Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Cup 2018 - Betting thread

Comments

• I believe you don't have to answer every question.
    Could just miss that and wait for the next one.
  • edited June 2018
    im literally on chat with them checking that now lol

every other q of this type has been up to 34 minutes id be all over it if it was that
  • The question will just be selected based on the odds. So whichever bet has a yes/no answer where both are 5/6

But I only picked the first question each day, due to work, so question 1 for me was Russia/SA, question 2 Egypt/Uruguay and question 3 France/Australia
    So you ca definitely miss games out
  • yeah just been confirmed - I know you aren't going to get any real gimmie questions but I think i'll wait this one out at least - that's the good thing about the WC I guess you are always going to have another question fairly soon after.

For the record and feel free to all laugh at me bottling it I would have gone all in no if it was the case that I had to pick.
  • Lost 75% on question 1
    Lost 75% on question 2
    Lost 75% on question 3

How to go from a million to 15k in 3 simple steps

Forgot I'd done the Serbia game, just logged in to find out I've lost 75% on question 4 too, good times.
  • yeah just been confirmed - I know you aren't going to get any real gimmie questions but I think i'll wait this one out at least - that's the good thing about the WC I guess you are always going to have another question fairly soon after.

For the record and feel free to all laugh at me bottling it I would have gone all in no if it was the case that I had to pick.

In your honour I've gone all in on YES
    after 4 questions I'm already down to less than 3k cos I'm brilliant

judging by my predictions record on the world cup thread that is a wise choice lol good luck mate

judging by my predictions record on the world cup thread that is a wise choice lol good luck mate
    Well if my record continues I'll be wrong again but at least you'll look good that you got it right.
  • yeah but then i'll be kicking myself that I didn't go all in lol i'm hoping for a Hazard first minute screamer just for you!
  • fuck it I've gone all in 1 million on yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Gone for >3.5 goals in Belgium/Panama now Ive seen their team
  • I`ll be honest I have held 100K back just in case
  • I may have fucked up quite significantly here....
  • oh well onto the next - England Tunisia will there be a goal in both halves?

100k yes all the way. Closed the app and not even going to look at it again before the game - I literally changed my mind 5 times on the last one.
  • Not quite mastered this betting malarkey.

Had a balance of 65 in my account (50 in bet credits).

Did 10 on England at 4/9
    Did my free bet 10 in play on England at 4/9

Returned 8.90 in total.

So now after winning two bets I have a lower balance (64) than I started with!!

Did 10 on England at 4/9

Returned 8.90 in total.

More of it should be in real cash, that you can withdraw.

Did 10 on England at 4/9

Returned 8.90 in total.

More of it should be in real cash, that you can withdraw.
    I’ve had online accounts for about 7 years and never made one withdrawal!
  • edited June 2018

Not quite mastered this betting malarkey.

Did 10 on England at 4/9

Returned 8.90 in total.

when you win a bet you get the original stake back as well as whatever the odds were so for example if you are using real money on a 4/9 you would have got the £4 something win plus the original tenner back, so £14 in total, but with a tenner free bet you don't get the £10 stake back, just the 4 quid.

• edited June 2018
    columbia being the ones to pay for bookies bonuses, fucking useless.

did a qaulify for round of 16 bet and included japan unfortunately picked nigeria aswell who are the epitome of lazy and shit.
  • Have to say that I didn't think Colombia would be as strong as they were four years ago but I expected them to have enough to beat Japan.
  • Sponsored links:

• they look terrible, i was afraid england might get through and face them.
  • To be fair they were at a double handicap immediately after the red card and the pen - they did bloody well in the first half and had their chances to nick a draw as well.

Anyway i'm up to question 8 on my paddy power drop got 100K next question Senegal Poland will they be drawing at half time? Any CL wisdom guys? i'm thinking yes we are well due a nil all...
  • To be fair they were at a double handicap immediately after the red card and the pen - they did bloody well in the first half and had their chances to nick a draw as well.

Anyway i'm up to question 8 on my paddy power drop got 100K next question Senegal Poland will they be drawing at half time? Any CL wisdom guys? i'm thinking yes we are well due a nil all...

Mane and lewandovski will fancy it
  • England 13/8 with SkyBet to get a penalty. Could the officials look to make it up to us?
  • Had a fiver on Kane to score 1st in a 2-1 win @ 35/1 the other night and was all intend to withdraw the lot and quit ahead.

Put my back out running up the stairs at the station yesterday so am bored shitless sitting at home now will my feet up and am looking for a nice treble to put on today's games.

Bet 365 are offering 22/1 for a penalty to be awarded in all 3 games. Half tempted...
  • i've gone for over 2.5 goals in each game pays are 5.3/1
  • England 13/8 with SkyBet to get a penalty. Could the officials look to make it up to us?

this isnt bad no offence to panama but IF we play well we will be too much for them and lack of experience could lead to some fouls.
  • Portugal btts and win might be worth a punt . 3/1 most places. Rekon they'll concede 1 at least
  • edited June 2018

England 13/8 with SkyBet to get a penalty. Could the officials look to make it up to us?

Think that would be the worst thing they can do if they are really trying to make VAR work - it shouldn't be used as a tool for punishing OR rewarding it's supposed to be about getting decisions right, not manufacturing decisions to make up for previous mistakes.

They need to investigate the 2 decisions, find out what went wrong and fix it. They need to do this publicly and transparently. If this was a case of stubbornness from the ref refusing to correct his decision then he needs to be sent home immediately. Then there needs to be a clear and public instruction from FIFA to remaining refs that they need to utilise the tools they have and understand that stubbornly refusing to entertain the possibility that they may have got a decision wrong or missed something will not be tolerated in this competition.

If it was that VAR missed it then they need to explain how that could have happened - not having "enough time" is not a good enough excuse however if it was due to the ref refusing to hold up play for them to check properly then this needs to be publicly acknowledged and again the ref needs sending home.

Giving us a dodgy penalty in the next game will not restore any confidence in the system it will do quite the opposite even if England do "deserve" a call in their favour.
  • Portugal to win, Portugal to score first, Portugal to have more corners, Morocco to have more cards.

Uruguay to win both halves, Suarez to score, Uruguay most corners, Saudi Arabia most cards

Spain to win, 3+ goals in game, 2+ cards, 9+ corners

280/1 treble