he plays Karl Robinson when the film about the Roland years is made.

Ooh, this sounds like fun, can I vote Ewen Bremner as Tony Watt?

And Edward Scissorhands as that little prick who was Roland’s advisor picking the team, forgotten his name now....
  • I'm not shooting him down because he's successful. That's the polar opposite to the way I think, although I don't necessarily gauge success on how much dough someone earns, or how much exposure they get.

I just find him really nauseating when he's himself. What I've seen of G and S, he was okay and he played a good part in the Pierrepoint drama along side Timothy Spall.
  • Loved him in Gavin & stacey.

Haven't enjoyed anything else he's done
  • He's done very well for himself so good on him. Not my cup of tea though.
  • The fashionable thing right now, is to say you hate James Corden.

I haven’t got a problem with Corden. I admire the fact he has made a huge success of himself in the United States.

Eh? He's first on my list every time there's a thread on annoying people etc.

The first time he came to my attention was years ago when a friend of mine got a G and S DVD for Christmas and we had to watch it from start to finish when we're there for summin to eat. I remember that it was okayish and that JC's character I found quite annoying.

Nothing to do with his success and nothing to do with the fashion
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't find him particularly amusing but he's harmless enough. Fair play to him, he's gone a long way on the talent he's got - a sort of TV Simon Church!
  • edited June 2018
    I dont feel strongly enough about to him to read a thread on a football forum, let alone comment on it.

Oh.
  • Makes my skin Crawl.
  • He'll probably be our first signing the way things are going.
  • He likes charlton. Thats good enough for me.

He is probably someone that goes through spells of being a funnyish bloke that knows things and would be a laugh down the pub.

To then maybe being a bit unnecessarily arrogant, not funny, using plagerism to get by and taking himself too seriously.

Overall I like him.
  • I remember seeing him as a kid in Fat Friends, if someone had told you back then that he’d end up where he is now you’d have laughed your balls off.

I am not a fan myself, he’s just a tad too pleased with himself for my liking, but you have to take your hat off to him, he’s done bloody well.
  • Everything about him since the first Gav and Stacey has been absolutely shite s

His character in that was ok for the first season but grating there in until the toilet brush went up his arse
  • Loved him in Gavin and Stacey, think everything he has done since has been shite.

But he seems a nice bloke and he tweeted his support against Roland so don't mind him generally, just choose not to watch what he's in.
  • I like him. Good luck to him - has done well.