Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Teams you hate international edition

With the world cup in full flow and in the spirit of the football teams you hate thread, what (if any) international team really grinds your gears and why?

It's perhaps a bit irrashional and biased on the last Euro's but for me it's Iceland - To me they are the Stoke of international football. I know its effective for them and they are a small team and all but to me it's anti-football all the time from them and they are a horrible and uninspiring team to watch. The silly hhhuuughhh chant their fans do is cringe and I bloody hate it.

Tunisia after the other night went way down in my estimations, cheating, time wasting and 10 men behind the ball for 85 minutes is not becoming of a nearly top 20 team in the world rankings - i suspect their true level is at least 50 places lower. I hope Belgium put 6 past them and Panama kick them off the park.

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Saudi Arabia.

Oh yes

And The Hun, obviously.
  • Scotland
  • Australia in any sport. Convict Bastards.
    The Germans.
    The Jocks.
  • Argentina and Portugal. Scummy.
  • Scotland

I forgot all about Scotland - i wonder if they will ever qualify for another tournament again?
  • Wales
    Scotland
    Germany
    Brazil
  • You shouldn't judge a whole nation on one person, but watching Suarez rolling about the other night was enough for me to will Uruguay to lose.
  • edited June 2018
    JohnBoyUK said:

Australia in any sport. Convict Bastards.
    The Germans.
    The Jocks.

This. 100%

And anyone England are playing at the time. So Sunday - hate Panama, next Thursday - hate the Belgians. Especially "our" one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Grown out of disliking Germany, I just envy their ability to keep churning out generation after generation of trophy winning sides. Would be nice to knock 'em out of a tournament during my lifetime though.

Quite enjoy Australia getting beaten.

I don't subscribe to the big brother/little brother relationship with Scotland and Wales - they love seeing us get beat so sod 'em, enjoy watching it on the telly lads! Don't apply the same rationale to Northern Ireland though.

USA - stick to your own weird sports please. Also, American women are a nightmare in my experience!

Saudi Arabia - dubious nation.

Other than that, I like pretty much everyone and usually try and watch a few games in the expat bars in London.
  • Tunisia - after Monday
    Argentina
    Germany
    Wales
    Scotland
    Turkey
  • Japan, South Korea, for obvious reasons.

Used to dislike Portugal as they knocked England out a couple times in the World Cup/European Cup.

Germany because too many people here pretend to be football fans by 'supporting' the champions. Plus whenever a major tournament comes around there'll be a lot of girls on social media posting photos of German players and writing silly things about how good-looking the German squad is. And a lot of them think the head coach of Germany is handsome. Ridiculous...
  • Portugual

Take out Ronaldo and they would be lucky to get out of group.

Other top teams have players who can step up if the top guy is missing, portugual dont.

If Messi underperformes Aguero or Higuain step up.

If Neymar underperformes, Coutinho or Jesus will step up.

Porrugual are the embodyment of a 1 man team

There could also be another reason I hate Portugual @ForeverAddickted
  • Don't ask why...hates;

Poland, Germany, Portugal, Sweden,Belgium, france

Likes;

Denmark, Argentina, Brazil, Netherlands, + most of the underdogs

• Japan, South Korea, for obvious reasons.

Used to dislike Portugal as they knocked England out a couple times in the World Cup/European Cup.

Germany because too many people here pretend to be football fans by 'supporting' the champions. Plus whenever a major tournament comes around there'll be a lot of girls on social media posting photos of German players and writing silly things about how good-looking the German squad is. And a lot of them think the head coach of Germany is handsome. Ridiculous...

What are the obvious reasons for South Korea?
    Japan I understand if it's to do with history.
  • England
    France
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Australia in any sport. Convict Bastards.
    The Germans.
    The Jocks.

This. 100%

And anyone England are playing at the time. So Thursday - hate Panama, Sunday - hate the Belgians. Especially "our" one.
    We play Panama on Sunday
  • Not a fan of Spain - just seem very pompous

Scotland obviously, Wales I'm not fussed about as i know very few Welsh people.

Ireland do grind on me. Not anti Ireland at all, but they do have such a problem with England. Not keen on all this bull about how they have great fans etc.
  • Ireland and Brazil
  • I usually want Germany to lose, but have a begrudging respect for them.
    Used to really like Netherlands but really hated the 2010 team and I don't think they've recovered.
    Don't like Italy - too negative. And it is just the national team - I like Italy as a country and most Italians I've met.
    Portugal. One man team, too much play-acting

Don't really care about Tunisia and expect most of us won't in a few years time. Reminded me a bit of Shrewsbury, fortunately England were more Rotherham than Charlton. Similar standard refereeing though :(

Don't dislike Wales or NI. Don't really hate Scotland, but still want them to lose, which they usually manage without any help.

• Republic of Ireland, because my Grandad was from there and he was a complete cunt.

At least he was from Ireland - I remember when most of their team was born in england, and qualified through having owned a budgie called Mick.
    to be fair, Andy Townsend was from the Irish quarter of Bexleyheath
  • Ireland, tinkers...
  • edited June 2018
    ireland/scotland/wales i dont care about, what gets me is the whole anti english stuff, they could only dream of getting to and dissapointing in major competitions.

its the fans of ireland who are annoying the constant videos of the boys having the craic was tedious at euro 2016, roy keane was spot on that until that mentality changes that they are there for a laugh they will never progress.

a lot of these african sides im not liking constantly rolling around the floor and looking for fouls just pissing me off now, thankfully egypt and morocco are now gone and hopefully soon to be saudi arabia.