Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Very low quality game even in first half but first half had chances
  • it's all getting a bit embarrassing now. This is supposed to be their job... all of them have been out on their feet since the 60th minute.
  • Even when it looks like it’s going to boil over it’s anticlimactic

• 11 men behind the ball and little to no pressure when you're nil nil and have to win. I'd be very annoyed if I was an Iranian fan.
  • Poor standard. Get used to this if they expand to 48 teams.
  • No idea what Iran's tactic is here? Wasting time for a 0-0 draw makes no sense. They hoping to pick up points against Spain and Portugal?

Carlos Queiroz has been attacked by many Iranian fans for his negative tactics, today certainly backs that up
    What do I know :blush:
  • edited June 2018
    3 games 4 90+ minute goals
  • 11 men behind the ball and little to no pressure when you're nil nil and have to win. I'd be very annoyed if I was an Iranian fan.

Ahem
  • Cracking header. Shame it’s in the wrong end!
  • Oops

Reckon that goal will see Portugal and Spain through as dont see Iran challenging them whereas I saw Morocco having the potential to
  • Sponsored links:

• Well I suppose it paid off.

If you want to post a picture of me sleeping in future please ask my permission.
  • That's got to be the first team out already surely... Spain and Ronaldo will tear these two sides apart.
  • That's got to be the first team out already surely... Spain and Ronaldo will tear these two sides apart.

First two teams out. Iran will get pulverised by both.
  • Both games finished in a similar way. A silly late free kick given away, the cross comes in and is met by an unstoppable header!

That was yesterday with Saudi Arabia
  • Huge anticipation here for the Spain - Portugal game so hope it lives up to the expectations. First game of the tournament so far with world class players so should be a good one. The debacle surrounding Spain's coach has added an extra dimension which makes it very difficult to predict but reckon Spain should just about edge it. Either way, really looking forward to it.
  • Spain team is good, but not formidable, defintely a few weaknesses in that side
  • Gone from Dowie on ITV to Murphy on BBC :angry:
  • pen what a start
  • Sponsored links:

• Hmmm, soft penalty
  • That was a dive.
  • Be upset if that was given against us. But soft.
  • Even though I dislike Ronaldo glad he stuck it past DeGea after that little bit of gamesmanship. I would have gone up to DeGea and stood in front of him after banging it in.
  • Please please please let that wanker get sent off
  • How is Murphy saying that was a pen, clear dive.

No doubt the people stuck up Ronaldos arse will say it was a clear pen
  • He was going over before contact was made. Should have been booked.
    And Murphy is a twat.
  • Great start from a neutral perspective though, Spain will have to go at them now no time for being cagey or feeling each other out.
  • Definite penalty.
  • He was looking for it but it was a foul.