Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Don't they pay in cardigans as opposed to a salary
  • #anyonebutdoucher
  • #VoteSeb. What is a serious board meeting without a worm!?
  • Am I the only one who thought that said Murray calls for fan on board . I was about to go into a rant !
  • shirty5 said:

I nominate grapevine

Long board meetings then
    Yes, sod taking the minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jimmy Seed would be good but he's a Millwall fan.

• Swisdom said:

Don't they pay in cardigans as opposed to a salary

Didn't even pay that!
  • I thought he was dead, but it is a good suggestion non-the-less.
  • Jimmy Seed would be good but he's a Millwall fan.

Yes none of that lot please
  • This is a weird article in terms of writing, references and the lead. The timing is also strange, it could have been published anytime since December so why now?
  • The Mercury calls....who is 'The Mercury' ????

I thought the Mercury was almost a dead duck with desk in the store room at the SLP, with a tiny distribution these days.

And I don't think it has 'called' for anything since the return to the Valley. Strange lead.

So glad I wasn't the only one to wonder that.

But, I completely agree. This must be seen as the objective for both us and for English football as a whole.
  • A superb choice would be Addickted.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Mercury calls....who is 'The Mercury' ????

I thought the Mercury was almost a dead duck with desk in the store room at the SLP, with a tiny distribution these days.

And I don't think it has 'called' for anything since the return to the Valley. Strange lead.

Maybe Peter Cordwell is behind this suggestion?
  • Didn't realise this 'newspaper' was still going, or is it purely on-line now?.

Back in the day when Kevin Nolan was writing for it, it was a must-have read every Thursday.

Love one of the captions, "A Charlton fan shouts from the stands." Bet that took a lot of thinking up!
  • addick05 said:

Love one of the captions, "A Charlton fan shouts from the stands." Bet that took a lot of thinking up!

The caption on the second picture is also class " Charlton Athletic’ fans in the stands during the Sky Bet League One match at The Valley, London"

Now my memory is not what it was but I'm sure there was more than one game.
  • JWADDICK said:

addick05 said:

The caption on the second picture is also class " Charlton Athletic’ fans in the stands during the Sky Bet League One match at The Valley, London"

Now my memory is not what it was but I'm sure there was more than one game.
    Hilarious. Maybe if you were boycotting and only went to one match?

• My vote goes to he or she known as 'a certain person' - whoever they are.
  • T_C_E said:

My vote would go to Mrs FF........some knows and loves the club, and the double whammy would be the message it would send up to Sheffield. ;)

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!
  • Nobody from the CL glitterati should be considered.
  • edited June 2018
    personally I'd go further, not sure this is the right moment though, let's see what the new owners when arrive are made of