Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Caretaker manager Lee Bowyer on signing players and pre-season starting

Comments

• I really fear for us with the thinking that 3 outfield players and a keeper is enough, I really hope he is talking about 4 proper purchases, and taken the 4/5 loans in on top of that as a given because the rigors of a 46 game season is not something you should underestimate.
  • I really fear for us with the thinking that 3 outfield players and a keeper is enough, I really hope he is talking about 4 proper purchases, and taken the 4/5 loans in on top of that as a given because the rigors of a 46 game season is not something you should underestimate.

Unfortunately I feel that this agreement with Rolly says more about the timeline of the takeover than anything else. Bows will be able to sign 4 and then we will fill in with loans but probably after the transfer window has shut.
  • All sounds too familiar. We all know that suspensions and injuries will stretch even the strongest squad - hasn't it done so virtually every season under Duchatelet's ownership.
    The smaller squad he proposes will be suicidal over the course of the 50 plus games we will be expected to be competitive in during 2018/2019.
    If the takeover does progress, Bowyer has already set his stall out, so any new owner will stick with the managers plans.
    So we cannot expect too many new arrivals even if we rid ourselves of the deluded Belgian.
    Not much to look forward to either way.
  • So a goalie, striker and one who is a bit hit and miss because of the position he plays?
  • Why isn't there any mention of JJ in this??
  • He’s in a difficult position. He has to be positive and probably feels that he’s not far from getting us up. It doesn’t make what he says easy when he is probably ambitious.

He's the caretaker CFO.

He's one of the 4 new players we're signing
    Bowyer putting his boots back on as well.
  • JJ will get his 500th appearance no problem next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Please remember, LB is restricted in what he can say via the website.
  • So a goalie, striker and one who is a bit hit and miss because of the position he plays?

1+1+1=3. So also another target. I would guess that the Aussies have agreed to the players Bows is after and the sales. They may also have a plan to fill the gaps. Time will tell.
  • Was it Bowyer who also promised us promotion through the play offs last season cause we were better than every other team in the division.?

I support him, but his statements, for a manager, do come across as incredibly naive at times IMO.
  • Redrobo said:

I really fear for us with the thinking that 3 outfield players and a keeper is enough, I really hope he is talking about 4 proper purchases, and taken the 4/5 loans in on top of that as a given because the rigors of a 46 game season is not something you should underestimate.

Unfortunately I feel that this agreement with Rolly says more about the timeline of the takeover than anything else. Bows will be able to sign 4 and then we will fill in with loans but probably after the transfer window has shut.
    AFAIK the only people you can sign after the transfer window are players who are unattached.
  • Please remember, LB is restricted in what he can say via the website.

then why say anything at all. Just like RM....makes you look stupid months down the road when you are proved wrong.

RB has never been the brightest button in the box but it doesn't take a genius to work out that if we've lost last seasons loanees (5) sold Konsa (6) lost Kashi (7) have Clarke & Solly still injured (9) and LB saying that he is happy for another 4 leave (13).....that just 4 coming in isn't going to be enough. we've had this season after season, but this is beyond parody. The fact that we all know RD doesn't spend money & certainly not when he is selling up then LB has no chance of bringing in anyone half decent & is a bigger fool than Robinson & Slade put together if he thinks he is. Not many players in this league let their contracts run out......they are not Messi or Neymar.
  • You’ve got to admire his chutzpah but I can’t help thinking if Robinson was saying those things he’d be getting a awful lot of stuck for being delusional and full of shit.
  • desperately need a LB cant count on page all season.

Need a CB if Lennon goes as would leave Sarr, Pearce Bauer

Plus Keeper so that only leaves one postion left for 4 in.
  • edited June 2018
    You can add 2 strikers, 2 CM, a LM and 2 CBs,

If your serious about promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

• This shows a lack of experience in my view. You don’t win promotion with a small squad.

Glad to see the club is taking notice of my messages.
    Now where the fuck is Rowland upto with selling the club!!!!
  • Valley11 said:

This shows a lack of experience in my view. You don’t win promotion with a small squad.

I’m not sure we should read too much into it. Bowyer would be criticised if he talked about say 8 signings then only made 3 or 4. Why build up fan expectations - if RD is still here he’s not going to let him bring in 5-10 signings.

If the takeover goes through I can see that number changing.

Sounds exciting huh ?
  • Hit and miss = winger.
  • So according to bowyer the side next season will be. something like

New Gk
    Page
    Dijksteel
    Bauer
    Pearce
    Tariq Fosu
    JFC
    Aribo
    New player
    New Player
    Big mag

Subs
    Solly
    Clarke
    Ajose
    New player
    KAG (if not locked up)
    Sarr
    Dillion Phillips

Feel like I must of missed one or two but if bowyer thinks that is a top 2 squad then all I can say is these new players must be something special
  • Hit and miss = winger.

Different type of cockney rhyming slang. Then again it depends on the player. He could be hit and miss.
  • CH4RLTON said:

So according to bowyer the side next season will be. something like

New Gk
    Page
    Dijksteel
    Bauer
    Pearce
    Tariq Fosu
    JFC
    Aribo
    New player
    New Player
    Big mag

Subs
    Solly
    Clarke
    Ajose
    New player
    KAG (if not locked up)
    Sarr
    Dillion Phillips

Feel like I must of missed one or two but if bowyer thinks that is a top 2 squad then all I can say is these new players must be something special

Sorry just relised I missed Reeves and posisbly Vetokele
  • CH4RLTON said:

CH4RLTON said:

So according to bowyer the side next season will be. something like

New Gk
    Page
    Dijksteel
    Bauer
    Pearce
    Tariq Fosu
    JFC
    Aribo
    New player
    New Player
    Big mag

Subs
    Solly
    Clarke
    Ajose
    New player
    KAG (if not locked up)
    Sarr
    Dillion Phillips

Sorry just relised I missed Reeves and posisbly Vetokele
    Marshall