Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking at Gatwick

I'm off for a few days next week and need to park at Gatwick as that's where I'm flying from. It's been a long time since I went to their airport car parks and I looked at booking online in advance and if that's what one wants to do there are, literally, tens of companies offering it. The prices vary, significantly, as do the 'service' they offer.

In the past I'm sure it was £8 a day for parking, but that will have changed. As I'm only going away for three days I think it might be cheaper to pay on the day I come home but as no-one publishes the day rate I can't tell for sure.

Has anyone been in one of the long star car parks recent;y than can tell me what it would cost please?

Thanks.

Comments

• recently did tue-fri in long stay at Gatwick South, think it was £40ish.

Ridiculously easy, bus no more than a couple of mins wait at either end and only on the bus for 5 mins max
  • bookings.gatwickairport.com
    4th June 6am - 11th June 18.00: Long Stay South - 7 days = £77; Long Stay North - 7 days = £80.10.
    Have fun!
  • Going tomorrow North terminal, back Tuesday early doors £52 in long stay pre-booked. As AFKA says, buses really frequent (even early hours of morning)

Worth keeping your eyes open for deals - couple of years ago I did Valet park for a 2 week trip (drop off in short stay car park, they move car to long stay and then return your car to reserved spaces in short stay by the lifts in time for your return flight) and it only cost a fiver more than the equivalent in the long stay
  • As above, you can get some good deals parking using valet or short stay car park...all on the gatwick airport website... personally prefer to pay a bit more to be able to walk in to departures...hate waiting for that bloody bus....
  • edited May 2016
    Look online for deals. Sites like groupon often have deals.

On the topic of airport parking I was at Stanstead this weekend. Parking £30 per 24hrs and £3 just to use the drop off lane! Piss takers.
  • Used Cophall parking last week and cost £37 including the transfer to the terminal. Really good service for a decent price.
  • I use purpleparking.
  • Always use Sofitel at Gatwick and walk across the road. ;)
  • Park in Pine Gardens in Horley for free, get a cab for a fiver to Gatwick. Source: used to live in Pine Gardens and people - including my friends - do this all the time. It's a safe enough area and if you're in a bay, nobody can do a thing about it. Not that anybody ever kept track of who owned what car.
  • Holidayextras.com are sometimes cheaper.
  • Sponsored links:

Ridiculously easy, bus no more than a couple of mins wait at either end and only on the bus for 5 mins max

Did you book that or just pay when you drove out?
  • I swear by APH comes up cheapest in searches used for years never any problems
  • in my experience much cheaper if you book in advance
  • Ace Parking meet and greet
  • In the past I have used Meet & Greet deals at Gatwick. This year ( 3rd May - 10th May ) used the official on- airport long stay park with Ace parking at a surprisingly cheap price of £44. But you must book in advance - much cheaper. I used a couple of parking comparison sites.
  • I park on an industrial site at a place called 'Niblocks'. They rent the spaces outside their shed for c£25 a week then I pay £6 for a cab each way. Job done. They advertise on eBay which is where I found them.

Did you book that or just pay when you drove out?
    In advance, about a month. Paid £42.

• @kings hill addick better off parking in a residential road in Horley next door and taking the numer 100 or 200 bus to the airport
  • hate waiting for that bloody bus....

Only done it couple of times last six years but I actually enjoy it, feels like the start of the holiday !
  • edited May 2016

hate waiting for that bloody bus....

Only done it couple of times last six years but I actually enjoy it, feels like the start of the holiday !
    Did it at Heathrow at the start of the month after staying in the Heathrow Hilton inc parking before(what a toilet) this time we parked in the ready to go car park free bus and 12 nights parking 63quid, last bus I got on was the 53 to Bloomfield school. Like you say good fun....

• Sponsored links:

• We did the North Terminal Long Stay two weeks ago, parking on Friday morning (for an 8.10 am flight to Lyon) and picking up on Saturday afternoon at around 2.30 (so, in effect, three days). Very simple all round and £37 for a very efficient service. Book in advance online for a chunky discount.

As others have said, you only need to allow 5 or 10 minutes for the buses to the terminal and I like the open air parking arrangement as well. Highly recommended.
  • How about stay night before at one of the hotels as they throw in free parking for your duration.
  • edited May 2016
    yeah as @MrOneLung suggested we usually stay night before especially if early flight had a 7.35 to lanzarote in november i think 8 days parking and an overnight stay was £59.00
  • yeah as @MrOneLung suggested we usually stay night before especially if early flight had a 7.35 to lanzarote in november i think 8 days parking and an overnight stay was £59.00

Which hotel was this?

• that was the hilton which is connected to the airport price were per person, and i didnt think it was too bad a taxi from where i live is £45.00 each way so an extra £28.00 a nice hotel and ease of having own car when you get back i think its worth it
  • Looking into parking there when we go away in August but there's so many bloody options. Anyone done it recently and have any recommendations?
  • Looking into parking there when we go away in August but there's so many bloody options. Anyone done it recently and have any recommendations?

I've always parked in the Official long stay car park with no issues. Might find a few discount codes online, earlier you do it the better the price in my experience.
  • I stay at the Sofitel hotel outside the North Terminal, it's about £230 including parking and a nights stay. Takes away all the worry of being late when you arrive the day before.
  • Flying from Gatwick to The Algarve for 10 days next month. Booked with Purple parking (Cophall Parking). Buses to the airport every few minutes. All very efficient in my experience. £69.
  • As per BRE, I always use the official one.