Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

Chizz said:

It's going to reach 1,000 pages. Isn't it?

It may well not.

Just to add an additional band of excitement to this, but we can't find any other site that uses the same platform software carrying a thread beyond 3 digit pages. So your guess is as good as ours.

Should CL spontaneously combust. It was nice knowing you all :-)
    If it does reach 1000 pages, do NLA and I get some sort of award?
    You get a demote for putting out Darren/Murray/Duchâtelet propaganda aimed at our future glorious leaders ;-)
    I gave this thread a much needed dose of realism back in October and continue to do so today
  • DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

Chizz said:

It may well not.

Just to add an additional band of excitement to this, but we can't find any other site that uses the same platform software carrying a thread beyond 3 digit pages. So your guess is as good as ours.

You get a demote for putting out Darren/Murray/Duchâtelet propaganda aimed at our future glorious leaders ;-)
    I gave this thread a much needed dose of realism back in October and continue to do so today
    Where's the winky smiley face thing?
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Chizz said:

It may well not.

Douche, what accolade could possibly brighten your existence there in the depths of your orgy of self-congratulation?
    It ruins your eyesight, you know?
    Don't try and get me back on side now - I've owned this thread, smashed it, made it my own? Nailed it? made it relevant? - if Simon cowell were judging I would be in boot camp by now about to go global
    Your to modest
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

Chizz said:

It may well not.

Where's the winky smiley face thing?
    Don't know how to do em
  • edited June 2018
    Found it
  • Nope not working
  • DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

Chizz said:

It may well not.

Are you still expecting it to be confirmed any day now?
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Chizz said:

It may well not.

Douche, what accolade could possibly brighten your existence there in the depths of your orgy of self-congratulation?
    It ruins your eyesight, you know?
    Don't try and get me back on side now - I've owned this thread, smashed it, made it my own? Nailed it? made it relevant? - if Simon cowell were judging I would be in boot camp by now about to go global
  • Sponsored links:

• 85 posts since I last looked.............

Did I mention it's no different to selling house or sweet shop?

Best thing you can do mate is move to France.
  • Swisdom said:

There isn’t a british consortium

It’s Roland or The Aussies

Those are the options

Aussies kind of speak English, with a fair dinkum twist.
  • edited June 2018

The main positive from all of this is that the Aussies could have walked at any time in the last year and bought another club, probably for less, without all the hassle that accompanies anything Duchatelet is involved in. That to me says they're desperate to own Charlton Athletic and have seen something special in us compared to other clubs.

The belgians looked at a number of clubs & chose us because they saw something special ....... our academy.

I keep asking myself over & over again why are the Australians so keen to buy us ? They're not exiled Charlton supporters. Other consortiums have walked away from the madman who owns us but they've been after us for over a year .... why ?

Don't get me wrong almost no one can be as bad as the madman I just wonder what is the appeal to the Australians ? Anyway hurry up & get the deal done & I can buy my season.
  • The main positive from all of this is that the Aussies could have walked at any time in the last year and bought another club, probably for less, without all the hassle that accompanies anything Duchatelet is involved in. That to me says they're desperate to own Charlton Athletic and have seen something special in us compared to other clubs.

The belgians looked at a number of clubs & chose us because they saw something special ....... our academy.

I keep asking myself over & over again why are the Australians so keen to buy us ? They're not exiled Charlton supporters. Other consortiums have walked away from the madman who owns us but they've been after us for over a year .... why ?
    Because they have realised what a wonderful bunch of supporters the club has
  • edited June 2018
    I'm going with a previous poster that IF there is another bidder (british) then RM is part of it. Makes sense as only he has referred to it in public although RD did also mention it to ROT....but he'll say anything to muddy the waters & also we have heard that the "British lot" were RD's preferred bidder......makes sense if he knows RM is part if it as some skeletons can remain in the cupboard & DD would be easier & supposedly too any fit & proper test. I reckon the delay is because RD wants to sell to this mob & RM, like the Aussies, is having trouble finding the funding. RD is stalling as RM had asked for more time. If RM is still at the top table when the music stops he is persona non grata in my book.
  • The main positive from all of this is that the Aussies could have walked at any time in the last year and bought another club, probably for less, without all the hassle that accompanies anything Duchatelet is involved in. That to me says they're desperate to own Charlton Athletic and have seen something special in us compared to other clubs.

Don't get me wrong almost no one can be as bad as the madman I just wonder what is the appeal to the Australians ? Anyway hurry up & get the deal done & I can buy my season.
    If you believe the statement on their website it suggests they’re gambling on taking a club that’s fallen from the Prem back there and selling for a profit.

