Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oh Ay Oh, We’ve lost Ahmed Kashi

edited June 2018 in General Charlton
Confirmed by Bowyer as just seen a tweet from Cawley on SLP

Comments

• Least surprising departure of the summer
  • edited June 2018
    Disappointed yes. Surprised no.
  • This close season just keeps getting worse by the day.
  • Overrated imo. But a blow as we'll probably have to rely on youngsters to replace him
  • Always wanted a new CM to come in to compete with Aribo, Dijksteel and JFC. Of course would prefer Kashi to a shite loan or an untried youngster as he was a decent player, but won't be as much of a loss as either Bauer or Fosu IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not too bothered. Kashi had an average season at best and I have to be honest and say thst I assume we were paying him Championship wages.
  • Time for Aribo and Djicksteel to take their chance, i believe they are more than up to it.

Except, unfortunately, the only chance they will be looking to take will be that to get out of Dodge...

Sad to see Kashi leave so easily, because of what that says about the level of ambition of the club at the moment (IMHO).

Life is a bit sh1te more often than I would like.
  • The lyrics to the song will have to change
  • cabbles said:

The lyrics to the song will have to change

we got Foster Caskey he is better than Kashi.
  • SDAddick said:

Never get those who don't rate him. Think he's a class above. Would be better suited to the Championship where you can play a bit more football. Unfortunately we're still in League One.

One of the best signings of the Roland era, which is a low bar. I'm sad to see him go as I've always really liked him.

He'd be decent Midfielder if he could master the art of a 10 yd forward pass, switch a ball, and tackle without making a foul in dangerous positions.
  • SDAddick said:

Never get those who don't rate him. Think he's a class above. Would be better suited to the Championship where you can play a bit more football. Unfortunately we're still in League One.

One of the best signings of the Roland era, which is a low bar. I'm sad to see him go as I've always really liked him.

He'd be decent Midfielder if he could master the art of a 10 yd forward pass, switch a ball, and tackle without making a foul in dangerous positions.
    I think he has a broader range of passing than we saw. I think his role for much of the season was to help build from the back and not give the ball way, which he did. Agree that at times he was reckless with fouls in bad areas, but there were also so many times when he stopped attacks coming at us.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I think he has a broader range of passing than we saw. I think his role for much of the season was to help build from the back and not give the ball way, which he did. Agree that at times he was reckless with fouls in bad areas, but there were also so many times when he stopped attacks coming at us.
    He improved when KR left as he didn't have to play the 'Kashi Role'

Our best performance I see of the season and he wasn't in it the side, Northampton Away, neither was Da Silva.
  • Not a surprise, and if the squad weren't so terribly thin it wouldn't be such a loss. He didn't seem to be half the player he was before the long term injury and to me, he always seemed to be giving the ball away cheaply and conceding needless fouls in dangerous positions. I suppose it was an occupational hazard of the position he played but he just struck me as too often clumsy in the tackle.
  • wasn't the same after his injury. No great loss.
  • Unless you are offered more money to stay, you will go if you know you can get better terms elsewhere. Common sense
  • edited June 2018
    Hardly a surprise- he’s 30 later this year. He’s not going to stay at a league 1 club. Let alone one that is in the mess that we are.
  • Croydon said:

Every time we lose a quality player it's a;; "overrated" and "average at best".

I appreciate that this is a coping mechanism for some of you but we are a much better squad with Kashi in.

No coping mechanism here.....average player whose first thought is to go backwards & his second is to go sideways. Shouldn't have had a central midfield pairing of him & JFC and we looked a lot better with Aribo in there instead.

Not sad to see him go but would be if Aribo then went too.
  • Sage said:

Know someone who spoke to him regularly, Kashi’s mind was made up by the end of March if we didn’t go up. No one had even approached him about a new deal.

Not surprised at all but a shame as he is a classy footballer.

Didn't I read after the semi-final loss away to Shrewsbury, that Kashi went round saying his goodbyes to everyone?

• Not a massive loss to be fair
  • Hardly a surprise- he’s 30 later this year. He’s not going to stay at a league 1 club. Let alone one that is in the mess that we are.

IMO Kashi gave us pretty good value this year.

He was asked to sit at DM and pass the ball out, under Robinson's 'passing sideways crab football' game plan.
    That wasn't his fault. Playing to instructions is what a pro footballer is expected to do.

Before the season started, nobody was really sure if we'd see Kashi again.
    But he played more or less every game for 90 minutes and proved his fitness.

When in February he got injured, Robinson declared that "Kashi was likely to be out for the rest of the season", but once Bowyer was appointed caretaker manager, Kashi soon declared himself fit and played a different role in midfield.

Kashi has proved his fitness, proved to be a reliable member of the team and is out of contract.
    There may be family reasons meaning maybe a return to France? In any case, at approaching 30, he probably thinks he's got one last chance to earn a good contract at a decent level.

Can't blame him. Short career being a footballer.