Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Five mentions of WIOTOS
  • Options

We are a League One club - Over 27k posts, over 3m views. That is amazing. I know it can be frustrating but take a step back. We ought to be proud of those numbers!

You reckon?

20% of this thread is leaks from ITK posters, 30% is people arguing about those posters, 10% is the ITK posters arguing about whose source is the clevererest ever, and the other 40% is fucking fish puns. The only thing I'm proud of is that I haven't literally set my laptop on fire
    you forgot the 5% about pot noodles

Furious to have been away when the Oasis puns were in full flow. But as I tell myself, don't look back in anger
    This thread is certainly going to live forever in the memory.
  • Options
    Everyone moaning about this thread will miss it when it is gone, actually nobody will.
  • Options

Five mentions of WIOTOS

And still no promote
  • Options
    920 pages

Onward to 1000

Long live the takeover thread
    Long live the takeover
    Long live WIOTOS
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Everyone moaning about this thread will miss it when it is gone, actually nobody will.

Don't recognise that Oasis song.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Message from my Aussie contact:

‘We're still working away at it mate. Be patient my friend.‘

I make that very good news.

It’s almost impossible to be patient now considering this has been ongoing since January!

Have you been given a deadline date of when it’s supposed to be completed?
  • Options
    Rothko said:

This
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Five mentions of WIOTOS

105 mentions of this thread getting to 1000 pages
  • Options

920 pages

Onward to 1000

Long live the takeover thread
    Long live the takeover
    Long live WIOTOS

I think I will have slit my wrists before it gets to 1,000 pages!
  • Options

We are a League One club - Over 27k posts, over 3m views. That is amazing. I know it can be frustrating but take a step back. We ought to be proud of those numbers!

You reckon?

20% of this thread is leaks from ITK posters, 30% is people arguing about those posters, 10% is the ITK posters arguing about whose source is the clevererest ever, and the other 40% is fucking fish puns. The only thing I'm proud of is that I haven't literally set my laptop on fire

Furious to have been away when the Oasis puns were in full flow. But as I tell myself, don't look back in anger
    Whatever. Some Might Say this takeover talk has gone on for far too long. I just hope the Aussies Don't Go Away, because Roland will probably Live Forever and then we're fucked.
    I hope they Talk Tonight, the takeover will go through and then we can listen to the Aussies' Masterplan.
  • Options

You reckon?

Whatever. Some Might Say this takeover talk has gone on for far too long. I just hope the Aussies Don't Go Away, because Roland will probably Live Forever and then we're fucked.
    I hope they Talk Tonight, the takeover will go through and then we can listen to the Aussies' Masterplan.
    REALLY.NOT.FUNNY.
  • Options
    James Do you know how long it is goingt o take?
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

JamesSeed said:

Message from my Aussie contact:

‘We're still working away at it mate. Be patient my friend.‘

I make that very good news.

It’s almost impossible to be patient now considering this has been ongoing since January!

Have you been given a deadline date of when it’s supposed to be completed?
    Two years they've been at it mate. Imagine how that must feel. And they've only met Duchatelet in the last week. That can't have been easy.

And no, they haven't told me anything about a deadline date, maybe because when they did they were over optimistic.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

You reckon?

REALLY.NOT.FUNNY.
    Chill
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

James Do you know how long it is goingt o take?

No, no one does. Can't be long though, surely!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

negotiations ongoing, could happen any day but not necessarily the aussies

How is that an update based on what RM told the trust ?
    i know but i was bored
    That's almost a flag isn't it?
    Possibly although no different to your update really
    Poor old you.
    Relax jimmy - I got an update yesterday and it was no different to what I was told 10 days ago other than it could happen any day, which it couldn't have, 10 days ago. Doesn't mean it will. People can believe it or not, up to them, just passing on what I have been told, like you. Probably shouldn't have bothered yesterday as no real change but if nothing else, confirms negotiations still ongoing, like your side have said. I could have added 10 days ago that I was told there are still 2 consortiums, aussies and brits negotiating, aussies trying to reduce on price previously agreed as think they have roly over a barrel now and serious doubts about how they will finance things going forwards but knew I would have been hit by a barrage of sniping, disbelief and general aggravation, which may or may not have been justified. Doesn't mean what I post isn't a genuine account of what i've been told even if I do indulge in a bit of wind uppery at the same time sometimes, which I hold my hands up to. I'm not an information service, i'm a message board poster.
    Not saying it's not true but why are they trying to buy a football club if they have serious doubts how they'll finance things going fowards? What's the point?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

i know but i was bored
    Poor old you.
    Relax jimmy - I got an update yesterday and it was no different to what I was told 10 days ago other than it could happen any day, which it couldn't have, 10 days ago. Doesn't mean it will. People can believe it or not, up to them, just passing on what I have been told, like you. Probably shouldn't have bothered yesterday as no real change but if nothing else, confirms negotiations still ongoing, like your side have said. I could have added 10 days ago that I was told there are still 2 consortiums, aussies and brits negotiating, aussies trying to reduce on price previously agreed as think they have roly over a barrel now and serious doubts about how they will finance things going forwards but knew I would have been hit by a barrage of sniping, disbelief and general aggravation, which may or may not have been justified. Doesn't mean what I post isn't a genuine account of what i've been told even if I do indulge in a bit of wind uppery at the same time sometimes, which I hold my hands up to. I'm not an information service, i'm a message board poster.
    It's all about you.
    Not interested.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

i know but i was bored
    Poor old you.
    Not saying it's not true but why are they trying to buy a football club if they have serious doubts how they'll finance things going fowards? What's the point?
    no idea
  • Options
    Rothko said:

We're being taken over by muppets now?

Thought they were already here.......
  • Options
    please don't tell me Murray is part of a British Consortium? He started this shit when he appointed Dowie when he lost his head...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!