Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    334-6 (Rouse out for 8)

Really hard to judge how many runs will be enough, as while Denly and Dickson got tons, most people failed
  • Options
    edited June 2018

334-6 (Rouse out for 8)

Really hard to judge how many runs will be enough, as while Denly and Dickson got tons, most people failed

If we set 500 and they get it they deserve it.

The lead is 410 as I type with 4 wickets in hand.

We need more with Trott and Bell up against us.

Tunbridge Wells is a small ground.
  • Options
    Barker has been told by the umpires that he can't bowl any more due to running on the protected area. The new ball isn't old and he has taken 9 of their 16 wickets so, hopefully, we can take advantage of his absence.
  • Options

Barker has been told by the umpires that he can't bowl any more due to running on the protected area. The new ball isn't old and he has taken 9 of their 16 wickets so, hopefully, we can take advantage of his absence.

The trials of bowling left arm over.

I used to have that problem sometimes when I played.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Did they have the "protected are" in those days Len?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

LenGlover said:

Did they have the "protected are" in those days Len?
    Wasn't called that then but amounted to much the same thing. The area 4 feet (from memory) from off stump to a right hand bat.

I think I've been 'whooshed!'

Underarm when I played. Me and Darren's 8 x great grandfather 'Lumpy' Stevens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumpy_Stevens
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    357-6 at the close. Crawley 47* the lead 429

EDIT: Score corrected to 359-6 so the lead is 431
  • Options
    359-6 at close and a healthy lead of 431. Another 50 or so would be good.

An overcast day tomorrow would be also nice but, somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.
  • Options
    Obviously we still have 2 days to go, but Kent will be wary of not running out of time as they did against Gloucs in a game they dominated
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Obviously we still have 2 days to go, but Kent will be wary of not running out of time as they did against Gloucs in a game they dominated

Good point.

I think they will be either bowled out before lunch or else achieve a lead of 500 by lunch and declare.

That will give them a minimum of 5 sessions. In reality they will probably have more than that.

Kent scored 355 runs today. All of a sudden 400 odd doesn't look that big to chase over 2 days which is why I keep saying we need more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently the second new ball was quite a testing period, so I imagine it's one of those games where the new ball is dangerous, but once it goes soft it becomes much easier to bat, especially once a batsman is set
  • Options

Apparently the second new ball was quite a testing period, so I imagine it's one of those games where the new ball is dangerous, but once it goes soft it becomes much easier to bat, especially once a batsman is set

We will have two "bites of the cherry" though and possibly one on each morning when the bowlers are fresh too.
  • Options
    I'll be down there to see Trott grind out 45no in 5 hours

But as I'll be in the CAMRA beer tent, I won't care :smile:
  • Options
    395-6 so a lead of 467 Crawley 67* his highest career score and hopefully counting
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

395-6 so a lead of 467 Crawley 67* his highest career score and hopefully counting

Now on 84, steady progress this morning, everyone is waiting for Kent to bowl...

Podmore caught behind for 24
  • Options
    413-7 Crawley 85* lead 485
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Crawley goes for 93.

Kent 423-8, a lead of 495
  • Options
    Crawley out for 92, he'd looked a bit loose before the dismissal
  • Options

Declaration at 446-8

Warwickshire require 519 to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Declaration at 446-8

Warwickshire require 519 to win.
    And that would be a record first class chase against us.
  • Options
    Warwickshire 26-0 at lunch
  • Options
    You'd expect Warks to do better second time round, it'll be interesting how the spinners get on as Patel looked quite dangerous this morning
  • Options
    Typical that Crawley gets a big score after I'd called him out!

Good for him though, hope he kicks on.

Still no runs for Rouse though.
  • Options
    I predict we lose...
  • Options
    edited June 2018

I predict we lose...

Early days still but Warwickshire chugging along nicely on 42-0 with Bell and Trott still to come amongst others.
  • Options
    44-1 Podmore.
  • Options
    104-1

519 is a lot of runs but they'll have 250 plus by the close if they keep on the way they are.

We need wickets.
  • Options
    Get a grip lads
  • Options

I predict we lose...