Of course if they have other ideas such as sending over Australian players that wouldn’t necessarily be mentioned on the website.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

The main positive from all of this is that the Aussies could have walked at any time in the last year and bought another club, probably for less, without all the hassle that accompanies anything Duchatelet is involved in. That to me says they're desperate to own Charlton Athletic and have seen something special in us compared to other clubs.

If you believe the statement on their website it suggests they’re gambling on taking a club that’s fallen from the Prem back there and selling for a profit

Of course if they have other ideas such as sending over Australian players that wouldn’t necessarily be mentioned on the website.
    Ah, the exit strategy. I didn’t hear about that bit. I thought it was a long term project?
  • Can I just confirm as a bona fide British bidder to purchase the Club - a bid which has not been rejected to date (or to be fair acknowledged) - I am not part of a Consortium.

However, I am open to discussions with fellow Charlton fans if they feel they have the financial acumen to support my bid (minimum investment of £100 with some form of chocolate comestible to act as a 'sweetener' on the deal) and I would consider leading in either a partnership or alliance to rid our Club of the #BelgianBastard
  • JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

If you believe the statement on their website it suggests they’re gambling on taking a club that’s fallen from the Prem back there and selling for a profit

Ah, the exit strategy. I didn’t hear about that bit. I thought it was a long term project?
    Be nice if a consortium had a entry strategy as well as an exit strategy :-)
    Touché
  • Addickted said:

Can I just confirm as a bona fide British bidder to purchase the Club - a bid which has not been rejected to date (or to be fair acknowledged) - I am not part of a Consortium.

However, I am open to discussions with fellow Charlton fans if they feel they have the financial acumen to support my bid (minimum investment of £100 with some form of chocolate comestible to act as a 'sweetener' on the deal) and I would consider leading in either a partnership or alliance to rid our Club of the #BelgianBastard

Too rich for me.
  • JamesSeed said:

I am surprised so many rely on the so called insider knowledge of the takeover from some posters, even though every prediction up til know has either been way off on timing, entirely wrong, common knowledge already in the press or tidbits so nebulous that, whether right or wrong, they cannot be evaluated after the fact.

It's like the clock being right twice a day. Just because the claim of two o'clock is eventually correct does not mean the prediction was correct. And just because the clock struck two, does not mean the person who made the prediction deserves credit, especially when it comes literally months after the predictions were made.

The fact is, the predictions have all been wrong. And here we are almost half a year later and no one still has much of an idea wtf is going to happen or when.

Whose predictions? I've been careful not to predict anything. Just passed on what I was told, and normally added a caveat.
    Plenty of people are guessing, but where's the harm in that?
    Correct. You have not predicted anything, but you have passed on what one member of the consortium has asked you to. If it has been true or false does not matter as at least we had an insight as to one parties view.
  • Addickted said:

Can I just confirm as a bona fide British bidder to purchase the Club - a bid which has not been rejected to date (or to be fair acknowledged) - I am not part of a Consortium.

Too rich for me.
    One of the reasons why I set such a high financial requirement.

I've seen the sort of women you associate with in the Boardroom.
  • Redrobo said:

JamesSeed said:

I am surprised so many rely on the so called insider knowledge of the takeover from some posters, even though every prediction up til know has either been way off on timing, entirely wrong, common knowledge already in the press or tidbits so nebulous that, whether right or wrong, they cannot be evaluated after the fact.

It's like the clock being right twice a day. Just because the claim of two o'clock is eventually correct does not mean the prediction was correct. And just because the clock struck two, does not mean the person who made the prediction deserves credit, especially when it comes literally months after the predictions were made.

The fact is, the predictions have all been wrong. And here we are almost half a year later and no one still has much of an idea wtf is going to happen or when.

Whose predictions? I've been careful not to predict anything. Just passed on what I was told, and normally added a caveat.
    Plenty of people are guessing, but where's the harm in that?
    Correct. You have not predicted anything, but you have passed on what one member of the consortium has asked you to. If it has been true or false does not matter as at least we had an insight as to one parties view.
    But he posted it on more than one social media site which is unforgivable
  • jams said:

JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

It may well not.

Booooooooo
    Remember the millennium bug? No, because there wasn’t one. I’m looking forward to page 2000 ;-(
    What about 10,000?
    Are you setting up a Target 10K group?
    Bring back KM, that’ll help this thread reach 10K
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!