Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A2 Black Prince to Falconwood

Since the police removed the yellow speed cameras on this stretch of the A2 and replaced with an average speed check system about 18m ago has anyone been done for speeding?

Comments

• Sorry. I've been busy working.
  • Nope, have you been naughty?
  • Not at all, but I use it a lot and sometimes I drift above 50mph.
  • it seems to me that since they did that more people are keeping to the speed limit. before they would get to the camera, stay under 50, then speed up till they reach another camera.
  • cant you just change lanes and it doesnt pick you up
  • My son friend got done BH Monday Ave 58mph
  • All I'd say is be careful in these areas now...

I had a right tosser behind me on the M25 a few months ago that I had to keep an eye on as he was basically trying to run me off the road, he came off @ the M20 whilst I continued down the hill to come off @ the A2

Had been distracted and didnt realise that there was a variable speed limit going down the hill... Going past one camera it flashed twice (I'm guessing it was me as wasnt timed to affect anyone else), yet since then I've not received anything so can only presume I either got away with it or it was for another car

Since then though I've been extremely careful going through those sections on the A2 and M25 to avoid it happening again

I had a right tosser behind me on the M25 a few months ago that I had to keep an eye on as he was basically trying to run me off the road, he came off @ the M20 whilst I continued down the hill to come off @ the A2

Had been distracted and didnt realise that there was a variable speed limit going down the hill... Going past one camera it flashed twice (I'm guessing it was me as wasnt timed to affect anyone else), yet since then I've not received anything so can only presume I either got away with it or it was for another car

Since then though I've been extremely careful going through those sections on the A2 and M25 to avoid it happening again

Thank goodness you haven't been caught.
  • Sponsored links:

The average speed cameras on the A2 don't flash. The variable speed limits on the M25 are, I believe, still enforced by the traditional style (ie flashing) speed cameras though.
  • Riviera said:

Here we go, all the holy than thou brigade have woken up. So many absolute tossers on here.

ooh, touchy.

Interesting. Like most people I wonder what the limit is to take action, especially as most speedos aren't 100% accurate - I passed one of those signs that shows your speed and it said 29mph when I speedo said 31.
  • Chizz said:

All I'd say is be careful in these areas now...

Helps that I rarely speed as try to conserve fuel seeing funds are a bit tight at home at the moment
  • Rizzo said:

The average speed cameras on the A2 don't flash. The variable speed limits on the M25 are, I believe, still enforced by the traditional style (ie flashing) speed cameras though.
    Correct, no flashing from the A2 cameras, they just record each car that goes by. Those that are exceeding the average of 50 mph get a letter.

Interesting. Like most people I wonder what the limit is to take action, especially as most speedos aren't 100% accurate - I passed one of those signs that shows your speed and it said 29mph when I speedo said 31.
    The 'normal' speed cameras are, or certainly used to be, set at 10%+2 over the limit, so 35 at 30mph, 46 at 40 etc.
  • Chizz said:

Helps that I rarely speed as try to conserve fuel seeing funds are a bit tight at home at the moment
    Well it's good you didn't get a ticket then. Because if you had, then the speeding while not paying attention would have been quite a bad idea.
  • Rizzo said:

My son friend got done BH Monday Ave 58mph

The 'normal' speed cameras are, or certainly used to be, set at 10%+2 over the limit, so 35 at 30mph, 46 at 40 etc.
    That is an urban myth.
  • edited June 2018
    Riviera said:

Rizzo said:

That is an urban myth.
    My friend who works in the speed enforcement office of the Met begs to differ, as does my other friend who spent 30 years in the traffic police.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018

• Riviera said:

Here we go, all the holy than thou brigade have woken up. So many absolute tossers on here.

• Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Well it's good you didn't get a ticket then. Because if you had, then the speeding while not paying attention would have been quite a bad idea.
    You dont do yourself any favours do you......
  • bobmunro said:

I tend to avoid the A2 by living in the north. Hope that helps @Riviera

Yes, but the f*cking M6 - Jesus!
    Try the M1!
  • Riviera said:

Since the police removed the yellow speed cameras on this stretch of the A2 and replaced with an average speed check system about 18m ago has anyone been done for speeding?

No I haven’t. I regularly travel around 55-60 mph average on portions of this road and have not been done for speeding.
  • edited June 2018
    Riviera said:

Rizzo said:

That is an urban myth.
    Correct. It is a the discretion of the respective police forces Chief Constable.

• nott been flashed or caught on either the A2 or M25 since variable / average speed cameras were introduced & I regularly go over the speed limit, but not above 60 on the A2 or 90 on the M25.

@ForeverAddickted
    You have to be contacted within 14 days for the summons/notification to be valid.