Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ed Sheeran - live at Wembley

I know he is not some people's cup of tea but I am off to see the ginger phenomenon tonight and can't wait. Reviews I have read seem to state it's a really good show and given i have been to 4 gigs in my life I am looking forward to it.

Anyone else going?

Comments

• Not bloody likely.
  • I saw him a couple of years ago in the US. Very talented. Not much of a glittery show, but very good live and very engaging with the crowd.
  • Where's the photo I've just used for the League cup draw?
  • I would echo what CA said, seen him twice, very talented guy.
  • Wife and eldest are going. Not my cup of tea
  • Saw him at the Leeds Arena a few years ago and although I'm not a great fan I have to say he was brilliant.

That was a fairly small arena (12,000?) - be interesting to see how he can hold a stadium audience with what is a pretty basic one man show.
  • My sister went last night and said he was very underwhelming. Bland and overrated where her exact words.
  • I was going to but I have Viagogo tickets which I believe are therefore invalid
  • He's clearly a very talented guy & it's a great story from busking to Wembley stadium.

I find him a bit boring, but I admire his talent
  • He is super boring live, clever stuff putting riffs into foot pedals and that but no charisma. I saw him in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago and left well before the end.

Unfortunately I have to now go to Wembley and watch him again today with th ex (maybe not ex) missus.

Better be worth it
  • Sponsored links:

• Not for me, I'd rather set fire to my cobblers.
    Enjoy!
  • He is super boring live, clever stuff putting riffs into foot pedals and that but no charisma. I saw him in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago and left well before the end.

Unfortunately I have to now go to Wembley and watch him again today with th ex (maybe not ex) missus.

Better be worth it

Is "worth it" defined as her staying or going in this case mate? :smiley:
  • If it was a choice between listening to Ed Sheeran and complete silence, I'd choose silence every time.
  • My sister went last night and said he was very underwhelming. Bland and overrated where her exact words.

Really? We were there last night and thought he was outstanding. Wish we were going again tonight.
  • He reminds me of the musical theatre people at school that I couldn’t stand.

Worked on a music video for him, I had to sit and listen and edit a Galway girl video (that’s never been used). for a whole weekend. Never want to hear that fucking song again.
  • genevajim said:

I was going to but I have Viagogo tickets which I believe are therefore invalid

Yep and they do check. Had to show booking confirmation and credit card used to book.
  • saw him at the O2 a couple of years back and have to admit he was superb, my missus loves him.

Off to Wembley tomorrow night with her, wedding anniversary was last week so I splashed out for Club Wembley tickets and a nice hotel......plenty of brownie points in the bag with the WC upon us.

got them quite a while ago and the only thing I was sweating on was that England's first game would be tomorrow night, thankfully no clash
  • not my cup of tea but he is somebodies as he packs out places, enjoy those that are going

Really? We were there last night and thought he was outstanding. Wish we were going again tonight.
    Yeah, she actually quite likes a lot of his stuff (as do I) but said she was bored shitless.
  • My youngest thought he was Boris Johnson's Son!
  • Sponsored links:

Better be worth it

Is "worth it" defined as her staying or going in this case mate? :smiley:
    If the answer was definitely going, we wouldn’t be going. I know I support Charlton but I’m not that sado-masochistic.
  • genevajim said:

I was going to but I have Viagogo tickets which I believe are therefore invalid

Yep and they do check. Had to show booking confirmation and credit card used to book.
    Yeah, I did as well at Glasgow. I had the booking confirmation on the phone but showed them another ticketmaster booking confirmation and then showed my driving license which they did not check matched the tickets or the confirmation.

I’d give it a go.

That said, I bought tickets 2 weeks ago off Twickets for face value and all legit. Totally support the crack down on viagogo and other rip off merchants and the touts who fees them
  • Wife and daughter are going tomorrow, think Anne-Marie is one the warm up acts they're also looking forward to seeing her.

tbf you don't rate the Beatles or the Rolling Stones....

tbf you don't rate the Beatles or the Rolling Stones....
    My name is not Frank and I didn’t realise it was obligatory to like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.
  • edited June 2018
    He's better in smaller arenas I would say.
    Wembley Stadium is less likely to rock to Sheeran, than Wembley Arena, although I wouldn't expect him to rock either.
    It's more an appreciation of his talent without too much excitement.
  • I'm going tomorrow, I'm not his biggest fan. Isn't his fault he's overplayed on the radio, me and a mate are taking pur womenfolk and I'm sure they'll love it

He did Wembley a few years ago and everyone I spoke to who went said he pulled it off.
  • edited June 2018
    Saw him last night, very very good.

The sound system was really good, must've had a lot of planning to make sure the sound carried through the stadium and not lost in the open air.

Though I was standing reasonbly near the front so wouldn't know what it's like in the third tier.

Not a huge fan either, was just impressed by the talent at which he can keep a crowd engaged with zero frills or back-up band.
  • Carter said:

I'm going tomorrow, I'm not his biggest fan. Isn't his fault he's overplayed on the radio, me and a mate are taking pur womenfolk and I'm sure they'll love it

He did Wembley a few years ago and everyone I spoke to who went said he pulled it off.

It won’t be like Green Day mate.
  • Carter said:

I'm going tomorrow, I'm not his biggest fan. Isn't his fault he's overplayed on the radio, me and a mate are taking pur womenfolk and I'm sure they'll love it

Dirty boy!