Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blondie gig at Charlton?

edited June 2018 in Not Sports Related
I just happened to find the NME from 20/05/1978. It never happened. Has there been a gig between The Who in the 70s and Elton John in the 2000s?

Comments

• Not that I'm aware...

PS My name will be in the staff box of that issue!
  • Blondie has been touring for at least 2 years as a bit part of Brian Wilson's shows.
  • edited June 2018

I’ve seen some people resuscitate old threads on here, but a 40 year old copy of the NME?

now, if it had been a train timetable, or trainspotters guide, then we would be cooking.
  • I’ve seen some people resuscitate old threads on here, but a 40 year old copy of the NME?

Ah yes, I remember it well :smiley:
  • I’ve seen some people resuscitate old threads on here, but a 40 year old copy of the NME?

In my defence, I was sorting them out to give to a guy who is opening a new music venue.
  • edited June 2018
    I wanted see Diana Ross at the Valley. She could strike a mean football.
  • Saga Lout said:

I just happened to find the NME from 20/05/1978. It never happened. Has there been a gig between The Who in the 70s and Elton John in the 2000s?

Did The Who play at The Valley then?
  • Don’t forget ‘The Real Thing’ who performed before a game during our Premier League era.
  • Gotta say that is a brilliant find.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Saga Lout said:

I found another old magazine and, to my amazement, they did! How is that I have never heard about that before? Despite the fact that I was at the 2nd of their 2 gigs.
  • Saga Lout said:

Riviera said:

Saga Lout said:

I found another old magazine and, to my amazement, they did! How is that I have never heard about that before? Despite the fact that I was at the 2nd of their 2 gigs.
    Probably drugs related?
  • edited June 2018
    Went to both Who concerts - my goodness that seems a long time ago now !