Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Soccer Roos talent spotting alert

The Aussies play Denmark today at 1pm, so might be a good idea to keep an eye open for promising talent. The claim is that we’re not to be an Australian nursery club, but if they really aim to attract Aussie fans you’d imagine one or two signings might be on the cards.

Apparently seven of the squad are already based in England (same as Denmark) including Cahill up the road and Jedinak at Spurs.

Comments

• Saw them against France and was quite impressed

Trent Sainsbury and their Left-Back (cant remember his name) were the ones I liked
  • JamesSeed said:

The Aussies play Denmark today at 1pm, so might be a good idea to keep an eye open for promising talent. The claim is that we’re not to be an Australian nursery club, but if they really aim to attract Aussie fans you’d imagine one or two signings might be on the cards.

Apparently seven of the squad are already based in England (same as Denmark) including Cahill up the road and Jedinak at Spurs.

Does Jedinak not play for Villa??

Trent Sainsbury and their Left-Back (cant remember his name) were the ones I liked

Trent? What kind of name is that? Unless his parents were Nine Inch Nails fans they should be shot, what is wrong with Shane or Bruce these days?
  • JamesSeed said:

Does Jedinak not play for Villa??
    Sorry, yes, Eriksen is at Spurs of course.
  • cfgs said:

Saw them against France and was quite impressed

Trent? What kind of name is that? Unless his parents were Nine Inch Nails fans they should be shot, what is wrong with Shane or Bruce these days?
    Named after the cricket ground where the Test team were bowled out for 60 and they conceded the highest ever ODI score this week.
  • Jedinak

Former Palace captain and stupid beard, no thanks :smile:
  • cfgs said:

Not as bad as Crocodile, as in Dundee
  • cfgs said:

And Sainsbury, named after the small supermarket located opposite Charlton station. Hmm...

Sainsbury plays in the Chinese league doesn't he? Think we'd probably have a job getting him to come to league 1 on about 4k a week
  • edited June 2018
    Players in the Aussie squad who are currently based in their home country:

Josh Risdon (started right back against France, gave away pen)
    Daniel Arzani (sub, came on 84th min)
    Dimitri Petratos (unused sub)

That's it. Can't see us signing anyone who's currently attached to either a top Asian club or European club.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Not as bad as Crocodile, as in Dundee
    He was Mick Dundee.
  • Aussie players on the fringes of their national team who are currently based in their home country:

James Troisi
    Josh Brillante
    Craig Goodwin
  • Players in the Aussie squad who are currently based in their home country:

That's it. Can't see us signing anyone who's currently attached to either a top Asian club or European club.

Looks decent!

Shame he plays for the club that's owned Man City.
  • I recorded the match. Is it worth waching?
  • JamesSeed said:

I recorded the match. Is it worth waching?

Yes, game of the world cup so far
  • shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

Troll ;-(
  • JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

Troll ;-(
    Your loss then
  • Aussie players on the fringes of their national team who are currently based in their home country:

James Troisi
    Josh Brillante
    Craig Goodwin

Josh would be a brilliant signing.

We’ve got more chance of signing Alfie Aldi
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

We’ve got more chance of signing Alfie Aldi
    Lidl chance of signing anyone at the moment.
    We should only sign players we know its the Safeway to go
  • edited June 2018
    whether Bowyer asda balls to sign an unknown I am not so sure, if he does then thats fine-fare enough, but we all know Roland is a cost-cutter
  • Bowyer just needs a lidl bit more time, but wait! Rose does too.
  • JamesSeed said:

Bowyer just needs a lidl bit more time, but wait! Rose does too.

To be fair Bowyer could be a Cool Trader, and maybe he has a few players he likes from this Iceland team
  • Danny Rose has a great chance to run into space, but Gareth Southgate is worried he'll go too soon and will be caught offside

"Wait Rose"
  • Players in the Aussie squad who are currently based in their home country:

Looks decent!

Shame he plays for the club that's owned Man City.
    Arzani, best talent from Aussie squad since Kewell according to fans and pundits. Doubt he'll stay in Australian league for long if that's the case.
  • ross1 said:

We can only sign players when management and staff co-operate

They didn’t when they let Morrison(s) go.