Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Foxes

To cut a long story short I've got foxes in our garden and they are driving the dogs crazy of a night.

I can't lock my dogs away from the back windows as this is part of their job.

I know they must be dealt with humanly but past giving a shit tbh.

Any tips on how to stop them (yes I know don't leave food out) they are not living in the garden but here every night scavenging.

Getting beyond a joke.

Cheers.

Comments

• There used to be stuff....i think it was called renadine or something like that, unfortunately it was banned. Strong pepper may work, also one of those things that flash lights and give of a high pitched sound, though humans can't hear it....good luck anyway.
  • Bit of carpet gripper on top of fences,out buildings etc...seems to have done the trick for me,little bleeders don't like stepping on that stuff...at least after the 1st time anyways...;)
  • Piss everywhere
  • Daddy_Pig said:

There are guys who will capture them and release them elsewhere. Problem is foxes are territorial and once a territory is available another will move in. The only option you have is to keep them out of your garden which is then influenced by the size of your garden, fences/walls etc.

We have a problem with cats messing in our garden. Our garden has a 6ft fence all around so what I have done is grown fast growing roses at points around the garden and trained them along wires along the top of the fence. Stops the cats comong in the garden, its good for the pollinators and the birds, smells and looks lovely and really matures the garden. Also Mummy Pig thinks that they were grown out of a desire to show my affection for her which every spring when they flower reduces the number of night time headaches she gets.

Ive worked our what cat belongs to what garden.
    I know lob the cat shit back in thier garden.
  • edited June 2018
    Have you tried asking them nicely to leave?
  • charltonJ said:

Piss everywhere

I honestly have tried this and only keeping up as its the world cup and I'm drinking 8 beers a day.

Carpet gripper being purchased as we speak.

It's a big garden.
  • We had a great thread on this recently. Ask Red in SE8 about his experiences there
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

We had a great thread on this recently. Ask Red in SE8 about his experiences there

Yeah kind of recall but couldn't search on my phone.
  • Hire Ranieri, he will get them playing and they will win the premier league.
  • Just poison the little fuckers

I have dogs and the risk is too much.

You cant do that in 2018.
    F@ck me we banned balloons for the pompey game
  • Do you still live in Charlton?
  • Welling mate
  • charltonJ said:

Piss everywhere

Only if you live in Croydon !!!
  • Buy a lion that pisses everywhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mediation between the dogs and foxes?
  • To cut a long story short I've got foxes in our garden and they are driving the dogs crazy of a night.

I can't lock my dogs away from the back windows as this is part of their job.

I know they must be dealt with humanly but past giving a shit tbh.

Any tips on how to stop them (yes I know don't leave food out) they are not living in the garden but here every night scavenging.

Getting beyond a joke.

Cheers.

Same as my house mate I let the dog out the other night to do what is natural she caught up with one of the two and gave it enoughof a scare that we are now two nights free
  • The fox in our garden is about the size of english bull terrier, its fecking huge.

I've got a jack Russell and a lurcher, they are great guard dogs but reckon if the fox has a go back they'd shit it.

Every night, 1am and 4am they go bloody garrity.

I work nights until 2am and it's killing me.
  • Leuth said:

We had a great thread on this recently. Ask Red in SE8 about his experiences there

Yeah kind of recall but couldn't search on my phone.
    Don't know if this is the one or not

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68011/foxes/p3
  • Mate, I’m in Welling and we’ve had foxes, reckon they are living in an overgrown garden about half a dozen doors down.

I bought a couple of different sprays on amazon (apparently you have to spray 2 different ones so they don’t get used to the smell) but the best investment was one of those little gadgets that emits a high pitched sound (appreciate your dogs would hate it) but it’s done the trick for us. I was clearing up fox shit every day before the kids could go in the garden.

I’d kill every single one of the fuckers - drive me mad
  • Yeah I seem them in Lidl but considered the dogs.
    Fuck em now, gonna get one.
  • I got one on amazon, paid about £25 but well worth it

• Put the fox in a box and sell it to wenger or curbs