Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Ezri Konsa signs for Brentford+++

Comments

• £2.5 m is a very decent price imo. He's not a Gonez & about the same level as Cousins. Shame the money is going (indirectly) to RD....just hope the new ownwrs have some money to spend.

Also see it as the final death knells......new owners wouldn't want to their first bit of action to be selling one of the youngsters....

do you think that under the new lot that transfer figures will be known......all this undisclosed bollox really pissess me off.
  • The visions of grandeur and high stature many still see this club at astonishes me at times.

Have you had your heads up your backsides for the last 10 years?

We have been shronking at an alarming rate since this Belgian no mark took us on and have been losing ground to the likes of Brenford for years.
  • Pico said:

Is it so different from Cousins going to QPR ?

Yes... Jordan Cousins didnt want to drop down to League One when we were relegated
    So what you're saying is that this is in fact a better move for Konsa than Cousins was as Cousins was effectively staying at the same level whereas Konsa is taking a step up?
  • Pico said:

Is it so different from Cousins going to QPR ?

Yes... Jordan Cousins didnt want to drop down to League One when we were relegated
    And Cousins was an established Championship level player, whereas Konsa was a L1 squad player. You're buying potential with Konsa, which is why I expected a Prem club to buy him as a "punt"
  • Good luck, Ezri. All the best for the future. If this means we can keep PB and JP, then that’s a good deal for us.
  • £3.5m in Rd pocket.

£3.5m less that the Australians have to pay?
    Yes it will be part of the takeover figure
  • The optimist view in me is hoping new owners coming in will mean the last of losing talented youngsters for a while as they help us move up the leagues.

Konsa really needs to find his best position. Too casual at times which he won't get away with in the championship. A good coach will get a lot out of him.
  • Spanish said:

How can anyone on here have any idea how much he was sold for ?

i didn't make it up :)
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3vZvopE24

Still, looking forward to keeping our best young players.
  • Sponsored links:

• JUST F O AND SELL THE CLUB
  • Konsa sat at our table at the player of the season do.
    He seems a nice bloke and said he would be happy to stay if Charlton wanted to keep him.
    So it would appear Charlton instigated this move and not Konsa.
    Good luck at Brentford mate and I hope you go on to have a successful career.
  • Wonder if a fire sale is coming?
  • Hope this helps pay for Rolys new hotel!
  • Would all add ons go to Charlton Athletic post-sale, or is there a convoluted legal way that RD's company could still benefit from this in the future?
  • Wonder if a fire sale is coming?

All ready said Josh and Marshall can go, bfg strongly linked with a move, can't see that there is much left worth selling?
  • Would all add ons go to Charlton Athletic post-sale, or is there a convoluted legal way that RD's company could still benefit from this in the future?

He's alleged by the Standard Socios to have had an agreement on a cut of future player sales as part of the purchase agreement.

So it seems very possible to me. Let's hope the Aussies are alive to the fact that he has form in this area.

• Sponsored links:

He seems a nice bloke and said he would be happy to stay if Charlton wanted to keep him.

To be fair, he was probably just saying the right thing...
  • edited June 2018

Staggered. Apart from anything else, why would Ezri choose Brentford of all clubs?

Charlton are in League 1,
    Brentford are championship.
    Konsa may progress in championship, light years off being a premier player in the 30 odd games I have seen him play. Would be amazed if over 2 million.
  • So why did we turn down the £1.8 and then £3million over two years from Everton in Jan?
  • Shame , expected really. Reckon he could be a premiership player, but would have been good to keep him for a couple of seasons like Cousins. Still not considered a starter and whether he will be CB/DM (reckon in a back 3 he would suit best as the ball playing one)
  • Brentford!

• Brentford seems a bit left-field, but it's actually probably a very good move for him. Despite what many on here will have us believe, he is a very good young player with a bright future. He's comfortably League 1 standard and the odd inexperienced mistake aside is too good for this level really but he's not ready for the Premier League yet so if he wants to develop he needs to be playing Championship football. He should be doing that with us, but having given us this season he'll feel he's been plenty loyal (and I think he probably has) so won't want to gamble on another season with us in the hope we go up, which tbh looks unlikely as it's mid June and we don't even know who will be our owner and manager let alone have a balanced and cohesive squad. So he can go to a Championship team or a Premier League side and end up loaned out with all the long term career risks that can carry. I'm sure he'll get game time at Brentford and he gets to stay in London where his friends and family are. He'll probably be viewing it as a bit of a stepping stone, but a relatively smart move from him imo.

Shit from us though.
  • Not heartbroken by this but really looking forward to the day when we’ll be a transfer predator again. Not nice always being the club that sells its best youngsters.

To be fair, he was probably just saying the right thing...
    If he had gone to Everton I would agree with you.
    But I can't believe that he instigated a move to Brentford.