Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

fixtures 18/19

with another season done and dusted and we are still in fing league one, any particular away games you are looking forward to next year, there is a lot in this league i wont bothering to go back to,

my list comprises of;

sunderland - make a weekend of it in newcastle
bristol rovers
burton albion
coventry
wycombe
pompey
gills
wimbledon
southend
luton
accrington stanley

wouldn't mind an away game 1st, preferably one with a decent array of pubs before hand for a sunny away day.

mix of new grounds for me and ones that i have been before and there local/decent away day.

Comments

• Hoping for Blackpool away first game of the season.

Looking forward to Sunderland, Plymouth away as well
  • I have four new grounds to try to get to this year -

Rochdale (don't ask, been on my list for years but never made it due to postponements, cricket, holidays etc!)
    Burton Albion
    Accrington Stanley
    and
    Doncaster Rovers (always seem to be on a Tuesday night!).
  • Will almost certainly do Brizzle for meeting the family. Pompey was a great day out this year so fancy that again. Never seen Burton play which is a reason for going there. Blackpool at the start or end of season could be good..
  • Going for Burton away first game.
  • Accrington
  • Got the bug again towards the end of last season, having been worried that it had gone forever. If Roland's gone and we're not completely hopeless then I'll be looking to do at least 15 aways.

Similar list to the OP, would like to do Plymouth and Oxford as well. Will undoubtedly go to Luton because it's relatively local. If you haven't been before, just be aware that it's a horrible club with horrible supporters in a horrible town. The stadium's nothing to write home about either, although still preferable to any of the identikit new stadiums. A day to drink in London beforehand and jump on the last train that gets you there in time for kick off.

Sunderland's the main priority. No doubt that'll end up being on a Tuesday night in the middle of winter.
  • Plymouth if opening game I’d probably go again but would certainly change my drinking preferences as that pub before was a joke.
  • Just Burton and Accrington for me, then I'll tag along to any where a good group is going.
  • Plymouth if opening game I’d probably go again but would certainly change my drinking preferences as that pub before was a joke.

That was awful
  • When are the fixtures out please
  • Sponsored links:

Too late for us to buy anyone

Two weeks. 21st

That was awful
    The whole home and away in pubs I don’t like and seems to happen at a lot at this level, as they probably don’t have to cater for designated away pub, pub was ridiculous

I take it youve not bought your season ticket yet

That was awful
    Was it better than the micro pub in pompey
  • Accrington
    Burton
    Bradford
    Main ones for me
  • I'll miss Bury :-(
    Accrington looks a doddle to get to, but uncovered terracing means that it's always a gamble. Sunderland is also doable on a Sat afternoon. Would enjoy Wycombe, but would probably spend the day in the Mad Squirrel Brewery Tap and miss the game!
  • addickson said:

I'll miss Bury :-(
    Accrington looks a doddle to get to, but uncovered terracing means that it's always a gamble. Sunderland is also doable on a Sat afternoon. Would enjoy Wycombe, but would probably spend the day in the White Horse and miss the game!

• clb74 said:

Plymouth if opening game I’d probably go again but would certainly change my drinking preferences as that pub before was a joke.

That was awful
    Was it better than the micro pub in pompey
    The beer was much better than granddads nut juice in that micro pub it just took an hour to order it
  • clb74 said:

When are the fixtures out please

I take it youve not bought your season ticket yet
    Not until Roland fucks off
  • Sponsored links:

• Ones to miss.....

Sunderland - esp if its a tues eve in December
    Plymouth - unless its 1st game of the season as we're down in Devon then.

Hope to go to:

Coventry
    Luton
    Peterborough
    Wycombe
    Gills
    Pompey
    Dons

Maybe's

Accrington
    Shrewsbury
  • Might give Pompey a miss next season, will never be as good as the atmosphere a couple of months ago.
  • Really hoping Plymouth away is in the school holidays again as my son and I had a lovely long weekend down there.

Oxford away would be good too.
  • I'd like to visit some of the 7 L1 grounds I've not been to yet. Sunderland, Bradford and Burton are probably top of this list.
    Fleetwood or Blackpool is always an enjoyable weekend, especially in late September when the weather is still nice and the Blackpool Lights are on
    Luton is convenient but a horrible ground. Been 20 years since I was last there though...
    Plymouth would be excellent as a late summer break
  • edited June 2018
    prem league just released

arsenal vs city 1st day, followed by chelsea away 2nd game
  • I can actually claim ITK status for the fixtures! Friend of a friend blah blah etc is a sports journalist, I was told Arsenal’s first two games late last night, asked about us he said I’ll let you know next week.
  • edited June 2018
    Just goes to show how busy a month December is

• Yet the winter break will be in February, so not much will change about December....
  • So the winter 'break' is two weeks.
  • Winter Break wont happen till the 2019/20 season