Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Kit 18/19 season

Comments

• Their home kit reminds me of our 84/85 The Woolwich Kit, just needs a few pinstripes.

That would look great for us.
  • It's based off of Boro's 1986 home kit.
  • DENCH said:

Normally lots of discussion about this but has been overshadowed because of the play offs. Does anyone have any idea of what we might be expecting and when the club will announce it?

Don't we have the same kit for two seasons? That said I don't know how long we've had the current kit, may be two years.
  • drewman said:

DENCH said:

Normally lots of discussion about this but has been overshadowed because of the play offs. Does anyone have any idea of what we might be expecting and when the club will announce it?

Don't we have the same kit for two seasons? That said I don't know how long we've had the current kit, may be two years.
    Rarely see the same 2 years in a row nowadays. We have with away kits but not home for a while.
  • drewman said:

DENCH said:

Rarely see the same 2 years in a row nowadays. We have with away kits but not home for a while.
    IF RD still has anything to do with it we will be wearing our existing kit till it is threadbare and badgering African villages for any of their cast offs!
  • drewman said:

DENCH said:

IF RD still has anything to do with it we will be wearing our existing kit till it is threadbare and badgering African villages for any of their cast offs!
    If RD gets his way we'll be wearing skins and he'd still try to sell replicas.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    drewman said:

DENCH said:

For at least the past 20 years we must have changed our kit every season.
  • drewman said:

DENCH said:

I don't think ANY clubs now keep their kit for 2 seasons
  • sam3110 said:

Purple and green away kit would be epic

More likely to be green and gold.
  • The last time we had a home kit for 2 seasons was the Macron/KRBS kit from 10-12 which we won promotion in.

Since then we’ve had a new home and away kit every season. The only exception being when we kept the purple third kit from 15/16 and made it the away for 16/17.

Even before that there have only been a handful of times we’ve had the same home and away kit for 2 seasons.
  • drewman said:

DENCH said:

Shows how observant I am! Or at least how similar they all are. We still sponsored by viglen?
  • Ross said:

The last time we had a home kit for 2 seasons was the Macron/KRBS kit from 10-12 which we won promotion in.

Since then we’ve had a new home and away kit every season. The only exception being when we kept the purple third kit from 15/16 and made it the away for 16/17.

Even before that there have only been a handful of times we’ve had the same home and away kit for 2 seasons.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Charlton_Athletic/Charlton_Athletic.htm

Correct with the 2010-12 kit.

I think football shifted to an annual kit change cycle around 2012, I'm surprised it happened without more of a backlash
  • Ross said:

The last time we had a home kit for 2 seasons was the Macron/KRBS kit from 10-12 which we won promotion in.

I think football shifted to an annual kit change cycle around 2012, I'm surprised it happened without more of a backlash
    The MLS seemed to rotate with a new home every other year and a new away the following year, however I think even they now produce new kits every year across the board
  • sam3110 said:

Ross said:

The MLS seemed to rotate with a new home every other year and a new away the following year, however I think even they now produce new kits every year across the board
    High profit margin, easy sale.
  • drewman said:

drewman said:

DENCH said:

Shows how observant I am! Or at least how similar they all are. We still sponsored by viglen?
    No, we have FADS on our shirts at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's about time our new kit was launched, the first pre season match is less than 2 weeks away!
  • It's about time our new kit was launched, the first pre season match is less than 2 weeks away!

They are going to play skins with the numbers painted on - feel sorry for whoever is wearing number 4...

They are going to play skins with the numbers painted on - feel sorry for whoever is wearing number 4...
    Peter Garland is coming back from retirement, squad number 7845203

Peter Garland is coming back from retirement, squad number 7845203
    That’s his daily calorie intake.
  • They'll tease and launch it on the week leading up to Welling, guaranteed

Because we have history of doing this well in advance of the first friendly don't we

Chances are we will be printing names and numbers in the Welling club shop 10 mins before kickoff

• Roland is relying on a mad rush to fill the coffers... before ta ta's
  • We played pre-season in that white and black kit last season
  • sam3110 said:

They'll tease and launch it on the week leading up to Welling, guaranteed

But the players will all come out wearing last seasons...
  • the players seem to be in last years training kits as well in Portugal