Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I think I’m falling out of love with Charlton

Like many older Lifers I have supported the club for over 50 years through thick and thin, I have experience highs and lows but nothing as low as now. We have an owner who I abhore from which I decided not to give him any more of my money, last season I attended 2 games at home - the legends and a £5 game and now I live in Dorset there are few close away games, unlike in Lancashire, plus:

Konsa sold to Brentford, I ask you,
other players rumoured to be sold,
no new players
2 allegedly problem youngsters on holiday
Goalkeeper coach gone to Millwall
RD now “planning” for another season
possible reluctant purchasers keeping very quiet

and this forum is becoming spiteful and unnecessary on some threads, but I still keep hoping and checking in

....but for how much longer

Comments

• Must admit I don't think I could care less at the moment.
  • I doubt many English football supporters feel most at love and full of passion for their club on June 6th do they ?
  • Like you mate I have been supporting Charlton for over 50 years and as you say this is about as bad as it gets.
    The reason I still attend as many games as I can is because it gives me the opportunity to meet up with people that I made friends with back in the late 60's early 70s.
    I often say to them that I've had enough but they talk me out of it and I keep coming back.
    Charlton is a hard drug for me to kick if I'm honest.
    Also if I do stop coming completely it would feel like the Belgium madman has won.
    Keep the faith mate and hopefully he will be gone soon.

Oi what about me.
  • the longer this cunt owns us the more fans will be lost, i like other havent religously done home games for 2 seasons now, picked ones here and there and you do start to do other stuff with your time.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve boycotted the valley for a couple of years now and fell out of love with football for a while.

However, Serie A has kept my love for football alive this season. Watching Napoli has been an absolute treat and the game is still alive over there. I’ll be flying out this season to a couple of matches. The players are still so close to the fans, the fans have a huge say on club matters and it hasn’t been destroyed by money yet. The atmospheres are amazing and so many young prospects you can watch develop.
  • Over my dead body!
  • It ain't the club's fault.
  • I doubt many English football supporters feel most at love and full of passion for their club on June 6th do they ?

But today is the 15th
    Good point well made. I'm still ill after beer and curry on Tuesday and 9 pints at the cricket on Wednesday. My chronic condition has flared up.

But today is the 15th
    Good point well made. I'm still ill after beer and curry on Tuesday and 9 pints at the cricket on Wednesday. My chronic condition has flared up.
    Haha
    See you soon mate.
  • It ain't the club's fault.

That is the point. Well said!
  • In the last two seasons, I have been to 3 home games. Most of the time, I forget that we are even playing now.
    It's all down to one person, Roland and he is killing our club and my love for the club. I hope that when he goes, my love will return, but that's very uncertain.
  • i worry that those that have gone away wont come back, i have always preferred away games, and would be unlikely to get a season ticket, roland has made it justifiable to stay away.
  • Yeah finally feel like even if the takeover happens I won’t buy a season ticket anymore. My friends and family who I went with have all moved on to other hobbies and it’s harder to come back together for a regularly date. Sick of the takeover - no one knew anything and everyone would have been better keeping mouths closed. Bored of it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• i worry that those that have gone away wont come back, i have always preferred away games, and would be unlikely to get a season ticket, roland has made it justifiable to stay away.

I share your concern about people not coming back.
    It will take years to repair the damage Roland has done.
  • My youngest boys used to love The Valley, cant blame them if they veer off to Brentford, Fulham, or even friggin Chelski now, cheers Roland, wonder how many teenage fans you have driven away forever - tosser, as Blackpool says..........
  • I don't as angry and upset about defeats as I used to but it still means a lot to me. I doubt I will ever stop loving Charlton even though it currently is unrequited.
  • Hang in there Lancashire Lad. Portsmouth away last April proved to me there is still plenty of fire left in the belly of this great club.
  • Charlton home and away. Went from hitchhiking a lift to Carlisle away whilst at uni to see us promoted, to being totally sick of it and I won't go another game next season with him in charge.

Horrendous.