Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest related items for the Museum

The Charlton Athletic Museum are keen to collect items related to all aspects of the history of the club.

For that reason we would like to collect as many protest related items as possible.

In particular we would like any of @cafcwill 's banners and the big black and white banners from Rotherham and the funeral march.

If you have any flyers, especially a good 2% flyer and non-Card items we'd love to have them to.

Any designs for shirts, t-shirts etc and any home made items would be of great interest.

Please inbox us or email cafchistorian@gmail.com

Items can also be left at main reception at the Valley (marked as for the Museum) or posted to Charlton Athletic Museum C/O the Valley.

Up the Addicks

Comments

• I have my big banner from the Belgian march with loads of famous Belgian people name checked.
    I would be delighted if it was a desirable item, and better in the museum than in my garden shed.
  • 68 were made (with a potential 69th being planned) so there should be a few knocking about

I still have the original at home and i think i still have the 'why are you still here' one too.

can you message me the address and i'll get them posted over to you
  • Will you be commissioning busts of Roland, Katrien, Driesen, Luzon and Fraeye?
  • Will you be commissioning busts of Roland, Katrien, Driesen, Luzon and Fraeye?

Unlikely
  • cafcwill said:

68 were made (with a potential 69th being planned) so there should be a few knocking about

I still have the original at home and i think i still have the 'why are you still here' one too.

can you message me the address and i'll get them posted over to you

The address for any items is

Charlton Athletic Museum
    C/O the Valley
    Floyd Rd
    Charlton
    SE7 8BL
  • seth plum said:

I have my big banner from the Belgian march with loads of famous Belgian people name checked.
    I would be delighted if it was a desirable item, and better in the museum than in my garden shed.

The museum would very much like this and similar items.
  • Call me superstitious but I’m keeping hold of mine til I’m sure I’m not gonna be needing it again. No chickens counted here til the rotten crank has definitely gone.
  • I've got the WAR banner from the Unity Protest but it's quite big.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Can we get hold of the 'LIAR' bed sheet that was dangled above Katrien's head?
  • We understand that the LIAR banner was, like the coffin, lost in action.

But if that's not the case then it would be an iconic item to display.
  • I've got the WAR banner from the Unity Protest but it's quite big.

Big is fine.
  • Call me superstitious but I’m keeping hold of mine til I’m sure I’m not gonna be needing it again. No chickens counted here til the rotten crank has definitely gone.

No chicken counting.

When the change of ownership takes place people may wish to get rid of items so we're reminding them in advance that we're happy to take such items.
  • With an eye on history I've saved the Dutch-language banner I carried in St Truiden which was one of the hand made ones. Happy to bring it in once regime change is over.
  • I have a friend who would like to donate a plastic pig but fears he will get abuse for not throwing it on the pitch. Will there be an amnesty ?

I have a couple of 2% flyers
  • Would be great to get one of the Pinocchio outfits that were ‘on display’ in Bob Jacobs when they appeared in sky!
  • More than happy to give you my photos of the protests, Funeral march. Big Roland Balloon which I did the artwork for, Photos of the Woolwich meeting and the 'flyer',Protest at Training ground,etc.
    I think Nug did most of the 'graphics'. ( and what a good job he did). In year's to come the digital files may well be worth having access to. Send me a message happy to bring down a c\d, at start of the season.
  • @rananegra @Pico @ken from bexley

Yes please to all of those offers

@sammy391 yes it would but I think they were hired @Curb_It
  • Might be able to lay my hands on this

• Sponsored links:

• I've got leaflets etc. at home. I think my Mum still has a banner. Will have a look at the weekend and let you know.
  • Let me know if you want video files of the various stuff, advent calendar etc.
  • I have the very large Belgium20 banner ' ROLAND & KATRIEN TIME TO GO ' memorably used to serenade Roly on his 70th birthday family meal.

Been in the boot of my car for ages now. We will be pleased to donate it to the museum - WIOTOS.

Many other item's including more than a billion quid's worth of £50 million notes - Bank of Roland.
  • There was a good multi-page article with pics, about the protest march in 4-4-2 magazine - trying to find my copy. Wife may have thrown it. Maybe somebody else has one?
  • I've got a Belgium coloured North Korean flag.
  • Wilma said:

I've got leaflets etc. at home. I think my Mum still has a banner. Will have a look at the weekend and let you know.

Thanks @Wilma Just the sort of thing we need
    Nug said:

Let me know if you want video files of the various stuff, advent calendar etc.

Very much so @nug

There was a good multi-page article with pics, about the protest march in 4-4-2 magazine - trying to find my copy. Wife may have thrown it. Maybe somebody else has one?

That would be good @MuttleyCAFC

I've got a Belgium coloured North Korean flag.

Would like that and any other North Korean flag @guinnessaddick

Might be able to lay my hands on this

Can you bring it in to the museum? We can give you the address if you don't know it @Henry Irving : - )

I have the very large Belgium20 banner ' ROLAND & KATRIEN TIME TO GO ' memorably used to serenade Roly on his 70th birthday family meal.

Been in the boot of my car for ages now. We will be pleased to donate it to the museum - WIOTOS.

Many other item's including more than a billion quid's worth of £50 million notes - Bank of Roland.

Yes, and Yes @Addictedoldgit Those black and white banners are very important. Any B20/Rot stuff too

@Addickted2TheReds do you still have one of the banners?

Thanks everyone for the support.
  • I have a North Korean flag with Roland on it. We made a batch for the St Truiden March! once again need to find it. When I do, it's yours.
  • I have a North Korean flag with Roland on it. We made a batch for the St Truiden March! once again need to find it. When I do, it's yours.

thank you
  • I have kept something from moat of the protests including a 2% poster and a load of other posters. A couple of the places used in Belgium, a banner made by that will fella, my flag that one of Katriens goons tried to Nick off me because it had Roland out written on it. etc. Will post pics sometime next week when I'm back from holiday.
  • Data Techniques had the outfits. I didn’t get them back.