Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Ernie Hunt

Just discovered that one half of the "donkey duo" passed away on Wednesday. RIP Ernie.

Comments

• He played up front
  • Scored that classic free kick (for Coventry) that later got banned, where the player flicked the free kick up between his ankles and Hunt volleyed it in.
  • edited June 2018
    Well known for this 'goal of the season'.RIP.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq2xT-tx38
  • Pedro45 said:

Scored that classic free kick (for Coventry) that later got banned, where the player flicked the free kick up between his ankles and Hunt volleyed it in.

Hence the mention of the "donkey duo"... :smile:
  • RIP
  • 1970! God I feel old now... RIP
  • I remember going onto Plumstead Common with my mates, all trying to copy that free kick
  • Ernie. A proper footballer name. We need more Ernies, and Alfs, and Stans.

RIP Ernie Hunt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

Ernie. A proper footballer name. We need more Ernies, and Alfs, and Stans.

RIP Ernie Hunt.

His name was actually Peter...
  • Why was this outlawed. Can’t really see much wrong with it to be honest.
  • If I remember correctly, they decided that flipping the ball up by holding it between both feet was effectively the player touching the ball twice from a free kick , which is against the rules.
  • If I remember correctly, they decided that flipping the ball up by holding it between both feet was effectively the player touching the ball twice from a free kick , which is against the rules.

I think that’s correct to my memory also but it’s really not two touches is it. Two touches would effectively mean contact gap contact. Still don’t understand why it was outlawed
  • Real name was Roger, wanted to avoid confusion with World Cup hero, so took his Dad's name. Fantastic goal that eclipsed any scored by Roger the First,
  • Tramp said:

Real name was Roger, wanted to avoid confusion with World Cup hero, so took his Dad's name. Fantastic goal that eclipsed any scored by Roger the First,

Of course it was. That was me with my Charlton tinted glasses on... DOH! :blush:

I think that’s correct to my memory also but it’s really not two touches is it. Two touches would effectively mean contact gap contact. Still don’t understand why it was outlawed
    I think it's a continuous touch, a bit like a push shot in snooker.

I think it's a continuous touch, a bit like a push shot in snooker.
    This.