Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aziz Behich

Given that we are in the market for a left back, and the likely nationality of our new owners, we could do worse than look at this chap.

Played very well in both games, gets forward well, has a good bit of pace and can play off both feet comfortably.

As he currently plays in Turkey, I can't imagine that he is on a fortune either.

Comments

• edited June 2018

Given that we are in the market for a left back, and the likely nationality of our new owners, we could do worse than look at this chap.

Played very well in both games, gets forward well, has a good bit of pace and can play off both feet comfortably.

As he currently plays in Turkey, I can't imagine that he is on a fortune either.

Are you joking? Salaries at the big Istanbul clubs can be enormous (virtually tax free I believe as well).
  • Are Bursapor that big a club? Obviously know all about the Fenerbache and Galatasaray - not so much about them, so will have to bow to your greater knowledge

Mind you have just noticed that he has been there for a while, so maybe is on a fair whack now.

Having said that, given our current state of flux, we'd be lucky to be able to sign the bloke form the local Kebab shop, let alone an international left back!!
  • Shopping at the World Cup? We’re more likely to find our signings in the National League South!

True. World Cup?
  • No chance. Next!
  • Find threads like these so embarrassing
  • Behich is one of Bursaspors best players.
    In comparison as an example they signed someone in January for half a million and he is on 10k a week.
    Transfer fee wise, you'd expect Behich to be worth 5-10 times that.
    (So I'd imagine he's on more than 10k)

Certainly not short of money,
    Plus only 15% tax is a nice deal too.
  • Really?

Had no idea there was so much money in Turkish football, outside of the big two or three clubs.

Anyhow looks like a decent player, both of the Aussie centre backs look good as well - and both play in Asia at the moment.
  • I recommended a few Aussies to Charlton a few years ago.... Matt Ryan, Trent Sainsbury, Matt Simon to name but a few, they were all playing in the A league at the time and available cheaply. Fell on deaf ears as expected.
  • Yes I live here too, so am familiar with all those guys from the A League.

Would be interested in what Sainsbury is earning in China, as he is a classy defender, and would surely walk into our team? Matt Ryan has obviously gone on to great things, and Matty Simon is probably a bit on the old side.

Apparently Mark Milligan was very close to joining Palace a few years ago, but it fell through and he was devastated.

Having said all that a number of Aussies have gone over to English clubs in recent years (Tommy Oar, Adam Taggart, Jamie McClaren), and done absolutely nothing, so it shows how big the leap is to even Championship first XI's.

• Sponsored links:

• Matt Simon was a youngster back when I recommended him. Both Matt Ryan and Trent Sainsbury were cutting their teeth at Central Coast Mariners, way before they both went to Europe.
    More recently I recommended Jack Clisby when he was at Perth. Still a prospect at 26 and can play left back or Centre half. I gave up after that as it was waste of time.
  • "What time do the first team squad have their breakfast...........when the left back aziz"

PM me for bookings :smile:
  • Behich is one of Bursaspors best players.
    In comparison as an example they signed someone in January for half a million and he is on 10k a week.
    Transfer fee wise, you'd expect Behich to be worth 5-10 times that.
    (So I'd imagine he's on more than 10k)

Certainly not short of money,
    Plus only 15% tax is a nice deal too.

John Bostock is currently at Bursaspor

Scott Carson played there, after he was with us.

Previous players include Kenny Miller and Colin Kazim-Richards
  • Given that we are in the market for a left back, and the likely nationality of our new owners, we could do worse than look at this chap.

Right back is more important imo.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Right back is more important imo.
    Equally important, we only have one of each!