Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• cfgs said:

I wonder how many season ticket purchasers are now starting to regret it?

None I would assume. Think they go regardless for the day out, not for whats on the pitch etc.
  • robroy said:

cfgs said:

I wonder how many season ticket purchasers are now starting to regret it?

None I would assume. Think they go regardless for the day out, not for whats on the pitch etc.
    I was going to say, it can’t be for the football!!
  • Sun and alcohol @Redhenry is not a good combination however when we beat the Aussies at cricket it's one of the exceptions to the rule :wink: .
  • edited June 2018

Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:

lolwray said:

i sometimes honestly think it might be better for RD to withdraw his backing and send us into admin

He can't, he is the sole creditor. He could stop trading and liquidate the assets, that would forfeit the golden share and significantly reduce the value. No one would buy the valley without a football team, all the players would be free to leave as their contracts would be void. Not sure how much the training ground is worth but I doubt you could sell it for development.
    Not quite. Former directors’ loans are the first charge on the assets.
    Is it all assets? I thought it was the valley. However I think you agree on the point if not the detail?
    Is all assets, I believe, but I agree there’s no point in him putting the business into administration.
    @Cafc43v3r A debenture (former directors' charges) attaches all fixed and floating assets.
  • Redhenry said:

JamesSeed said:

Redhenry said:

They didn't come for the Vol-au-vents! :smiley:

They may well have looked at half a dozen clubs. If I wanted to buy a Chinese club I doubt I'd only pick one to look at. It's important to get these facts right ;-)
    really?
    Sorry, that didn't come across right. But would love to know if they put in a concrete bid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Love all the people saying the aussies have no money. How on earth do you know? Makes more sense that they just don't want to pay way over the top for something. Just because your rich doesn't mean you happily pay 50K for a 20K car does it?

Exactly. It appears a Saudi prince pulled out of the bidding because the price was ridiculous. Does that mean he didn’t have the money?

I assume Roly has an idea who does have the money, as he wouldn’t let a reported 40.5m bid walk away without knowing the Aussies would pay more AND had the money. If he did, then once again, he is the underlying problem.
  • Death by a thousand nails, courtesy of Roland.
  • Not kicked off in Moscow yet (at time of typing). Could still go through before start of the World Cup....
  • Love all the people saying the aussies have no money. How on earth do you know? Makes more sense that they just don't want to pay way over the top for something. Just because your rich doesn't mean you happily pay 50K for a 20K car does it?

Exactly. It appears a Saudi prince pulled out of the bidding because the price was ridiculous. Does that mean he didn’t have the money?

I assume Roly has an idea who does have the money, as he wouldn’t let a reported 40.5m bid walk away without knowing the Aussies would pay more AND had the money. If he did, then once again, he is the underlying problem.
    I think there's a very real possibility that the more the Aussies understand about the club, the less they believe it is worth. I don't take them for mugs, and I think they may have realised Roly is taking them for a ride. I'm with Airman when he says Roly has massively over valued the club.
  • Let us forget the "if not this week, then next week" and change it to "if not this season, then next season"
  • Depressingly, NLA's analysis is probably pretty accurate.

What I don't understand is why doesn't Muir front the money required now, and then look for additional investors once he owns the club? Why does he have to find them in advance?
  • edited June 2018
    Fuck all this Roland has over valued the club

The bloke is a **** proper but

It’s his money he has spent it’s his right to value it at what he wants and we know the Saudi bid was 40.5 mil now say what you want there’s the value right there

I don’t think the club is worth that but my thoughts don’t matter

Don’t buy all this bullshit from the Aussies I never have

If you want to buy us then pay the money if you don’t then fuck off

The more people that fuck off the cheaper his value is but if you have agreed a price and you’ve gone to EFL and it looks like it’s happening and doesn’t the only reason is the buyer has pulled

RD ain’t put the price up that’s not been mentioned in any leak so it’s not happened

Fact is you wanted to buy us you thought you could and now you won’t or can’t do just fuck off
  • Sponsored links:

• Is one of @Redhenry lot sitting alongside Putin at this evening game?
  • Rick Everitt

@airmanbrown
    21m21 minutes ago
    More
    #cafc takeover ups and downs continue. Positive news today is that the two sides are talking face to face. Sheer number of investors doing paperwork on the Aussie side seems to have caused delays, leading Duchatelet to lose patience.
  • A glimmer of hope from @Airman Brown

#cafc takeover ups and downs continue. Positive news today is that the two sides are talking face to face. Sheer number of investors doing paperwork on the Aussie side seems to have caused delays, leading Duchatelet to lose patience.

— Rick Everitt (@airmanbrown) June 14, 2018

Stalling Aussie tactic whilst they try to raise the gap in funding caused by the EFL findings I’d lose Paitence too and it doesn’t help the playing side this delay does it yet the Aussies walk on water
  • Charlton FC on the stock market once sold.
  • "sheer number of investors" Certainly backs up the fact Muir is not spending his own money.

Sounds like he is selling lottery tickets to raise the funds, I don't like it one bit.
  • Fuck all this Roland has over valued the club

The bloke is a cunt proper but

It’s his money he has spent it’s his right to value it at what he wants and we know the Saudi bid was 40.5 mil now say what you want there’s the value right there

I don’t think the club is worth that but my thoughts don’t matter

Don’t buy all this bullshit from the Aussies I never have

If you want to buy us then pay the money if you don’t then fuck off

The more people that fuck off the cheaper his value is but if you have agreed a price and you’ve gone to EFL and it looks like it’s happening and doesn’t the only reason is the buyer has pulled

RD ain’t put the price up that’s not been mentioned in any leak so it’s not happened

Fact is you wanted to buy us you thought you could and now you won’t or can’t do just fuck off

Fact is you don't know anything for sure, no one really does, including your source. Let's see how it plays out, rather than telling our potential new owners to 'fuck off'.

Btw when was the Saudi bid? Values go up and down.

But that's not how sales usually work

A business is for sale at a certain price, and you either accept the figure or reject it. You don't accept the price then try and change it 3 months later.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!